Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

I received an email requesting a phone interview last week. Upon initiating the call it was OK but the recruiter kept prodding for a higher meaning behind my applying to the job. It was not rocket science after over four years in non-profit I wanted to go back to corporate. Given this was essentially an entry level job and I clearly have experience as my resume stated (10 yrs since I graduated from college) it was odd to feel like I was being asked questions that do not apply to me. Very spastic recruiter but nice lady. The next day I got an email saying my background does not match their needs for the role. Did you not have my background prior to calling me?

Interview Questions
    • Unoriginal questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What did you connect with in the job descriptions?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

Very long process, had initial interview early June and had final interview on 18th July. Telephone interview, then series of group interviews involving two competency interviews and one case study including various psychometric tests in between. Then a final round of interviews with three senior members of staff. Very personable, more like a conversation

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a £100m portfolio   View Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

Very enjoyable interview process, everyone was extremely friendly and did their utmost to represent what the job entails and what the firm has to offer. However, they also repeatedly enquire as to whether you would be committed enough to do what is essentially research work (looking at graphs, researching data etc.) and deal with no clear career path or development.

Interview Questions
    • How would you shape a 100 million pound portfolio for a client.   View Answer

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I applied online and about a month later, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was basic, running through the resume. Then two weeks later, I was called in for a group interview where you listen to a presentation about the company for about thirty minutes and then have three individual interviews with assistant managers. The last interview I had was a writing sample, two round table discussions with people who have the job you are applying for, an interview with an assistant manager, and then the manager.

They repeat the questions a lot. They try to make you nervous by asking a lot of questions in a short amount of time. It's really not that bad.

Interview Questions

The compensation was lower than expected. I got another job with a higher salary.

Performance Reporting Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

1st round - Get to know you questions (e.g. strengthens and weaknesses, why cambridge?)
    2nd round - Interview questions based on Case Study
    The questions were 1) If you are given only 5 days to complete a report, how will you manage with a tight timeline?
    2) Come up with questions to ask your team member.

Interview Questions
    • Come up with questions to ask your team member. Must know the reporting process of the company to answer it.   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Found out about the job from talking to a recruiter at a campus career fair. Submitted application online and completed phone screen a week later then traveled down to DC for super day (bonus: they reimburse you for travel). Day started with an informational presentation on the group followed by standard super day format of 4-5 consecutive interviews, most with the group's managers. Interview questions were somewhat repetitive. Everyone I met was in their 20s, so seemed like it'd be a fun environment to work in after college. Heard back from the recruiter that I didn't get the job within a week after the super day. Overall positive experience: the process moved quickly, recruiter was helpful, and everyone seemed to genuinely like working there.

Portfolio Reporting Interview

There will be a preliminary phone screening. After which, if selected, you will participated in the first interview in their office. It includes writing an email requesting for some documents, followed by 2 interview sessions 30 mins each. Interviewers are probably colleagues that you will work with in the future. Questions are mainly standard interview questions such as strengths, how do you fit into the company and how are you different from the rest of the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If money is not a problem, what job would you like to do?   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

There was an online application, HR telephone screen, and after they invite you to the office for a company presentation and 2 interviews with a current analyst and HR rep. Final round was a case study and another interview with the HR rep and the manager.

1. HR telephone screen questions: Run through your resume, what are you most proud of, why Cambridge, what other jobs have you applied for, pretty standard questions.

2. Listen during the company presentation at the office because the first question the HR rep asked was "what did you find interesting/what did you learn about the company?". Again, very standard questions. The analyst asked: "If money was no object, what would be your dream job" followed by "How would this position help you fulfil that dream?"

3. Case study was really simple, nothing technical. Another analyst will come in for 15 mins and you can ask them questions. Interview with the manager was more of a conversation.

Junior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

First round interview - I answered questions as prompted, however I feel that what made my application weak was lack of a strong financial background and the fact that my call dropped three times mid-interview. Make sure you have good cell service!

Interviewer was very friendly.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

I applied online and got an email from the HR for a phone interview a few days later. Interviewer was very nice and basically got me to run through my resume i.e. Talk about internships and school activities. I was told that there will be a follow up for next steps.