CVS Caremark Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
763 interviews

2.2

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

I applied for the Account Manager position twice. The first time I had a phone interview and then moved on to the in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager 1:1. I was then called back for a second interview with two other members of the team. It took over a month to receive a denial email from the recruiter. The second time I applied, which was just a month later, I went through the same process. First was the phone interview with the recruiter (the same recruiter from the first time) and then an in-person interview with two of the hiring managers. They informed me there were 7 available positions for a training class that would start in February 2014. About a week after the in-person interview, I received a call from the recruiter asking for my feedback on how I thought it went. She then told me I was one of their top candidates and asked for my patience as it was going to be a long waiting period before they would announce the job offers. Of course I was thrilled after this call and thought I had a good chance. About three weeks later I received a call from the recruiter letting me know they were no longer considering me for the position (it sounded like she was reading from a script). I was caught off guard by the denial so I later sent an email to the recruiter asking her for feedback as to why I was suddenly removed from the candidate pool. I never received any responses from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The first round of interviews were very informal. Mostly asking about my background and questions as to why I would be a good fit for the job. The second time I interviewed with two managers who read directly from a list of interview questions. They were all situational questions - "name a time when..." None of the questions were particularly hard, but they wanted specific examples for each answer.   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

The interview was very relaxed, and the hiring manager was very friendly. They treated me like a friend right from the start, and were not at all intimidating. I would recommend my friends and family to apply at this company.

Pharmacy Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Our pharmacy school provided an interview day for students interested in an internship. All of the companies who attended were hiring for retail positions. Interviews were 30 minutes long. The usual questions asked involved work experience and previous retail knowledge. I had never worked in a pharmacy before, but I found the interview to go smoothly. I interviewed with a district manager and was asked about SPECIFIC things off of my CV. We were required to submit a resume or CV online when we registered for the interview. I was formerly a member of an athletic team. I was asked about my experience. I chose to describe how I learned how to manage time between academics and athletics. Other questions centered around my personal job history. I discussed how I had learned customer service from my first job in a fast food restaurant. Eventually, my interviewer began to ask what city I would like to work in. This topic led to the what the company expected of CVS interns. For those of you interested in appropriate attire, I would like to note that I did not wear a suit at my interview (I did not own one at the time). I wore a black pencil skirt that reached past my knees. I also wore panty hose with black leather flats (I did not wear heels since I am 6'0"). My top was a solid dark green satin work shirt. I had a small black cardigan on as well. In addition, I brought along copies of my CV for each potential employer (all of them appeared to appreciate this). During my interview, I was openly told to expect a job offer within a month and which store I would most likely be assigned to. CVS was the first of the company's to email out job offers to the students (I accepted the offer because they were the first to contact me). I interviewed in my second year of pharmacy school so that I could secure a job the summer before my third year. I believe I was offered $12/ hour. The hourly pay increases by $1 at the end of August for each year of school you complete. I am in my fourth and last year of school and my pay will increase to $15 at the end of this month (August).

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult in my opinion. Most of the interview centered around my CV. The conversation eventually led to what was expected of an intern.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for pay; however, students could request specific stores or locations. Some requests were accepted, but I also know of some students who were still placed at different stores than the ones requested. I did not request any specific location, but I work at one of the newest stores in the area. I am very happy with the location assigned to me.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2012.

Well, I was initially recruited by a District Manager. I had met him and his wife at a marina restaurant I was working at. They had a boat there at the marina and would come into the restaurant for dinners. After six months of knowing them he then asked me if I wanted to do something different. Given the restaurant was going to be sold shortly I said yes. He then took my information that day and I received a call from the District Manager in the area that I lived in, Since the area he was in was too far for me to drive. She then scheduled an interview with me. My first was with the Store Training manager. It was just a few questions and basically getting to know each other. I was told I basically had the job since I was recruited and they all knew everything they needed to know since I had apparently taken care of most of them at the Marina. Then I had the second interview with the DM who basically just asked to take the drug test and backround check. The whole process took about a month given it was the holidays and some of hr were on vacation. They made me and offer after a month and I took it.

Interview Questions
    • The only question really that they asked me was if I wanted to work in the pharmacy as a technician or as manager.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy for me I got exactly what I wanted especially that they knew my capabilities and that I was worth it.

Pharmacist Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

College recruitment. Very easy process. 1 interview over the phone. Prepare and you would do great . Focus on strengths and have a question handy to ask. Research the company and be relaxed

Cvs

Creative Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

I was pretty excited about this opportunity, even though the online JD was a bit vague. From what I read, I honestly thought I could be a good match for this position. There were a few items they were looking for in candidates where I knew I did not have experience, but I thought I was a really good fit for many of the other expectations. I was contacted via email by corporate HR within about a week of applying. Had a 1/2 hour interview with HR which went smoothly. They could not provide much detail about the position but noted that there would be about 10% travel to Rhode Island required which surprised me, but I was okay with it. I was contacted a few days later via email to schedule an in person interview with two team members. Upon the start of the interview it became very clear that the position posted and the actual role were totally different. I went into this interview believing I had applied for a position that managed a team (a working manager) and it turned out to not be true at all. And 50% of the creative work was PPT which was not once mentioned in the online JD or during the HR interview. Also, no travel needed. All very bizarre. Also, the first person interviewing me had received incorrect information about me from HR and clearly had not reviewed my resume prior to seeing me. The second person who interviewed me immediately asked me questions about where I lived. Clearly a HUGE HR no-no. I know that I did not interview that well for the position because I think I was really off my game after being side-swiped by all the miscommunications and misdirection. I also got a really bad vibe from the whole experience. I'm not sad that I didn't get the job.

