Brigham and Women's Hospital

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in May 2010.

Interview Details the process of hiring is very simple for postdoc position.
visit of the lab, meeting coworker, face to face lunch and discussion with the PI

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation in my case. postdoc salary follows NIH grids

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details I contacted the principal investigator directly for asking any vacancy for postdoctoral position. After two on-site interviews with PI and other faculty members, I got finally hired. My case was unusual, I did not have my research presentation in the lab meeting setting, instead I met all the faculty members by one-to-one meeting.

Interview Question – how do you formulated a study hypothesis out of preliminary data that they have   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in May 2011.

Interview Details Submitted resume via internal employee referral- was called/emailed 2 weeks later, had an initial phone interview, then an in-person interview with the next 2 weeks, met with 5 individuals, and talked to HR within the next week and was offered (and accepted) the job within 2 weeks of speaking with HR

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were presented with a conflict and how you solved it   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details The process took two weeks, One phone interview and two one on one interviews.

Interview Question – What do you like most about your current position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Technical Research Assistant II Interview

Technical Research Assistant II
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in August 2010.

Interview Details The job posting was found on craigslist (in 2010) and my CV/cover letter were promptly responded to. I traveled to Boston for an onsite interview and was told I was "over qualified" for the position. I was unexpectedly asked to interview for a different position under a different supervisor. Overall, the interview process was quick and painless. Despite interviewing for a level two position, I was then offered the job as a level one due to lack of experience. I used this position as a spring board, gaining much needed skills and real world experience. Great for entry level work, but don't plan on staying long.

Interview Question – Some of the tasks you'll be required to perform are routine and monotonous. How will you deal with such routine tasks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed

Managed Care Representative Interview

Medford, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, then got a call for an interview a couple days later. Interview was well. I got a call the next day saying the position was filled, are you interested in patient registration position. I declined.

Interview Question – What did you learn from your previous job that will benefit you the most in your career choice?   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Research Assistant I
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in January 2014.

Interview Details It took a while to schedule the interview, but it was a very informative experience. I spoke to about 7 people, some of whom were very friendly others who were a bit more terse. They also seemed a little miffed about the idea of me applying for grad school in a few years. In the end they decided they wanted someone with more technical experience.

Interview Question – The answer (not the question) threw me on this one. "Why do you hope to do working here"
I gave an answer about how I enjoyed the research they were doing, and how I wanted to contribute. I also said it would be nice to start to make a dent in my college loans. His answer "Well, that's not a good plan. Boston's an expensive place to live and we don't pay much."
  View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in November 2012.

Interview Details Initially, I was asked to provide a reference letter and then I was asked for an interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, and included 30-40 minutes first with the Principal Investigator (hiring manager). Then, I was interviewed by the person I would be replacing. Lastly, I met the rest of the team and had a tour of the lab/offices.

Interview Question – Do you feel you are able to do this job and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer verbally to the PI. However, I was told that HR still needed to check my references and review my CV as well as do a background check, check graduation from University and last employment. So It was about 3 weeks after accepting offer that I received an official letter of employment.

Research Tech Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in May 2012.

Interview Details One phone screening, one in-person interview.

Interview Question – All pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician

I applied in-person and interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details The interview process was straightforward but somewhat lengthy-- a brief meeting with the lab director and a tour was followed by several meetings with different groups of lab techs (1-4 people at a time) who each asked similar questions. Understandable enough because the lab is quite busy, but I believe the interview took about two hours. Great work environment, though; everyone was very friendly throughout the process. Despite trying to get in touch with the director, I didn't hear back about the position until about six weeks later (though I'm sure if I'd been hired it would have been sooner).

Interview Question – Questions were pretty standard, but I was also asked about past lab experience, familiarity with specific tests, etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brigham and Women's Hospital

Worked for Brigham and Women's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brigham and Women's Hospital interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Brigham and Women's Hospital employees and interview candidates.