CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Fernando, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details I was a friend of a co-worker so it was very easy,it's who you know not your experience

Interview Question – if hired will you still act professional with current co-worker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very easy because I know an employee and just needed a job

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the position online and was called back in less than a week asking for an interview. At the interview, I came 15 minutes early and the interviewer came 15 minutes late. He took me into a back room where he asked me simple questions and he was more focused on personality than experience, considering this was my first job (though I had prior retail volunteer work). He did most of the talking, explaining the overview of the job and what I had to do if I was hired. He asked if I had any questions and said he would call me back soon if he thought I was right for the position after interviewing others. I am waiting to hear back from him now. He was extremely nice and valued the fact that I had an A1 personality.

Interview Question – What do you know about CVS?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details You go onto the website and fill out the application, they will call you for an interview and they just ask you a few questions. Nothing complicated.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2012.

Interview Details As I walked in with my dress shirt and tie I was expecting an interview. However a former employee was the one who took me to meet my new boss. I came up to the register and asked for the interview, instead of an interview I was given the paper work to sign for employment. I did not receive an interview.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I was told because it was my first job I will receive minimum wage.

Winamac, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was very basic. It is a large corporation, so there is no excitement about the process.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I didn't have one. I was told what I would be doing and that was it. For shift I met the Dm and my boss promoted me. But most of the time they ask customer friendly questions, even if you don't you must make them think that customer satification is on the top of your list.

Interview Question – If a customer wants you to help them make the price cheap by other just lowering the price or using non matching coupons is that ok? Because you have to make the customer happy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tried to lowball me to promote but I asked for more we met closer to my number and I was happy.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Applied In fall of 2013 got a called back in January Of 2014.
Came in 10 minutes early waited for thirty minutes, Interview lasted for 15 minutes questions about previous experience and your reactions to certain things. Your thoughts on community Service. It was decent and the employees there are polite.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I applied online, and received a phone call requesting an interview the next day. I went in, we had a short chat, and I received a phone call offering me the job the next morning.

Interview Question – Honestly, I was only asked a couple questions. Strengths, weaknesses, a time I overcame adversity, the usual customer service questions!   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call about a week later, the store manager was really nice but for the interview she had 2 other managers sit there and listen/watch our interview which was a little more nerve racking and uncomfortable. You can get benefits for part time employment as well as full time which I thought was cool. Everyone was really nice, she said she had a couple more interviews for the day and she would call everyone at the end of the day to let us know.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details I applied and and got a call the next day asking me to come in for an interview. It was kind of a joke, really only asked two questions "What do you think CVS is about?" and "What is customer service to you" Then I was asked when I could start.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Cashier interview questions and advice. All 66 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.