Brocade Communications

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Statistical Forecasting Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details I applied online and got a 30 miniutes phone interview. The questions focus on time series and forecasting methods.

Interview Question – what method of statistical forecasting do you ues?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in November 2012.

Interview Details Usually, recruiter contacts you for a mtching position. If the skill set matches, the phone interview happens for initial screeningfor 20-30 minutes. Once that goes fine, you are called for an onsite interview which is quite detailed and thorough. It is 4-5 hours process in which 4- 5 come one by one and ask you technical questions related to the requirement.

Interview Question – In my case, it was QA job in server load balancing in L4-L7 area, so many questions were asked about the TCP/IP stack.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in September 2012.

Interview Details excellent -- organized and responsive

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Business Systems Analyst Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in December 2010.

Interview Details Straight forward, quick and efficient.

Interview Question – Not as such.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low balled me and countered but did not get much out of the negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview then in office interview with 3 of the managers. Overall an excellent interview process. Each of the 3 managers I interviewed with were extremely respectful and genuinely interested in learning about me rather than pressing me to see if I will crumble under pressure. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Question – Know your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2008.

Interview Details Found out about the company at a career fair and gave my resume to the on-site recruiter. Was contacted a couple of months later by another recruiter, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then invited to a several hour long on-site interview with extended team and director. Received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question - "How would you feel about finishing in last place after you just finished a marathon?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you are happy with your starting base pay as it not likely to change very much unless you are promoted.

Systems Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2008.

Interview Details Met with 5 people, very technical interviews.

Interview Question – Asked questions in a field so new that nobody would know the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward.

Senior Manager, Advertising Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brocade Communications in August 2012.

Interview Details Process moved very quickly. Initial phone interview lasted about 25 minutes, then I was scheduled to meet with the Director of Adv/Media, Brand manager, and the Sr. Director within 4 days. Each interview lasted 45 minutes. Second round of interviews occurred 3 days later with the Mktg CMO and lasted 45 minutes. Campus is beautiful, people were very friendly and kind, organized, and interviews were insightful. Waiting for written offer.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Went over skill set, expectations, challenges within company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – has not occurred yet

Business Systems Analyst Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2012.

Interview Details This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. While the staff was nice enough in person, scheduling the interview and the aftermath was extremely frustrating. It took months of follow-up to finally get the interview after the initial phone screening. A lot of it stemmed from the hiring manager taking his sweet time about finally scheduling a date for me to come in a meet the team. I had considered the lead dead after they hadn't returned my calls (or emails) for over a month when a second recruiter called me and asked me to finally come in for my interview. It lasted for 2 hours and I met with 3 out of 4 team members who I was scheduled to talk with. The 4th person didn't even bother to show up, nor let the other team members know that. The interviewers talked for most of it and rarely asked me anything about myself. The only time I spoke of my experience was when I thought it was necessary to relate to the conversation.

Overall, I though the interview itself went well and the hiring manager even walked me out. He said that the next step would be to follow up with the recruiter in a week. The rest of the experience went as follows:

Contacted recruiter exactly one week after the interview
Recruiter said they weren't ready yet and it would be a few days
I followed up one week from them
Same story
The third time around, the recruiter seemed a bit annoyed and told me that she would definitely let me know if there was any news
I wanted patiently for exactly 30 days before I contacted her again
The recruiter said the job had been put on hold

So...that's it? The job was put on hold after all that? Come on. The least they could've done was send out a mass email to all the people who applied and essentially wasted hours of time from the Brocade managers and myself. Brocade, you need to do a better job. I have such a poor taste from this company from this experience and if I ever find myself as a potential customer of yours I will not consider your business.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details Responded to listing back in early June. Received automated thank you. Did not hear anything until July. Recruiter called to say liked my resume, set up call with hiring manager. Manager started off the conversation by letting me know why it was so long until they reached out. They had done full first round of interviews, but no ideal candidates came out of that, so they went back to resumes again - and I am first one they called out of that batch. I really appreciated knowing this off the bat. Going in for formal interviews.

Interview Question – Hiring Manager did most of the talking, so nothing too difficult yet   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brocade Communications

Worked for Brocade Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brocade Communications interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brocade Communications employees and interview candidates.