CVS Health

Updated 3 Nov 2014

2.5

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

You must pass the online screening, which is a virtual job tryout. You can expect a phone interview screen followed by two face to face interviews. The questions are mainly based on behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions
  • Providing details around how you lead people and can manage processes at the same time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2014.

Submitted applied and passed virtual tour assessment. Received a call from a recruiter 4 days later to ask me to fill out another application for another Store Manager position in the area. Recruiter scheduled a phone interview a day later. Phone interview lasted 15 minutes. Current position, salary requirements along with current opening was discussed.
     I honestly thought everything was moving smoothly. They inform you on every step of the process via email which was refreshing.
    I received a phone call from a TSM 2 days later and he scheduled a interview. This is where things hit the fan. I showed up to the interview on time suited and booted. Went to the office, he looked over my information and ask me what I knew about the position. I spoke with him about the job description I applied to along with additional information the recruiter spoke with me about. He told me that I would be a SMT( Store Manager Trainee) after my 12 weeks of training I would move into a Assistant Manager position. And would have to interview again once a Store become available. I would not receive the $55k I asked for more like $33k. He looked at the phone script from the interview I had and it clearly stated the same which was ok'd by the recruiter. I currently make $57k with my current employer in a big box store, why in the heck would I accept that much less to basically run a convenience store with a pharmacy attached. I am shocked at the total waste of time this company have put me through and actually had thought about calling back to be reimbursed for gas. CVS the true bait and switch. They shouldn't post Store Manager positions if they are trying to sucker you in to a Assistant Manager role.

Interview Questions

I applied for one position, they use this position to place you in a lower role with no definite time for promotion. Once a store become available you would have to re-apply for the position. RUN!!!!!!

Store Manager Interview

They will focus more on customer service then anything else since its the main focus as a retailer who wants to differentiate themselves from others. Best thing I would recommend is go into a store and pay attention to how they handle customers.

Interview Questions
    • Same as the first question they will ask you lots about customer service and how to handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Two interviews . The first was a phone interview with a company cvs contracted to do their pre screening. The final interview was with a district manager. However the process has changed since 2012.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard. If you know your numbers from your current position and have done some research on cvs prior to the interview you should be ok.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a salary 1500 dollars higher than my salary at my current employer at the time of the interview.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interviewed with the District Manager one-on-one. We discussed my past work experience to a great extent. I was able to ask many questions about their work environment, store structure, expectations, payroll , etc. Their is a good amount of turnover in this position - if you have experience you need to emphasize it.

Interview Questions
    Get as much $$ as you can upfront front because once your in it much more difficult.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in June 2014.

First off it was an assessment that analyzes the P & L and coaching. I completed that and about a week later I got a email to set up a phone interview. I have gmail and the problem is all their emails for some reason went to my junk/spam. So you should really check your junk/spam with CVS. That interview lasted about only 10 minutes which I thought was strange but it's just a screening call. I was then contacted a week later to set up an interview with the District Manager along side of a season Store Manager. That went well and he told me it would take a week to know something. Guess he really liked me he called me the following day to offer me the job!

Interview Questions
    Wasn't any I had already set my number and it was made. Plus he told me I'll get an extra 8% when I get out of training.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2014.

My position is for a Store Manager-- there is a one year training period for me (I will be considered an "Store Manager Trainee" aka Assistant Manager for around 1 year until I am promoted to Store Manager)

1. Applied online... I suggest a greatly written cover letter! You also have to take a virtual job try-out.
    2. 1 week later: Received a call to schedule a phone interview as well as a interview with a random Store Manager (I scheduled these two for the same day). My in-person interview was similar to the phone interview:
           a. "Tell me about a time...." sort of questions, nothing too difficult but give solid examples
           b. Show a personality... even if your interviewer doesn't smile at all.
           c. Emphasize leadership and customer service (I've held leadership roles so it was easy)
           d. Ask questions! (especially for in-person)
           e. Phone interview: She ended the interview with "what else would you like to tell me about yourself" so be ready to sell yourself!
    3. 1 week later: Received an e-mail to meet with District Manager
           a. Situational questions, give examples, talk about your qualifications and how you'd fit the role
           b. Be prepared to discuss negotiation (give a range... know what is the average in your area)
    4. Few days later: District Manager called with an offer. An email will be sent asking you to accept or decline offer.

Once you Accept: Paperwork (all on-line) took about 3 weeks to process (background check, I-9, etc.). I disliked the slow process! You will also schedule your Drug Test a few hours after you click Accept, and you have about 2 weeks to take it once you choose a location for the drug test.

Once all your paperwork is cleared (mine took 3 weeks and they say it takes 3 days - 3 weeks), you go to an orientation class 9am-5pm before you can start.

Overall, I wish the process was quicker because I was available to start immediately and I had a clean record. This took 2 months from the day I applied to the day I can officially start! Be patient. Follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why do you want to work for CVS?   View Answer
    • 2. Tell me about a time you addressed an issue to your co-workers   View Answer
    • 3. Tell me about a time you improved something   View Answer
    I gave a range ($45,000-$55,000).

I'm recent 2014 graduate with no retail experience but I sold them on my leadership and customer service skills. I was able to get a salary higher than the average...

I am told my salary will increase based on performance.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

Two managers a district manager and regional HR manager meet with you and ask basic interview questions.

Dm called made offer but offer came via internet and that was different than implied. company pays store manager salaries based on 45 hours per week. so your hourly rate will be calculated on this 45 hours not the usual 40. in other words if they offer you a salary of 60 your actual hourly wage will be significantly lower. so technically you make around 25 dollars an hour.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in April 2014.

The process seem to be very lengthy and with no structure. if you don't follow up they will lose your application and never contact you, but will continue to advertise for open positions with no clear time frame while you wait.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer