Cadence Design Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
New Delhi

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details Good quality question.
Interviewer was to much conservative to accept the innovation or learning opportunities.

Interview Questions

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
New Delhi

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2009.

Interview Details There was a panel of interviewers from different groups. They asked difficult questions about C/C++, data-structures.

Interview Question – Find the nth smallest element in binary tree.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Question – Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2010.

Interview Details Search in Trie data structure, some array qs, searching & sorting, puzzles - bridge crossing, Puzzle - probability based. Lot of C++ questions in details as I was interviewed for C++ developer position.

Interview Question – Puzzle - probability based   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was arrogant and rude. No negotiation.

IC Design Interview

IC Design

Interviewed at Cadence Design Systems

Interview Details Hiring managers called to discuss position responsibility, business, company, and asked for related job experiences. On-site interview was set up with the whole group. Good discussion and well-experienced engineers.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Senior Verification Engineer
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
General resume questions
OVM/UVM basic questions
How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Interview Question – nothing specific   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Interview Question – Nothing much, what do you hope to get from the job   Answer Question

Automation Intern Interview

Automation Intern
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. Next was scheduled for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Question – Mostly on my previous experience and skillset. nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details Technical test and interview about ID design flow