CVS Caremark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisor, Applications Develop Interview

Advisor, Applications Develop

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details The process for hiring was really smooth and the HR and Talent acquisition team did a good job. Based on the role I was opting they asked basic questions around them. They stick to an high level knowledge on the requirement and did not ask any low level details of the tools and language. Also mainly the questions were around the job history and the kind of role I was involved in my previous organization

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details Two interviews . The first was a phone interview with a company cvs contracted to do their pre screening. The final interview was with a district manager. However the process has changed since 2012.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard. If you know your numbers from your current position and have done some research on cvs prior to the interview you should be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a salary 1500 dollars higher than my salary at my current employer at the time of the interview.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Cashier Sales Associate
Yukon, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I wasn't actually formally interviewed per say. I walked in one day and the person that rang me up was the store manager himself. He noticed I looked a little down and we talked for a bit. Then the next week my dad and I went up there to get my medication and so we walked around waiting for it when we ran into the store manager and that's when a little impromptu interview happened. I had just quit my job at a doughnut bakery and was looking for another job and I had already sent in an application there as I explained and we talked for at least thirty minutes in the stationary aisle. It was all very amusing actually, being asked serious questions in jeans and t-shirt. I was hired a month later after a little issue that my manager was determined to get fixed and that's really how it happened for me. I was only attempting to achieve the cashier position though, and, as luck would have it, a cashier was leaving to go somewhere else. She still works here sometimes when she has the time though. That's why I think I got the job so easily. Then, about a month ago I called roped into taking a shift manager's shift because she didn't want to work it and the store manager texted me that night saying, "I took a chance with you and I'm glad I did. Thank you so much for you're dedication." I'm a nineteen year old girl whom previously had only worked a month at a bakery and that's it. That's my work history. He sure did take a chance with me, but he's not the only one who's glad.

Interview Question – Nothing you haven't heard before. Plus, I was just trying to get hired to run a register. There are no hard questions about that. All that happened during the interview was me being warned about how our customers like to be hand held through the whole process of shopping here at CVS.   Answer Question

Photo Lab Technician Interview

Photo Lab Technician
Westerville, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2012.

Interview Details Very professional arrived early. Greeted me and made me feel apart of a team. This was not the first store I was at if this review is from North Central Ohio

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Incident Management Interview

Incident Management
Woonsocket, RI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2011.

Interview Details the interview process was straight forward. first the internal recruiter vetted me. then he set up a phone interview with director. then I was invited for face to face. They flew me in and put me up. I spent 1/2 day interviewing. everyone was very nice, and there was time to find my way between buildings.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was given an offer that was lower than desired. I countered with a little above the midline between their offer and my top end. They countered where I was comfortable. this took 2 days.

Belleville, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2011.

Interview Details Very basic interview questions regarding knowledge of the Pharmacy work stations, ex: Drop Off, Pick Up, Production, Verification, and Consultation. The interview was done inside the pharmacy with the PIC (Pharmacist-In-Charge) or "pharmacy manager." Both store and pharmacy managers were very nice and personable.

Interview Question – "What do you think are the responsibilities of each station in the pharmacy?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, I was asked to complete training and pass the Board of Pharmacy test to become a licensed pharm tech (Paid by CVS). During orientation hosted at a CVS training store, the trainer wrote each person's hourly pay on a piece of paper and gave it to them. When the trainer was asked about negotiations she directed everyone to speak to their pharmacy managers about it. Later when I had the chance to ask the manager, I was told that was the most they could offer because of "budgets."

District Administrative Assistant Interview

District Administrative Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Job Postings are listed online and you upload your resume. You get a phone interview from the regional HR Business Partner before you can move on to interview with the District Manager. I was called back twice before I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Very average questions for a District and Scheduling position. Asked about organizational skills, asked about interpersonal skills and communication. Asked about meeting planning since that is an important part of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not there. I wasn't given a raise to get the "promotion"

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details 1 interview with pharmacist with basic interview questions, asked why I was interested in pharmacy and why I chose this company but the training is 16 weeks wish I would have known that before I left my other position.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinnary   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Cashier Sales Associate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through the company website. With in a month, I received a call for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The interview was really easy she asked one question which was "Tell me about yourself?" Then she explained the duties of a cashier and told me I will have to meet with the store manager for a second interview. So the following week, the store manager called me in for a second interview. She asked customer service questions. Once the interview was over, she offered me the position contingent on a background check which came back good.

Interview Question – What makes you a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, she just told me I will be making 9.00 an hour.

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details It wasn't really a lengthy process. I was taken to the back of the store into the break room area and asked a short series of questions by the head pharmacist. It was over within 5-10 minutes and I was offered the job. The head pharmacist saw that I requested $10/hour and countered at $8.50 and explained that that was 50 cents over the normal pay. I wasn't going to argue.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested $10/hr but was offered $8.50, which was 50 cents above the normal starting pay.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!