Brown & Brown Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Assistant Account Manager
Orange, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed with the office manager. Was asked multiple questions about proficiency, coverage knowledge, insurance background, short term and long term goals, past agency experience, educational goals, claims experience, a lot of questions that they needed to know that they wanted me to answer. Interview went forever.

Interview Question – What is your long term goal here within the company   Answer Question

Benefits Consultant Interview

Benefits Consultant
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details We were part of an acquisition, so it involved a personality test, meeting with our new boss and meeting some of the team. i met with the existing VP HR, and the PCL of the office. We talked about my current role and responsbilities and the culture of their office

Interview Question – where i wanted to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer, accept. it was acquisition so it kept my current income almost the same

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2014.

Interview Details The process begun with a techical test at an external recruiter, and an Interview. This process took 3 hours in total. After this the recruiter approved me and set me up for and Interview at the offices with a Manager and a Supervisor. There were 2 postions available and 2 candidates available, me and another person. There I answered all questions for about 20 minutes. It was a very informal intervew, curiosly at the end of the interview I had a tour over the office, and asked what I tought about it. I gave my review and was asked to complete a test via online.
After completing the test at home according to the job oppening, I didn´t recieved any news. I decided to call the recruiter 4 days later, she told me they decided to pursue other candidates. I was told that they were impressed by my skills, my test, experience, my education and that I did a very good interview, but she actually didn´t knew why they didn´t choose me.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in January 2010.

Interview Details The interview was very thorough in that I was able to meet with different heads of departments and people I would work with.

Interview Question – All of the interview questions were standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Salary was take it or leave it.

Internal Operations Analyst Interview

Internal Operations Analyst

Interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance

Interview Details In was very situation based. They want to make sure you have the intentions of becoming a CSR or Broker within two years. They are looking to see if you are prime candidate to be molded into their type of an employee which will make you successful. The personality test that they make you take will be a big factor.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you attempted something, but failed.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details My first meeting with the company was a casual meet and greet because I knew someone who knew someone who worked there. At that time the company did not have a position available for me. They advised that they would hold onto my resume and call as soon as something opened up they would call. About a year later I received a call from the PCL and we met up for lunch. After my initial meeting I was asked into the office to meet with the department manager. Then my final meeting consisted of a knowledge test and then a visit with the person with whom I would be replacing. Within 24 hours I was contacted by the PCL with an offer.

Interview Question – I don't feel as though there were any difficult questions. I believe I was the one who asked more questions about the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real room to negotiate. I believe I was offered the most for the position.

Accounting Leader Interview

Accounting Leader

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details Interview process is very simple for accounting because the company needs so many of them. They are constantly making new acquisitions and piling the work onto the current accountants. very easy process it was basically two stages and each stage was with the senior management. They basically want to see if your personality fits the company. They do not even ask a great deal of accounting questions because they base your skills of your resume.

Interview Question – The typical mumbo jumbo... example: what are your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was subpar

Client Services Interview

Client Services

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2009.

Interview Details Hired through a series of 2 interviews.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details I met with a total of three people and the interview process took about an hour. A lot of questions were put forth on both sides but the interview was generally relaxed and positive. I felt very good about the organization at that point.

Interview Question – Would my former employers re-hire me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it but it was a fair offer

Account Manager

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details Standard interviewing process - resume, phone interview, then in person interview. Hiring manager asked for personality profile checking on fit for position. Lots of discussion,questions regarding work to be done and experience in the industry with focus on the computer skills and speed needed to do work quickly

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brown & Brown Insurance

Worked for Brown & Brown Insurance? Contribute to the Community!