Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

69 interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2010.

Good quality question.
    Interviewer was to much conservative to accept the innovation or learning opportunities.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2009.

There was a panel of interviewers from different groups. They asked difficult questions about C/C++, data-structures.

I didn't negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2014.

E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2010.

Search in Trie data structure, some array qs, searching & sorting, puzzles - bridge crossing, Puzzle - probability based. Lot of C++ questions in details as I was interviewed for C++ developer position.

Interview Questions
    HR was arrogant and rude. No negotiation.

IC Design Interview

Hiring managers called to discuss position responsibility, business, company, and asked for related job experiences. On-site interview was set up with the whole group. Good discussion and well-experienced engineers.

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2014.

Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
    General resume questions
    OVM/UVM basic questions
    How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
    MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Automation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2013.

Applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. Next was scheduled for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly on my previous experience and skillset. nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pudong, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2010.

Technical test and interview about ID design flow