Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions

3.5

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Phone Interview then Individual Interview with the team

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2010.

I was contacted by a head hunter, who found my resume at some online portal(don't know where exactly). He sent my resume to the hiring manager, who liked it and scheduled a phone interview. Basic questions from my resume, job experience, PERL questions(data structures mostly), UNIX questions, design management tool experience were asked. It was a IT position, along with CAD, vlsi design experience,with design sync server experience. Then I went in for an onsite, which was scheduled for 1 day, but the panel liked my resume for another CAD position, so they let me stay over for another day for the CAD interview.

Panel interview for 2 consecutive days was extremely exhaustive. But overall it went good.

I had 6 rounds on DAY 1. Each person asked me 1 common question: about how to set up a CAD project, using design Sync server in a multi-site environment? I assume they have this issue going on, and need someone to work on that.
    Simulation related - Spectre, Spice, Ultrasim
    Customer related- how would you approach if someone comes and tells u, that his design is not working, and does not give you any more information?
    parasitic extraction -> how does the Assura engine work?
    perl, TCL scripting -> What have you done?
    Draw the cross sectional view of a CMOS

Detailed questions from my resume

Interview Questions
    • CAD tools related questions, design, simulation, front and back end tools   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2009.

Phone screen than in person interview with 5 people.
    People were professional and courteous.

The initial offer was take it or leave it which it was not.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arizona City, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arizona City, AZ (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2009.

Had 4 - 5 1:1: interview with the engineering team. Fundamental questions in engineering. Circuit design/Device level as i was shooting for layout engineering position. Everyone seemed to like working for broadcomm.

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Test on my understanding on basic circuit structure and theories.
    Typical questions on circuit transfer functions, noise, distortion (linearity), design choice and rational, frequency compensation (different approaches to stabilizing a two-pole system).
    Test for my arguments for choosing a particular circuit topology.
    Ask my previous project experiences, including the motivation and features of different projects.

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

The interview consisted of a talk and a test. I did not pass the test so there was no second interview. If I had passed the second interview and test, I would have been flown to California for a third and final interview before a decision was made about whether to hire me or not. If I had been offered the job, I would have been forced to work a six-day week.

Interview Questions
    • Why is common collector configuration not used for amplifier?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Just a typical interview one would have with any other companies. Five or six interviewers. All about technical questions. Most of the questions are about basics. Nothing fancy or tricky. Questions cover a wide range of topics, from transistor model, circuit, to system level as well as a little bit on the DSP side.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in October 2008.

Thourough and exhaustive. Folks were very knowledgeable in all aspects of the job requirement fields and one has to be thorough and well prepared to address deep and detailed questions and and answer questions in what-if scenarios. Many process based questions as well to ensure one will fit well within the organization.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2008.

For the first time, phone interview by the HR recruiter for about haft an hour. After pass the HR interview the hire manager will call and interview again on the phone to see if the candidate fix for the job. If the second phone call pass then the HR will set up for in person interview with the group for another 4 people in the group.