CDW

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2014.

Very good process overall. Lined up a variety of people for me to interview with, and just talk to about CDW and it's culture. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The cultural fit for an potential employee is critical and a lot of the interviewers are asking questions to understand how you approach issues, deal with colleagues, and work as a team (everyone is referred to as a co-worker at CDW, not an 'employee'). Successful applicants need to be able to demonstrate they have the entrepreneurial spirit seen in smaller companies but can appreciate the dynamics of working in a Fortune 500 (265) company. The talent acquisition specialist at CDW was great at keeping me informed throughout the process and checking in at key points. The only improvement they should make is to reduce the time it took to receive an offer after final interview. While I knew an offer was being prepared, the process was very drawn out and would run the risk of a candidate being lost to another employer.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions in themselves. However, the focus isn't just on what you achieved but on how you achieved it. The company is looking for evidence that people can work openly and collaboratively, and leave their egos at the door.   Answer Question

Team Lead Mailroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in February 2014.

Co-worker services will call to schedule a phone interview and if your phone interview is good it will be submitted to the interview manager of the department that you are applying.

Interview Questions
    • Situations given by the interviewer that you should answer to the best of your knowledge and some microsoft applications like word. spreadsheet, excel.   View Answer

Configuration Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

The process began with a technician hiring representative. Then, it escalated to a second interview with one of the technical dept. manager/supervisor. The experience, at that time, was very cordial.

Interview Questions
    • It has been many years. I don't remember any specific question. However, they were, probably, typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It appears everyone started at the same rate with no experience.

Bid Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Environment was very friendly, CDW is definitely family oriented. They ask questions to help determine a persons personality. I would say CDW is probably one of my favorite interviews.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in October 2013.

The interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very knowledgable and pleasant to talk with. She answered all my questions and provided me with information about the position, departmental structure and company philosophy.
    Approx. a week after the phone interview I was called in for a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager & Supervisor. Each interview went for about 45 minutes and was very productive. Both people were easy to talk to and asked very engaging questions about my experience and how I could use that to help CDW meet it's goals. They were also very forthcoming with information about the position and the company as a whole. A week after this interview I was called in for an interview with the Director. This was also a very productive interview. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone and all my questions were answered. Two days after this interview I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How does your company calculate standard costs and how often are they updated?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in September 2013.

Initial communications were detailed and professional. I worked with a recruiter which facilitated most of the exchanges. The communications were very welcoming and seemed to anticipate the interview as well as hopeful of a positive outcome. The interview process was well organized and interviewers were focused, prepared, and well engaged in our conversation. I met with the appropriate individuals given my level and the Company provided numerous different interviewers in different departments to also allow me to gain differing perspectives from different finance groups.

Interview Questions
    • I found no questions particularly unusual or difficult.   Answer Question
    My recruiter handled the negotiations and the Company offered me everything I asked for on the first round which both myself and my recruiter were thoroughly impressed by. CDW did not seem to want to nickel and dime the compensation package but rather demonstrate their investment into their employees by offering a fair package that I requested.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in October 2011.

Applied on CDW's website, received a phone call the next day from CDW's recruiter. Consisted of a brief phone interview, basically screening me to see if I'd be a good fit for the position. Went into CDW the next day for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and an associate. Was very laid back. Both parties seemed very nice and knew what they were looking for. Received a phone call two hours later extending an offer. Was honestly the quickest interview process I've ever been through. The recruiter even said that this was extremely fast and was very surprised how quickly it went.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had to defend a decision you made?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to persuade someone to see things your way?   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer so didn't feel it necessary to negotiate.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2011.

Long process, had 4 different interviews. First had a phone interview with a recruiter, then met with the department manager that I would be working for, then had a panel interview with several other managers that I'd be working with and finally a meeting with the Department Director.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a problem and the symptoms were the cause of the problem?   View Answer
    Yes, ask for what you want.

Program Manager, Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CDW in February 2011.

The process up to meeting with the hiring supervisor went pretty smoothly. An HR phone interview and then I met with the team in person, which also went well. When I showed up for the F2F meeting, the hiring director was in the wrong location (downtown while I was in the suburbs). Took a while to reschedule due to her schedule and when we finally met, it did not go well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would go about putting together a Marketing Strategy given that you've never worked in the industry?   Answer Question

Solutions Manager Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CDW in January 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews and five face to face meetings. Two with the hiring manager and three with members of the hiring manager's team. The people who I met with were professional. The work environment very energetic. The only challenge I had was that there seemed to be some confusion about the type of candidate they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think you have strong enough technical background to do this job. Am I correct? (This after I was told by the HR representative and the hiring manager that a technical background was not what the position required.)   Answer Question

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!