Pharmacy Tech Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

I went in my local CVS, requested information as to how to apply, and was directed to CVS/pharmacy's website. You have to do a bit of work to find a specific position opening in a specific store, but once you do, you've already proven that you're willing to do some work in order to be employed with them. The application is very lengthy and elaborate. Take your time and do it right, they don't want canned answers or people who are too lazy to go through the effort of a solid application. If you won't work hard for the application, why should they expect different work ethic? I harassed the store's manager and pharmacy manager in person and via phone 2 or 3 times over the next week to show determination and that I was serious about the position. I got a phone call from the pharmacy manager about a week after I initially applied asking me to come in for an interview the following day. I was so thrilled! I studied up on everything that went into working for CVS Caremark that you could find online--it's important to show specific knowledge of what you'll be doing or else you risk looking like a job hopper. The more dedicated you look, the better. The interview was great, professional but at the same time, it seemed she already knew she wanted to hire me so she relaxed after the first 5 minutes and started explaining to me what all I would need to have before I could accept the position should they choose to move forward with me. At the end of the interview she stated that she had a few other she would be interviewing throughout the week and that she would let me know in three or four days. I was confident about getting the job so I relaxed, let the time pass, and kept my phone near by. Like she said, 3 days later, she called me and stated that she was originally going to hire 2 or 3 others and decided after the 4 interviews that she conducted that I was the only one at the time she cared to offer the position to, so I accepted, of course! I was so excited! She explained that before we could go any further I needed to obtain my pharmacy technician certification. It took about 2 weeks after I sent in the application and fees and all necessary pieces of information, but once I got it, the store's manager began emailing me compliance information and the documents necessary for them to hire me and conduct the background check and drug test. Which, of course, I passed--Don't think you'll be hire to work around prescription medication if you can't pass a drug test.. So they gave my my New Colleague Orientation date, an 8 hour class, and provided me with my lab coat and name tag. Training takes at least 3 months, as it is extensive, but I started at $9.00/hour during training which is in class, online, and on-the-job, so that no matter what kind of learner you are, kenisthetic, visual, or auditory, you get the information down pat. After training, my pay went up to $9.50 immediately. After you've been in the pharmacy for 6 months you can pursue being nationally certified which comes with a pay raise that I am not sure of, but if you are successful in receiving that, you can pursue being state certified which, depending on the state, may be another pay raise. This job is a serious job, with great pay opportunities with due time, and it gives you a great sense of responsibility and importance when you're helping people every single time you have a shift. If you're even considering the option of joining CVS Caremark's employment, stop considering it and DO IT! You won't regret it :)

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate or unruly customer? (Not very difficult, but be honest, it matters.)   View Answer
    Unless you're a pharmacist, they will not likely spend any time trying to negotiate with you. They're providing you the training and tools you need, with no fee, to do the work you applied for. You're starting from the bottom, on their terms, asking for a greater pay-rate, unless you already have extensive experience, is not going to play out well once they've stated their starting pay. Again, those with experience or pharmacists who have already done the schooling are the only ones they'll even consider battling over a hire pay rate for.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

The interview questions were professional and the entire process was impressive. I didn't get the job but it was a great learning experience for future interviews. From application to interview took about 3 weeks. Behavioral based interview questions and a summary of my experiences was the format. The individual that scheduled the interview was through and included all the information I needed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to push back on a fellow employee's request.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2010.

Filled out forms and a questionnaire (to determine personality type). Store manager then pulled up the job application and questionnaire results. Manager looked mostly for previous retail experience and for any red flags brought up by the questionnaire. If everything looked acceptable, the candidate is sent to another store for training / orientation while drug test results were processed.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest impact this company has had on your life? (besides possible employment)   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

I had applied months earlier, and completely forgot about it. Received a call from the store manager asking me if I was still interested and if I wanted to come in for an interview. Showed up to the interview, manager was a little late (wasn't even there) but that was okay. I was asked questions like:

What do you know about CVS?
    What is your schedule like?
    Describe a time your manager reprimanded you?
    What would your previous manager say about you?
    Etc..

Interview went pretty well (I think I personally could have done a lot better,) however I got the job. It was offered towards the end of the interview.
    From there I was sent an e-mail containing the agreements we settled on (pay, scheduling, etc.)
    Had to fill out an online form to either accept or decline the offer. Got another e-mail to fill out tax forms (not sure why they do this online). Never received e-mail about a drug test (I was then told it wasn't required, to my surprise). Then I picked up my papers/forms and started training the next few days.

Overall process was very simple, if applying for the position you should have nothing to worry about.

Also, I had experience in retail, however the manager wasn't interested in that. She just wanted someone with great customer skills.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't okay with the pay they were going to start me at, I spoke up and it was changed to my minimum desired amount which was a great surprise!

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!