CVS Health Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated 23 Apr 2015

2.4

CVS Pharmacy Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick. Not so many questions. Just the basics. The manager was nice. I have no experience in supervisor but she loved my personality. So waiting for an answer now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when u help a coworker with their tasks. ( at work )   1 Answer

Cashier At Cvs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health (Fullerton, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The person who hired me at the time was nice and took time to interview me. He first asked a little about myself, then started to ask some questions about the company to see how much i know. Then asked me a few scenario questions.

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health (Anaheim, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I went ahead and applied online, It took about a week to get a phone call. The online application is pretty simple and to the point. I really liked the "virtual try-out" because I believe that gives the employer a good sense of what you are good at and your strong points. Wish more companies did that.

Interview Questions

• He asked me "What is one situation where you were displeased as a CUSTOMER in a retailer?" I was no expecting that question at ALL it came out of left field for me completely.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation, I have been looking for a job since June of last year so I didn't pass this up based on salary, etc.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health (Long Beach, CA (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed twice over the phone and called into five separate interviews. One time the manager did not show up and his assistant "quasi-interviewed" me...not knowing I had an appointment. Two different managers told me the company was under a "reign of terror", that the job was terrible right now and that long term managers were being let go. A fourth manager was only vaguely interested... he asked the same question 3 times... how long I had actually held my last position.

I believe I had a lot to offer CVS. I am sorry that the morale is so low... I can not help that CVS bought the chain you were trained in and that you hate your employer. If things are so bad perhaps you need to have people conduct the interviews who represent your company better.

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health (Anaheim, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I posted my resume on the CVS website and I received a call about 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The first woman I spoke to was very nice and I had to take a quick quiz about basic pharmacy tech stuff such as conversions and translating prescriptions. It was a very casual interview - she just asked me to tell her about myself and we talked about my personality to make sure I was able to handle customer service, then she said that she would submit my resume directly to the stores in her area that were hiring.

I got a call the next week from the pharmacist working in the store that needed a tech and I spoke to her and she just talked to me about the hours and any previous experience I had in a pharmacy and with customer service. She then told me to apply directly to her store and I received the email saying I got the job about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

The interview was very casual but maybe I was just lucky and got a nice interviewer?

Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Orange, CA (US)).

Interview

I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health (Orange, CA (US)).

Interview

Approximately 2 interviews. Must complete online personality type of test and pass in order to get 1st interview.

Interview Questions

• Different scenarios of how you would react to a customer.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Must be personable, adaptive, show leadership experience,.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Woodland Hills, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Nowadays, many companies ask potential candidates to submit resume online. This process is like tossing a rock into a quicksand, and then straining and waiting patiently hoping to hear a splash. As a pharmacist, once you submitted/completed your application online, get some contact information (emails, phone numbers, etc.) to follow-up. This beats playing the waiting game and reduces the chance that your online application was lost in the shuffle.

Interview Questions

• How do you address the issue of understaffing when the pharmacy is already understaffed and your current pharmacy staff repeatedly make the same, careless mistakes and expressed no desire to improve?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reseda, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health (Reseda, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied for Position of Store Manager online. Took assessment. Called and did phone interview.
    They e-mailed and said qualifications looked good and they would pass it along to District Manager.
    That was in December of 2011 and was for the store in Reseda-Studio City, Ca.
    Finally was called again in March of 2012 and they asked if I would work as a "key holder" for $8.00 an hr.
    I couldn't believe it! 25 yrs. experience as a Store Manager/District Manager in Big Box Retail. I clearly
    stated salary range would be 40-5-k. Next day, they sent an email that they were looking at other candidates after I asked them "are you kidding me"? My salary range is 50-55k and have always earned bonuses for performance for exceeding company quotas.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to be a Store Manager.   1 Answer
    • What did your previous store do saleswise?   1 Answer

Offered $8. hr. for a "key holder" position after which I applied for a Store Manager position which is what
    my positions have been. In addition, they wanted me to drive an hour each way to work. I told them that
    it wouldn't even pay for my gas. It was really insulting to ask me to take $8. hr after applying for Store Manager and being told I had all the qualifications necessary and everything looked good. I think that they had already filled this position (if it was ever even open). I wonder if they are even paying any Managers salaries or just hiring former Store Managers for $8. an hr. who are in desperate need of a job.