Cadence Design Systems

Updated 25 Feb 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2010.

3-4 Rounds of interview . In Product Validation interview they can ask ranging from timing , designing of simple designs in verilog/VHDL , perl for automation , simple CMOS basics ,

Interview Questions
    No Negotiations as this was my first company

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2010.

Good quality question.
    Interviewer was to much conservative to accept the innovation or learning opportunities.

Lead Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2010.

Two rounds of telephonic interviews and 3 F2F interviews apart from manager, director and HR rounds. The whole process took around a month.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are related to SV and OVM. Multi channel sequences.   Answer Question
    The offer was on par with industry package. Had to negotiate on joining bonus.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in December 2009.

There was a panel of interviewers from different groups. They asked difficult questions about C/C++, data-structures.

I didn't negotiate

Multimedia Producer/E-learning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in November 2009.

Telephonic Interview followed with technical interview and HR and PR. Cadence hires best employees. It pays good with respect to the market. It's into Electronic Design Automation and technical job with related field is paid and groomed very well here.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult and unexpected questions here. Confidence level is tested and Can Do attitude should be there to clear the interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2009.

1 Hour written test.
       - consisted of hardware and software questions
       - Some IQ tests too.
    2. 3 interviews
       - Technical 1
       - Technical 2
       - HR

The Technical interview 1 was taken by a team member
    Technical round 2 was with a manager

The interview was quite technical, based on Verilog / VHDL. Some software questions were asked too.
    knowledge of Linux will be a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Writing a verilog code for a FIFO, with variaous signals like half full, quarter full, and explanation of the whole algorithm.   View Answer
    • Basic questions about the IEEE 802.11 standard (it was my project), wireless ad-hoc networks etc. Explanation of different algorithms.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2008.

2 hr intervies
    2 interiews by india managers
    2 interviews by 2 us managers

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2008.

A very well defined and good 4 step process

Interview Questions
    • Where do U see yourseld in cadence in this time of recession?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Received email to schedule phone interview. Scheduled the phone call for the same week. Phone call took about 20 minutes going through resume and answering basic coding concept questions. Got invite for on-site interview 2 weeks later. On-site interview is around 4 hours long starting with explanation of position and then the rest are technical questions. Interviews are 1 on 1, 30 minutes each and targets a different skill.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview:
      Explain inheritance.

On-site:
      Give expected output given C++ code that uses polymorphism.
      Find the errors and inefficiencies given C++ code.
      Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different data structures.
      Rewrite C code to take advantage of OOP.
      Explain how you would test for correctness given a goal problem and the code.

Answer Question

Lead Product Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2015.

A lot of telephonic rounds as the team is spread across the Europe / World. I applied via employee referral. Cadence has been a primary EDA tool vendor in most the places I have worked previously, I enjoyed a cordial relationship with their Engineers.

The HR contacted me and the telephone interviews followed thereafter. This may vary for other job roles though. I was interviewed by the manager, senior product engineers and other senior managers/engineers.

Interview Questions
    • A product engineering role acts as an interface between Cadence R&D and Application Engineering team and sometimes with Tier 1 customers for a particular Cadence tool/tool suite. Cadence wouldn't have shortlisted me if they doubted my technical abilities - an employee referral also helped me in this regard.

So, most of the questions were related to personality/behavior questions. There were technical questions with regard to the EDA tools and methodologies the role and also deals with questions related to previous educational qualifications and professional experience.

View Answer