CIA Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct 2014
Updated 9 Oct 2014

2.9

Technical Intelligence Officier Interview

Visited the website, fill out the online application, wait 5 months for a real reply,
    request you do a online test (which is stupid for someone currently working in intelligence community at the time with over 30+ years - looking to transfer from Agency to Agency), not told of the results, the application have major flaws and problems that would cause issues for you fill in correctly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions on the test are general, ever travel outside the US? Where and why? Have you ever taken drugs? If so, what kind? etc.....   Answer Question
    • Technical interview questions are, at least for my career field; explain how you would do this or that and why, If you were a leader, how would you handle personnel issues, etc.   Answer Question

National Clandestine Service Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

As expected, the process was long and vague. The interviews were conducted by a HR rep not connected to the NCS. The interview was very probing and it felt as if its goal was to put you out of your comfort zone.

Interview Questions
    • How does your proudest accomplishment negatively affect your personality and lifestyle?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

I applied online and luckily got picked up. They flew me out from CA for a 2 day interview process to include a formal interview, and other screening procedures. I don't recall if I got a conditional offer of employment prior to the screening, or if that's why I was sent to the DC area. But I do remember it took me 18 months after my interview to finally get my official offer and start date. Expect additional interviews during your background investigation. Also, if you know foreign nationals, your security clearance may take a long while.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall. It was one tense 2 hour in person interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered at a certain GS (General Salary) level.

Analyst Interview

On-campus recruiters came to my school; I submitted my resume and was asked to come the next day for an on-campus interview for a science/technology analyst. The 2 female interviewers were nice, but asked challenging questions. Maybe 2 weeks later, I was emailed to take online tests -- a personality one and a timed IQ-type test. I thought that I did well enough on the IQ test, but probably didn't pass the personality test (I have anxiety issues that it asked about). I got a rejection letter in the mail a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What is a science/technology issue currently facing the US, and what would you do to address it?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CIA.

I attended a campus recruiting session and earned a campus interview for the next day. Heard back 2 months later with a call and a COE.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CIA.

Purely behavioral with no technical questions, they just asked stuff about challenges I had faced, how I usually worked with other people.

Notable is that after interviewing you, they need security clearance on you, which would take a long time to complete, which meant you would technically be interviewing for the following summer, because you would not have the clearance in time. I opted not to subject myself to the security clearance

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CIA in February 2014.

After meeting with the recruiter at a career fair, the next day I got an interview. The interview was easy and fun as long as you remained honest (and signed a do express detail clause). After the interview, I applied online for the position and was contacted to complete some tests. The problem with that is the test kept breaking (I could not get a prompt to come up-which was very frustrating) They sent a conditional offer and asked me to come up to DC for a week to do another interview session and testing. SInce I said no, I did not go past that point.

Interview Questions

I did not want to wait a year to start work.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CIA.

after you fill out online application, you receive a survey/personality assessment, then interviews, and background check.

Interview Questions
    • they don't tell you the test is actually timed.   View Answer

Technical Intelligence Officer Interview

Took 9 months between resume submittal and interview.

Core Collector Interview

Standard phone interview followed up by many more steps. A lot of this can not be disclosed due to the security of this job. It is extremely bureaucratic (it is the government after all) and if you are in search of a "quick fill" position this is not it. The average time is 12-18 months for the whole hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much standard behavioral interview questions. Be prepared to do a lot of research and be fully investing in this one position.   Answer Question