Bridgepoint Education

Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions

Updated 25 Aug 2014
Updated 25 Aug 2014

Systems Engineer III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Initial contact was a Phone screen. I then had an in person interview which lasted about two and a half hours.There were two individual interviews, one by the director of product delivery and one by the products supervisor. Each were about an hour. I had a skills test after that and then was presented an offer.

Interview Questions
    not flexible on benefits and PTO. Ask for more money. Trying to get reasonable increases as an employee is difficult, if not impossible.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Used a temporary placement agency

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing really out of the ordinary in their hiring process.   Answer Question

Too low of salary

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

The recruiter called me for quick phone screening and then two days later they called me to come in for in person interview. I was interviewed by two people, it lasted about 45 minutes. The next day they called me again to come in for the second interview to meet with their executives the interview lasted for about an hour and half.

Interview Questions
    Still waiting for an offer.

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Let me start by saying that this was the most unprofessional experience I have had. The first red flag (besides the poor reviews of the HR and recruiting department on here) was when the recruiter called me while I was driving and asked me if I had a few minutes. I said I was driving and would be home in 15 min to call her back. She disregarded that and just continued on with asking me several questions for about 5 minutes even though I said it was not a good time. At the end of it, she set up the actual phone interview for the following day. The day after that, I was in the office for an interview. This was the only plus. The office was great and I really enjoyed the two hiring managers I met with. However, I was told by the recruiter I was interviewing with one hiring manager so I had no idea who the other was - another strike for the recruiter.

Interview Questions

I received a request to fill out a reference check form within a few hours of my interview and was told to reach out to all of my references so they can expect the call, which I did. By end of day, the recruiter called me with an offer because "the hiring managers were so impressed with the interview."

And then things went downhill really quick. She gave me the terms of the offer and I asked if it were possible to negotiate for a small amount more. ( I was already taking a big salary cut.) She said she would get back to me. For the next week I got no response to any of my emails or calls. Finally, three days before my expected start date, she calls me and says that they could not match my request and they had "taken my request into consideration and offered the role to someone else."

Moral of the story, don't expect professionalism and salary negotiations are a deal breaker.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in October 2012.

Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Questions
    • How many pay phones are there in New York City?   View Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in January 2012.

Professional atmosphere. Was greeted when I came in the door. Not too hard to find the place. Pleasant interviewer. Friendly office. Interview took about an hour. Asked good questions about my background. Did a roleplay where questions were asked about how I would handle a phone call to someone who didn't want to sign up. Was coached to overcome any rejection and get the prospective student to sign up for college.
    Seems like they care about getting people back to school.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a prospective student that doesn't want to enroll at this time?   View Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in December 2011.

General interview questions relating to call center task and sales attitude.

Interview Questions
    Not great. I got the impression that I wouldn't get an interview if I didn't prematurely agree to a salary.

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in October 2011.

Application Submitted on Website.
    2 weeks later, company Recruiter contacted me to "get to know me".
    Company recruiter recommended me for Phone Interview with Engineer.
    Engineer recommended me for In Person Interview.
    Company recruiter set everything up and answered all questions
    In Person interview with 4 members of the team. (Development Manager, Engineer, etc)
    Followup with Company Recruiter.
    2nd Interview with more members of team
    Job Offer Letter.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in June 2011.

I was contacted by a third party who found my resume on Monster, and then I was contacted by Bridgepoint through email to complete an application and make an appointment for an interview, but after reading about the company I was unsure about responding. I answered my phone from a number that I did not recognize, and it was bridgepoint so I decided to go with it. They talked to me on the phone for several minutes about the position and I explained that I am happy to speak to people encouraging them to seek higher education, however there is a fine line between encouragement and being pushy. She scheduled an interview for me the following business day. Upon arriving at the building there is a special elevator that the security guard must help you access that takes you to the recruiting floor. I was about 20 minutes early so I sat in the lounge until my interviewer called me at exactly my appointment time. He was very friendly and seemed laid-back, but was very specific about his questions. He asked about strengths/weaknesses, what you did and did not like about your last job and about why I left my last job. He asked about how you deal with frustrating situations in the workplace. He thanked me for my time and said that I would be receiving an email within 48 hours to let me know if I did or did not receive the position.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like about your previous job? And what did you dislike?   View Answer
    • What would your previous boss say are your Strengths and Weaknesses?   View Answer
    • What do you think about an online school opposed to a traditional school?   View Answer
    • Do you have personal experience with going to school online?   View Answer

He explained that on average we make 150-250 phone calls a day. In an 8 hour work day that leaves 2.4 minutes on average for each call. That barely leaves time for someone to use the restroom. Also, the building blocks all cell phone reception, facebook (which is understandable), and all personal email accounts such as yahoo and gmail. I understand that they do not want us screwing around on the job (not like there would even be time for that) but all of my family contacts me through cell or email for emergencies and I don't think that a workplace should have to block such things to have faith in their employees.
    I also did not accept the position because of the on average 200 phone calls a day to prospective students, most people only enroll 4 (yes four) students per week. That just seems like our work is nearly meaningless, not to mention mundane.
    He also explained that many students we contact have requested information for online schools, and that information is given not only to bridgepoint but also to every other online school, meaning the prospective students receive many phone calls a day (and we are expected to call them 2 to 3 times a day each). He said there is no shortage of foul language, anger, and frustration from the prospective students who are receive endless calls... not to mention we have to compete with these students and persuade them to go to Bridgepoint (Ashford university) instead of other schools like U of Phoenix.