CEB Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I had a written round based on a case study first. After clearing that, had a telephonic interview with the London office. The questions ranged from academics to general knowledge etc.

Interview Questions

• Kept asking about working in teams in past jobs, which I hadn't since I was a fresher.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

The interview process contains a skill test, often followed by two rounds of interview (can be three in some cases). The skill test contains one excel assignment, and a research document that you'll have to summarize. The first interview would usually be with someone from the HR department. They would basically ask a few questions around your resume. On qualifying, the second round would be with a member of your team based in the local office. This would be a technical round where you can expect a few domain specific questions. Folks applying for quant profiles can expect some excel related questions. This is followed by either an in-person or a telephonic interview (depending on the location of your team's senior leadership) with a senior member of the global team. This is usually a 45 minute interview, and one can expect a few questions around previous work-experience, a few guesstimates and case questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly simple. I think I messed up one of the guesstimates.   Answer Question

Web Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted of 4 rounds:-
    1) Communications Round- they will check your communication skills.
    2) Written test- checking of your written ability
    3) Technical/coding Test- HTML,CSS,Core Java, JSP etc.
    4) Personal Interview- One of the senior will have a word with you and also ask some technical and tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Writing a simple code in C++ of adding 2 numbers but the value should not be in numericals.   1 Answer

Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CEB (Chennai) in May 2014.

Interview

Scheduled discussion on a Walk-in Interview day. First round of discussion was with Chief technologist and subsequent round was with a Director who never cared about the candidate. Interviwers were never paying any attention (One question was repeated 4 times through out the discussion). The director was stepping out of 20 mins discussion at least 6 times, in addition to the frequent interruptions.

Interview Questions

• Syntax for JQuery Data binding   1 Answer

Based on my experience during the interview, I was not really interested to take up the position. I didn't see the human touch more like a Robotic work culture

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana) in January 2014.

Interview

round 1 -oral communication skills test
    round 2 - written communication skills test
    round 3- technical test
    round 4- final hr round

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana) in December 2013.

Interview

there was 2 Round of telephonic interview on the technology with project manager and other gorups memeber,
    1 Round Face to Face with .Net Architect,
    and final Hr Round,
    1 Round Face to Face with .Net Architect,
    and final Hr Round

SummerResearch Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB (New Delhi) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted in 2 parts - Part 1: focus was on ability to think through problems - a case was given & I was asked to provide a solution - the interviewer never cared to know the actual answer but was looking mainly at the thinking process. Alongside the case, I was asked some HR questions - interests, hobbies, memorable experiences; Part 2: completely on HR content. I could fathom that the interviewer (a different one) was judging my fit in CEB. I was evaluated on my ability to prepare reports, work in cross-functional environments, and manage multiple priorities.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

First Round is with HR basically testing your communication skills and your spoken English.
    Second Round is a written assignment based on the profile you have applied for.
    Third and final round is an interview with senior directors and your manager. A mix of case studies and competency based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 Weeks

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

The interview process is very long. HR took 2 months to communicate the final offer. However, the interviews were of medium-easy difficulty. They pay a lot of emphasis on communication and writing skills, and the process consisted of 2 written rounds apart from 3 interviews.There was one HR round (very basic), one technical round which consisted of a case study and a detailed discussion about my internship project and other projects, and a manager round which was quite general.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you tricky Excel based questions and case studies if you are applying for a Quant based role (and even for Research roles)   1 Answer

Web Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at CEB (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

3 step process including - telephonic round, interview with reporting manager and telephonic interview with practice head in a foreign location.

Interview Questions

• The position is the entry level position, hence not a very elaborate set-up. I was questioned on my creativity and later suggested to a creative person. However, towards the end I was told that the profile offers very little scope of creativity, how would I manage it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much scope of negotiations as the band is fixed. You do get accelerated growth based on your experience.