CEB Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.9

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

The interview process contains a skill test, often followed by two rounds of interview (can be three in some cases). The skill test contains one excel assignment, and a research document that you'll have to summarize. The first interview would usually be with someone from the HR department. They would basically ask a few questions around your resume. On qualifying, the second round would be with a member of your team based in the local office. This would be a technical round where you can expect a few domain specific questions. Folks applying for quant profiles can expect some excel related questions. This is followed by either an in-person or a telephonic interview (depending on the location of your team's senior leadership) with a senior member of the global team. This is usually a 45 minute interview, and one can expect a few questions around previous work-experience, a few guesstimates and case questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly simple. I think I messed up one of the guesstimates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB in September 2014.

Interview consisted of 4 rounds:-
    1) Communications Round- they will check your communication skills.
    2) Written test- checking of your written ability
    3) Technical/coding Test- HTML,CSS,Core Java, JSP etc.
    4) Personal Interview- One of the senior will have a word with you and also ask some technical and tricky questions.

Interview Questions
    • Writing a simple code in C++ of adding 2 numbers but the value should not be in numericals.   View Answer

Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CEB in May 2014.

Scheduled discussion on a Walk-in Interview day. First round of discussion was with Chief technologist and subsequent round was with a Director who never cared about the candidate. Interviwers were never paying any attention (One question was repeated 4 times through out the discussion). The director was stepping out of 20 mins discussion at least 6 times, in addition to the frequent interruptions.

Interview Questions

Based on my experience during the interview, I was not really interested to take up the position. I didn't see the human touch more like a Robotic work culture

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB in January 2014.

round 1 -oral communication skills test
    round 2 - written communication skills test
    round 3- technical test
    round 4- final hr round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

First Round is with HR basically testing your communication skills and your spoken English.
    Second Round is a written assignment based on the profile you have applied for.
    Third and final round is an interview with senior directors and your manager. A mix of case studies and competency based questions.

2 Weeks

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

The interview process is very long. HR took 2 months to communicate the final offer. However, the interviews were of medium-easy difficulty. They pay a lot of emphasis on communication and writing skills, and the process consisted of 2 written rounds apart from 3 interviews.There was one HR round (very basic), one technical round which consisted of a case study and a detailed discussion about my internship project and other projects, and a manager round which was quite general.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you tricky Excel based questions and case studies if you are applying for a Quant based role (and even for Research roles)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at CEB.

3 step process including - telephonic round, interview with reporting manager and telephonic interview with practice head in a foreign location.

Interview Questions
    • The position is the entry level position, hence not a very elaborate set-up. I was questioned on my creativity and later suggested to a creative person. However, towards the end I was told that the profile offers very little scope of creativity, how would I manage it?   View Answer
    Not much scope of negotiations as the band is fixed. You do get accelerated growth based on your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB in July 2013.

There was one case study that needed to be done a day before the interview.Before the interview all the candidates had to do a written exercise on what parameters does an investment decision in a one of the BRIC country depends on and which is the most favorable country you would vote for?.Then in the interview we discussed this question.This was followed by discussion of the CV, internship, family background etc. Then the interviewer even asked about why you want to pursue this particular role and what are your future plans.The interview lasted for approximately 20-25 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I never expected a family background question though it was not difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB in July 2013.

The interview was for analyst post- IT department. The process involved solving a case study and then interviews. The first interview was with HR practices and it involved simple questions. However, the recruiter sounded un-interested in all the answers and was quite rude. The recruiter was not at all accommodating as far as the case study given at the moment was considered and was intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

The hiring process was fairly smooth and easy for me. It took 21 days in total.

I don't remember exactly, but I guess CEB found my resume on a job search portal. I got a call from a TMT (HR Dept.) journalist telling me about the opportunity for a Web Associate's position. CEB was looking for a person who is well-versed with HTML and first-generation Web technologies. We did not discuss on the compensation part in our initial communication but the way she explained about the company and the job profile, I found that very professional and that gave me a very positive picture about CEB. As I had experience of creating websites so I asked her to process my profile. She scheduled my telephonic interview with a senior manager (based in US) for two days later.

I received the call from US on the exact time as scheduled. He discussed about my background and asked a few technical questions about HTML and other Web related tools and technologies. I was quite confident with my answers. Then he asked me to code a newsletter in HTML from the content he provided in a Word document. I had to submit my work via email within a day's time.

After three days, I received call from TMT journalist again telling that I have cleared the technical round and I need to come to CEB's Gurgaon office for 1-1 interview with TMT.

1-1 interview was nothing but an informal quick chat with TMT and department representative about everything I have done so far. There was nothing technical. It lasted in 30 minutes. The work atmosphere at CEB was very professional and attractive.

Within a week, I received the call confirming my appointment for the position. They offered a package of INR 3,20,000 with several fringe benefits like cab facility, phone, medical reimbursements etc. I was ok with the compensation part, and rather happy with the face of getting Saturday-Sunday as weekend; so I accepted the offer. She sent the formal offer letter with everything clearly stated via email. I send my formal confirmation in my reply.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. It was an easy process for me. I was confident with my work, which I guess helped me to impress the recruiters.   Answer Question