Cambridge Associates, LLC

132 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details I saw the job advertised online and applied on the company website. I was contacted several weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview itself was only about twenty minutes long. None of the questions were out of the ordinary. The individual I spoke with was very nice and seemed interested in everything I had to say.

Interview Question – None of the questions were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details I applied online, received a phone call to verify my resume, and then brought into the office for a presentation and in person interview. I. Met with one person alone and another team of 2 people. The only thing they care about is that you're going to work as hard as humanly possible for them. The interviewers were tough and definitely tried to throw you off. They ask you specific questions from the presentation trying to test you. They ultimately rubbed me the wrong way. Sometimes they seemed like they were mocking me and the day was a little disorganized.

Interview Question – What department do you want to work in and why   Answer Question

MIG Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details Telephone screening, 2 hour interview with 4 employees (30 mins each)

Interview Question – Work ethic - define, what's yours, and how has yours been shaped   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Analyst
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview was extremely brief. The guy seemed completely uninterested and not very personable. In person interviews wen a lot better the people seemed nicer and interested by what I had to say. There were two 30 min interviews back to back. The second interview that day has two individuals in it which was a little intimidating but I thought I handled it well.

Interview Question – Why did you pick this job?   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details Multiple rounds of interviews

First round was an initial phone screening. Lasted less than half an hour with questions about resume and basic behavioral questions. A few days later, I got a call to come in for the Open House interview round.

Open house interview round with multiple candidates together for a round robbin interview. The round started off with a presentation given by current or former Junior Associates to give a background of the company and position. Lasted about 45 minutes. After that was a round of two interviews, one with a manager and one with HR. The manager interviewer didn't seem too personable, and it was a bit difficult getting good back and forth discussion with him. Both interviewers asked the "what is your weakness" question. The answer would be brought up in later interviews.

Round after that was about a two hour interview process. It began with additional overview of the position and showing the system that would be used to track information. After that was a round table discussion with three employees working in the position being interviewed for to give an "employee" view of what you would be doing. Then there was a "practical" component that required writing an email based on a list of information needed to be gathered. It ended with an in-person interview with the manager of the group they were considering you for. For me, it was the same manager from the Open House.

Did not enjoy the manager interview. The manager was abrasive and seemed over-confident in his abilities. He seemed to treat the position like grunt work but expected a high level of intelligence/capability, mostly trying to prod at any response that he didn't think was good enough. The majority of the time, it felt more like an inquisition than an interview. A few questions bordered on inappropriate, asking about my emotional state (because his abrasive personality got me a bit flustered) and questioning work ethic (I was essentially told I didn't have an appropriate work ethic because I wasn't a college athlete and didn't work two jobs in college to support myself).

Overall the interview process was good except for the time spent with the manager I would be working under. Had I not interviewed with him, I probably would have wanted the job. I accepted a job at another company before hearing back about the interview, although I would not have accepted had it been offered.

Interview Question – "What are you weaknesses" question from every person I interviewed with.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through my school's job board. They had two individuals come to campus to conduct interviews. The night before, they hosted a kind of meet-and-greet so we were able to meet the other students that got an interview and received a brief overview of the company.

The first interview was pretty straightforward. Went through my resume then presented with some charts that Associates have to deal with on a regular basis. I had to draw intuitions from the information given. I didn't have extensive experience in investments so I think it was more a matter of how I think on my feet and presentation.

The final round was on-site with 5 back-to-back interviews. A couple interviewers dealt with aspects from my resume (academics, extracurriculars), one conducted a similar activity from the first interview, one gave me an article to analyze, and one had me prepare a 3 minute presentation from a booklet of charts and graphs.

It was a pretty smooth process and I would give a thumbs up EXCEPT they never got back to me concerning my application. I had to approach the recruiter after a few weeks to get any sort of communication from them. I expected better considering they were on-campus recruiters.

Interview Question – Prepare a 3-minute presentation on your recommended portfolio. You had access to the performances of a couple different portfolios, as well as trends in stocks/bonds/etc.   View Answer

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Junior Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details 1st round- HR call
2nd round- competency qns with a manager & hr + 1 proof reading test
3rd round- 4x behavioural/ competency qns with 4 diff managers

Interview Question – what should we be concerned with if we decide to hire you   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2012.

Interview Details Fairly straightforward interview process. Starts with a phone interview with a current consulting associate who has a year or two's experience, it's a very relaxed conversation about your background, then some basic questions on investments.

Interview Question – How would you invest 1 million dollars?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Junior Associate

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details Did a phone screen which ran over the resume. Didn't hear back for two weeks and followed up to find out I hadn't been selected for another round.

Interview Question – What are your two biggest areas for improvement?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Two interviews. First with manager of department and second was with director and co-workers. Asked questions about my resume and technologies on it. Very modern offices and semi-formal dressed staff (business casual). One staff member asked tough questions, rest were general personality and fit questions.

Interview Question – Question about bit sizes in a packet.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Stronger fit at different company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC