Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

3.1

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2009.

There was a panel of interviewers from different groups. They asked difficult questions about C/C++, data-structures.

I didn't negotiate

Multimedia Producer/E-learning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in November 2009.

Telephonic Interview followed with technical interview and HR and PR. Cadence hires best employees. It pays good with respect to the market. It's into Electronic Design Automation and technical job with related field is paid and groomed very well here.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult and unexpected questions here. Confidence level is tested and Can Do attitude should be there to clear the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

The process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2009.

1 Hour written test.
       - consisted of hardware and software questions
       - Some IQ tests too.
    2. 3 interviews
       - Technical 1
       - Technical 2
       - HR

The Technical interview 1 was taken by a team member
    Technical round 2 was with a manager

The interview was quite technical, based on Verilog / VHDL. Some software questions were asked too.
    knowledge of Linux will be a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Writing a verilog code for a FIFO, with variaous signals like half full, quarter full, and explanation of the whole algorithm.   View Answer
    • Basic questions about the IEEE 802.11 standard (it was my project), wireless ad-hoc networks etc. Explanation of different algorithms.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2008.

2 hr intervies
    2 interiews by india managers
    2 interviews by 2 us managers

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2008.

A very well defined and good 4 step process

Interview Questions
    • Where do U see yourseld in cadence in this time of recession?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2014.

E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

IC Design Interview

Hiring managers called to discuss position responsibility, business, company, and asked for related job experiences. On-site interview was set up with the whole group. Good discussion and well-experienced engineers.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Excellent experience interviewing. Expectations were laid out clearly, and negotiations went quickly. Meeting staff and soon-to-be-coworkers was a pleasant and very informative process. Actually, my experience was exceptionally smooth because I worked for this man in a previous job 10 years ago, and he was ready to bring me in. That was behind a lot of it, plus the work I'd done to prepare and having had three interviews already that year with the company. Lots of groundwork laid, but in the end it wasn't all my doing.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start? I know, that's typically not what you'd expect, but for me, that was it. Like I said, they were ready to bring me in. They already knew me. Learning new material now on the job is tougher than any 'question' in the interview.   View Answer
    Quick and to the point. I had an offer verbally in two business days, and one 'in writing' (by email) in 5 busines days.