Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Brown & Brown Insurance
- Account Manager (3)
- Intern (3)
- Marketing (2)
- Insurance Producer (2)
- Internship (1)
- Client Services (1)
- Assistant Account Manager (1)
- Benefits Consultant (1)
- Sales (1)
- Producer (1)
- Receptionist (1)
- Customer Service Support (1)
- Accounting Leader (1)
- Internal Operations Analyst (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.
The first thing they do ask you to do is fill out an application once you arrive.
After they take you into a conference room to interview you.
From there I spoke to 2 people.
It was very easy going , and simple. It was more like a conversation than an interview.
- How well do you take pressure? Answer Question
It is a pretty straight forward interview process with standard interview type questions, they have a 3 stage interview process. The first interview is over the phone where they ask a few questions and have you fill out a personality test online. If you do well on the personality test your asked to come in for a face to face. The third interview consists of meeting with department heads and regional vice president to determine if you are a good fit for the company.
- Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations for a client. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Syracuse, NY (US)) in January 2015.
The interview process was a great experience. Interviewed with several department managers and producers. Started early in the day and lasted till lunch time. Very fast paced work culture driven by self starters and people who are motivated to succeed. Overall a great learning experience that will hopefully lead to a career in the near future.
- What is your story? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Indianapolis, IN (US)).
We were part of an acquisition, so it involved a personality test, meeting with our new boss and meeting some of the team. i met with the existing VP HR, and the PCL of the office. We talked about my current role and responsbilities and the culture of their office
- where i wanted to be in 5 years Answer Question
offer, accept. it was acquisition so it kept my current income almost the same
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Orange, CA (US)) in May 2014.
Interviewed with the office manager. Was asked multiple questions about proficiency, coverage knowledge, insurance background, short term and long term goals, past agency experience, educational goals, claims experience, a lot of questions that they needed to know that they wanted me to answer. Interview went forever.
- What is your long term goal here within the company Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Orlando, FL (US)) in April 2014.
The process begun with a techical test at an external recruiter, and an Interview. This process took 3 hours in total. After this the recruiter approved me and set me up for and Interview at the offices with a Manager and a Supervisor. There were 2 postions available and 2 candidates available, me and another person. There I answered all questions for about 20 minutes. It was a very informal intervew, curiosly at the end of the interview I had a tour over the office, and asked what I tought about it. I gave my review and was asked to complete a test via online.
After completing the test at home according to the job oppening, I didn´t recieved any news. I decided to call the recruiter 4 days later, she told me they decided to pursue other candidates. I was told that they were impressed by my skills, my test, experience, my education and that I did a very good interview, but she actually didn´t knew why they didn´t choose me.
In was very situation based. They want to make sure you have the intentions of becoming a CSR or Broker within two years. They are looking to see if you are prime candidate to be molded into their type of an employee which will make you successful. The personality test that they make you take will be a big factor.
- Tell me a time when you attempted something, but failed. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Houston, TX (US)).
My first meeting with the company was a casual meet and greet because I knew someone who knew someone who worked there. At that time the company did not have a position available for me. They advised that they would hold onto my resume and call as soon as something opened up they would call. About a year later I received a call from the PCL and we met up for lunch. After my initial meeting I was asked into the office to meet with the department manager. Then my final meeting consisted of a knowledge test and then a visit with the person with whom I would be replacing. Within 24 hours I was contacted by the PCL with an offer.
- I don't feel as though there were any difficult questions. I believe I was the one who asked more questions about the company. 1 Answer
There was no real room to negotiate. I believe I was offered the most for the position.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2013.
The whole hiring process took several months. I interviewed with every department head. They took their precious time, but I think that since every profit center is independent (for the most part) they wanted to make sure I was a good fit for them.
- Nothing unexpected Answer Question
I did not negotiate very much, but recieved terms that were agreeable in the first place.
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.
Interview process is very simple for accounting because the company needs so many of them. They are constantly making new acquisitions and piling the work onto the current accountants. very easy process it was basically two stages and each stage was with the senior management. They basically want to see if your personality fits the company. They do not even ask a great deal of accounting questions because they base your skills of your resume.
- The typical mumbo jumbo... example: what are your strength and weaknesses. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Pay was subpar
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review