Caché Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

The company mainly performs job interviews for sales associate. Simple and straightforward, Cache interviews are usually conducted in a one-on-one format, typically with store managers or district managers. Although fairly rare, some applicants may be called back for group interviews, orientation programs, and even undergo probationary periods prior to official hiring.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caché.

Basic interviews with both Store Manager and District Manager. They are very big in clienteling so be prepared to answer questions on how to get customers to open up to you and your selling suggestions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary is asked, do your research and prepare   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caché in February 2014.

I went in to talk to say hi to a friend of mine and he told me that I should apply. A woman (who turned out to be the manager) handed me an application and we just started having casual conversation. I felt very comfortable since I didnt know who she was.

Well I got a call back three or four days later from another manager who asked me to come in for an interview.
    When I got there we sat down and it was very pleasant. She asked me about my experiences. She also explained several aspects of the job and asked how comfortable i felt doing tasks that needed to be done (i.e asking for credit cards and cleaning up).

After I was done with the interview, she asked me to stay for an hour so she can observe my interaction with customers. Then finally, I was asked to pick out several outfits so they can sense my fashion style.
    After all of that, she asked me for my references and that was that.
     Just remember, They WILL call your references and you need at least (2)

Interview Questions
    • there was a part when we did a mock session and I didnt know where the clothes were so that was bit stressful   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. what they offered me was awesome.

Technical Design Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Caché.

Pretty fast. One interview, I got he job. In the interview, I took a fit test. Showed my tech packs.

Sales Associate Interview

THREE DIFFERENT MANAGERS. The first manager asked typical interview questions. The second one really provided information about the job. The third manager was the district manager and she asked typical interview questions. But, by the time you were interviewed by the third manager, you were pretty much in. She just wanted to get to know you.

No negotiation.

Full-time Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Caché.

First off, the District Manager called me to tell me that she wanted to meet with me but did not tell me where (this was a couple of days before the scheduled interview date). The day of the interview arrives. I arrive to the city where I was supposed to be interviewing with no clue as to where exactly I would be meeting the manager. She finally calls 20 minutes before the interview to tell me to meet her at a restaurant. I arrive at the restaurant and she begins to babble....and I mean BABBLE -- telling me how unorganized and unprepared she is and that the store needs to be fully staffed within the next 2 weeks and that I was her FIRST interview!!! She proceeded to tell me that the management positions needed to be filled in 2 days but that she did not have many prospects for either of the new store's positions. The position was projected to be seasonal (summer through November) because of the location which meant no definite, long term job status . She refused to discuss salary with me but proceeded to tell me that the dress code was limited to JUST Cache clothing which, she stated, were quite "pricey". How do you expect employees of an NSO to be able to purchase your pricey products before the store opens? I'm sure that I will receive an offer but will gladly decline. This entire interview was a joke to me and really scarred my perspective of Cache entirely.

Interview Questions

I will decline this offer because of seasonal employment, lack of organization, and lack of professionalism from the District Manager that I interviewed with.

Co Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caché.

Interview process very easy,relaxed,personal yet professional. Must know sales numbers,proven sales record,loss prevention % and be an excellent recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult really. If you have retail management experience it will be a easy interview for sure. One typical question is how do you promote and achieve sales goals.   View Answer
    not very flexible . This company does not pay nearly what you would think it would . They mislead all associates buy making it sound like the commission will make up the difference in low hrly pay..false and not very ethical.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Caché in April 2010.

I interviewed with the store manager for sales in 06 and she was straight to the point, blunt, and direct and I loved it. We worked well together and even though she left the company a long time ago we remain friends. I've had promotion interviews which were more difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you've encountered at a previous workplace and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate my sales associate pay. When I got promoted to co manager the acting AZ DM underpaid me but when my DM came back I got my raise

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Caché in March 2010.

Was recruited by a management member of the location I became store manager of, while on the sales floor of my current job. I received a cold call a couple of weeks later. The management member stated that she identified me as a great candidate to work with the company and asked if I would like to learn more by speaking with the district manager. I set up a phone interview, was invited to a one on one interview, they made a load of promises, which, after I accepted the position became apparent that all was forgotten.

Interview Questions
    • Standard. "Tell me about a time where you resolved a conflict with or between coworkers."   Answer Question
    • Also standard. "Tell me about a time when you had several difficult assignments due within a short period of time. How were you able to meet your deadline, if you did meet your deadline."   Answer Question
    It took me over a month to accept the offer. I was happy where I was and this company will not hesitate to offer more money to pique your interest. Just be extra cautious in considering their offer. Secret shop your location, speak with current and former associates of the company, and most importantly, current and former associates who have worked for your new potential boss.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Caché in March 2011.

This is a commission-based environment, so every question that I was asked focused on how well I could sell and how those sales were tracked. I've worked in retail for about nine years, but only one year of my experience was based on commission. To the hiring manager, none of my other retail experience was relevant, except that single commission-based year. Sales are tracked in ten different categories. You are expected to ask EVERY customer to open a Cache account, and the hiring manager admitted that they are very difficult to get customers to open. Dress code is head to toe Cache, with the exception of black. So, if you don't have a lot of black or Cache apparel in your wardrobe, except to spend most of your paycheck on clothing. The two people that I had contact with were very pleasant. Overall, it was an okay interview experience; I just didn't have enough commission-based selling experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Caché? Contribute to the Community!