Cadence Design Systems

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
General resume questions
OVM/UVM basic questions
How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Interview Question – nothing specific   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Interview Question – Nothing much, what do you hope to get from the job   Answer Question

Automation Intern Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. Next was scheduled for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Question – Mostly on my previous experience and skillset. nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details Technical test and interview about ID design flow

Interview Question – One IQ question is very interesting   Answer Question

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details Excellent experience interviewing. Expectations were laid out clearly, and negotiations went quickly. Meeting staff and soon-to-be-coworkers was a pleasant and very informative process. Actually, my experience was exceptionally smooth because I worked for this man in a previous job 10 years ago, and he was ready to bring me in. That was behind a lot of it, plus the work I'd done to prepare and having had three interviews already that year with the company. Lots of groundwork laid, but in the end it wasn't all my doing.

Interview Question – When can you start? I know, that's typically not what you'd expect, but for me, that was it. Like I said, they were ready to bring me in. They already knew me. Learning new material now on the job is tougher than any 'question' in the interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and to the point. I had an offer verbally in two business days, and one 'in writing' (by email) in 5 busines days.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details Some questions on general EDA principals, your experiences on resume etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details Submitted the resume by my friends who works in Cadence. One week later, interviewed by the team manager. Got the oral offer one week later after the interview. After that, I was contacted by the HR and give a package for the position. The package is OK for a graduate intern. Of course not as attractive as big software companies.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Mainly placement stuff. The manager is really nice   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details 3 phone interviews

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details The 1st interview started by going over my CV and asking about my skills and expertise. The 2nd interview was on digital logic design and algorithmic problems. The last one was specifically about the position which was logic synthesis.

Interview Question – Where is it safe to use Latch instead of FF?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2009.

Interview Details Hiring was over 10+ years ago. It was very quick, approximately two weeks.

Interview Question – All questions were typical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy, approximately two days.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cadence Design Systems