CEB

Getting the Interview

151 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online - interviewed at CEB in December 2012.

Interview Details One Round of written test, Two rounds of Telephonic Interview and two rounds of face to face interview - Case based questions, questions related to professional as well as personal interests, research experience and riddles

Interview Question – How long do you think you ll work? Our company is only secondary research, do you think its interesting enough for you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didnt negotiate.

Intern Interview

Intern
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details round 1 -oral communication skills test
round 2 - written communication skills test
round 3- technical test
round 4- final hr round

Interview Question – case study   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB in July 2013.

Interview Details The interview was for analyst post- IT department. The process involved solving a case study and then interviews. The first interview was with HR practices and it involved simple questions. However, the recruiter sounded un-interested in all the answers and was quite rude. The recruiter was not at all accommodating as far as the case study given at the moment was considered and was intimidating.

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details First Round is with HR basically testing your communication skills and your spoken English.
Second Round is a written assignment based on the profile you have applied for.
Third and final round is an interview with senior directors and your manager. A mix of case studies and competency based questions.

Interview Question – Case Study was tricky but understandable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 Weeks

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CEB in July 2013.

Interview Details There was one case study that needed to be done a day before the interview.Before the interview all the candidates had to do a written exercise on what parameters does an investment decision in a one of the BRIC country depends on and which is the most favorable country you would vote for?.Then in the interview we discussed this question.This was followed by discussion of the CV, internship, family background etc. Then the interviewer even asked about why you want to pursue this particular role and what are your future plans.The interview lasted for approximately 20-25 minutes.

Interview Question – I never expected a family background question though it was not difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details The interview process is very long. HR took 2 months to communicate the final offer. However, the interviews were of medium-easy difficulty. They pay a lot of emphasis on communication and writing skills, and the process consisted of 2 written rounds apart from 3 interviews.There was one HR round (very basic), one technical round which consisted of a case study and a detailed discussion about my internship project and other projects, and a manager round which was quite general.

Interview Question – They may ask you tricky Excel based questions and case studies if you are applying for a Quant based role (and even for Research roles)   View Answer

Web Associate Interview

Web Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details 3 step process including - telephonic round, interview with reporting manager and telephonic interview with practice head in a foreign location.

Interview Question – The position is the entry level position, hence not a very elaborate set-up. I was questioned on my creativity and later suggested to a creative person. However, towards the end I was told that the profile offers very little scope of creativity, how would I manage it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much scope of negotiations as the band is fixed. You do get accelerated growth based on your experience.

Associate Interview

Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in October 2009.

Interview Details It was a simple interview and I was a fresher. More behavioural questions were asked.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Web Associate Interview

Web Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details The hiring process was fairly smooth and easy for me. It took 21 days in total.

I don't remember exactly, but I guess CEB found my resume on a job search portal. I got a call from a TMT (HR Dept.) journalist telling me about the opportunity for a Web Associate's position. CEB was looking for a person who is well-versed with HTML and first-generation Web technologies. We did not discuss on the compensation part in our initial communication but the way she explained about the company and the job profile, I found that very professional and that gave me a very positive picture about CEB. As I had experience of creating websites so I asked her to process my profile. She scheduled my telephonic interview with a senior manager (based in US) for two days later.

I received the call from US on the exact time as scheduled. He discussed about my background and asked a few technical questions about HTML and other Web related tools and technologies. I was quite confident with my answers. Then he asked me to code a newsletter in HTML from the content he provided in a Word document. I had to submit my work via email within a day's time.

After three days, I received call from TMT journalist again telling that I have cleared the technical round and I need to come to CEB's Gurgaon office for 1-1 interview with TMT.

1-1 interview was nothing but an informal quick chat with TMT and department representative about everything I have done so far. There was nothing technical. It lasted in 30 minutes. The work atmosphere at CEB was very professional and attractive.

Within a week, I received the call confirming my appointment for the position. They offered a package of INR 3,20,000 with several fringe benefits like cab facility, phone, medical reimbursements etc. I was ok with the compensation part, and rather happy with the face of getting Saturday-Sunday as weekend; so I accepted the offer. She sent the formal offer letter with everything clearly stated via email. I send my formal confirmation in my reply.

Interview Question – Nothing. It was an easy process for me. I was confident with my work, which I guess helped me to impress the recruiters.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details The Board would review profile as per requirement keeping tag on imagination, ability, pick up, decision making, temperament and manners of the candidate. Team leadership is as old a buzz word as the interview; so the board would choose tricky methods to dig deep into the inner being of the candidate while keeping him at the comfort level.

Interview Question – Why do you want to take this job and that also at ours?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a period of unemployment those days

Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB interview questions and advice. All 151 interview reviews are posted anonymously by CEB employees and interview candidates.