Brown & Brown Insurance

Updated 28 Jun 2014
Updated 28 Jun 2014

2.1

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

We were part of an acquisition, so it involved a personality test, meeting with our new boss and meeting some of the team. i met with the existing VP HR, and the PCL of the office. We talked about my current role and responsbilities and the culture of their office

Interview Questions
    offer, accept. it was acquisition so it kept my current income almost the same

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in May 2014.

Interviewed with the office manager. Was asked multiple questions about proficiency, coverage knowledge, insurance background, short term and long term goals, past agency experience, educational goals, claims experience, a lot of questions that they needed to know that they wanted me to answer. Interview went forever.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2014.

The process begun with a techical test at an external recruiter, and an Interview. This process took 3 hours in total. After this the recruiter approved me and set me up for and Interview at the offices with a Manager and a Supervisor. There were 2 postions available and 2 candidates available, me and another person. There I answered all questions for about 20 minutes. It was a very informal intervew, curiosly at the end of the interview I had a tour over the office, and asked what I tought about it. I gave my review and was asked to complete a test via online.
    After completing the test at home according to the job oppening, I didn´t recieved any news. I decided to call the recruiter 4 days later, she told me they decided to pursue other candidates. I was told that they were impressed by my skills, my test, experience, my education and that I did a very good interview, but she actually didn´t knew why they didn´t choose me.

Internal Operations Analyst Interview

In was very situation based. They want to make sure you have the intentions of becoming a CSR or Broker within two years. They are looking to see if you are prime candidate to be molded into their type of an employee which will make you successful. The personality test that they make you take will be a big factor.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you attempted something, but failed.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

My first meeting with the company was a casual meet and greet because I knew someone who knew someone who worked there. At that time the company did not have a position available for me. They advised that they would hold onto my resume and call as soon as something opened up they would call. About a year later I received a call from the PCL and we met up for lunch. After my initial meeting I was asked into the office to meet with the department manager. Then my final meeting consisted of a knowledge test and then a visit with the person with whom I would be replacing. Within 24 hours I was contacted by the PCL with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't feel as though there were any difficult questions. I believe I was the one who asked more questions about the company.   View Answer
    There was no real room to negotiate. I believe I was offered the most for the position.

Accounting Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview process is very simple for accounting because the company needs so many of them. They are constantly making new acquisitions and piling the work onto the current accountants. very easy process it was basically two stages and each stage was with the senior management. They basically want to see if your personality fits the company. They do not even ask a great deal of accounting questions because they base your skills of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • The typical mumbo jumbo... example: what are your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Pay was subpar

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

I met with a total of three people and the interview process took about an hour. A lot of questions were put forth on both sides but the interview was generally relaxed and positive. I felt very good about the organization at that point.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it but it was a fair offer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Standard interviewing process - resume, phone interview, then in person interview. Hiring manager asked for personality profile checking on fit for position. Lots of discussion,questions regarding work to be done and experience in the industry with focus on the computer skills and speed needed to do work quickly

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in January 2011.

The hiring process took over two months due to the fact that the boss was too busy to deal with interns. I went after the job with a head of steam and it still took them two months before I was hired as an intern.

Interview Questions
    Have basic knowledge of the insurance industry.

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2010.

First Interview was positive, but second gave me the impression there was no interest in hiring me. Required to take an online assessment that seemed a bit like a Meyers/Briggs assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Worked for Brown & Brown Insurance? Contribute to the Community!