Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

Investment Performance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

After submitting cv in career fair, get contacted at night about the phone interview.
    Phone interview. simple cv questions, why C|A.
    First round. mins presentation about the company and the group applied for. Emphasis on company culture.
    1:2 interview. behaviour questions. why C|A, how to work with people who is difficult to work with.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2015.

2 phone interviews - 1 by HR and 1 by 2 IAs, followed by a mini superday, which consisted of 2 more interviews with 4 other IAs, a case study, and a writing test.

Beyond this stage, I believe there'll be 1 other interview stage. Waiting for a reply.

The IAs who interviewed me were all very pleasant, and the interview process thus far has been very enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would you calculate risk?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

1. Telephone interview, asking generally about my interest in investments/ current affairs. Briefly covered academics/experience.

2. A multiple round face to face interview stage. Initially I had to complete three tests (A mental maths test, a written test and a proof reading exercise). I then had a one to one with HR, then three two to one interviews with members from the Investment team, one of which was a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the following Investment managers portfolios would you invest in?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2015.

I submitted my resume through on-campus recruiting. I was notified 3 days later that I had an interview. I did a preliminary 30-minute behavioral and resume-based interview on campus with one of the finance associates. 3 days later, I was invited to the Boston office for three 30-minute resume-based interviews with the directors of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?

How have your experiences prepared you to work in finance?

Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Applied online with resume and cover letter. HR will email you to schedule a phone interview first. It's very short and consists about 15 min. HR is very nice and speaks very fast. Process is very fast, I received the reply in the next day for the next round interview.

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about the company and the position you applied.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Submitted resume through college, had 30 min interview at Bowdoin, asked to have a SuperDay in the office. Super day much more intense than originally thought. 4 hours of interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2015.

I contacted an alumni from my school, top-tier liberal arts school, and was put into contact with a recruiter. I had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter, then was asked to go into the office and had two interviews with team members I would be working with to talk about my resume, experience etc. Was finally invited back for a final round with multiple MD's and had to complete a case assignment.

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Submitted my resume online and received a call within a day or two. The initial phone interview was very easy and lasted about 15 minutes. I mostly spoke about time management, teamwork, time sensitivity of data and how these concepts related to my past work experience. I was invited to the open house interview, which like the first one was mostly resume and personality based questions. The interviews are very easy be comfortable and stress your high work ethic, your ability to work with teams and your commitment to finishing projects. Research MIG before you apply.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2014.

Campus recruitment --> Phone screening --> On-site Interview "Super Day" --> Offer

The on-site interview is basically just 3 back-to-back behavioral interviews, 1 case interview, and 1 lunch (basically another interview). It was a stressful 3 hours, but very rewarding as well. If you prepared for this interview very well, then I would say you are probably ready for many other interviews as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, and what did you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2014.

Had my primary interview on campus. The primary interview was mostly questions about my resume and generic questions such as "tell me about yourself", "your weaknesses/strengths", etc. Just as you would expect a typical interview to go. The interviewers were very nice and cordial and the interview itself was very fun for me.

I got through to the second round interview which was held at their VA office and was conducted by a senior software developer and another software developer. They asked more in depth questions about the languages I knew that were present on my resume. Asked about multi-threading, ruby, java, etc. Most of the questions were geared toward technical things. They asked a couple of questions about protected vs. static vs. private. All in all, the interview process was very relaxed but I couldn't get a read on their expressions. I didn't know how I was doing on the interview.

Overall, it was a great experience and had a lot of fun interviewing with Cambridge Associates for an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have difficult questions in the interview. If you truly know what you wrote on your resume and can speak about them, there should be no problem.   Answer Question