Cambridge Associates, LLC
www.cambridgeassociates.com Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Cambridge Associates, LLC Investment Performance Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details Standard interview. Spoke with a member of recruting team for a phone interview and then brought in for a series of interviews. One interview was with a member of recruting and it was easy behavioral questions. The next was with a manager which I found to be very confusing at times. She didnt have a good feel for the outlook and often times seem flustered and/or lying about the expectations. The 3rd interview was with the director. His interview was very intense and even teetered toward unprofssional at times.

Interview Question – How was the past interview on a scale from 1-10. Very bizarre   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The vibe I got from the last 2 interviewers was not good. Does not look like they have a solid plan for the future and I dont think it is a stable department. Friend who works there says that they plan to automate everything and the department will be defunct in 3 years

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2010.

Interview Details Applied to the company based on their ad. Received message back in a few days asking a few basic questions. After that was invited in for interview. Met with 3-4 supervisors. Seemed straightforward and pleasant to deal with.
Several week after that received offer

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to resolve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2010.

Interview Details I initially applied online and got a phone call two days later. The HR rep set up an informational phone interview. The questions were very basic and included a review of my resume. Then I was invited to interview on-site. They did not pay for travel or rooming expenses. The on-site interview consisted of two group presentations and three one-on-one interviews with questions ranging from basic resume information to simple finance/capital markets questions.

Interview Question – Why do bond prices and bond yields move inversely?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details Got the interview through a friend. Before the interview I found out that the position is essentially data entry and it didn't seem too fulfilling. During the interview I expressed a desire to at some point to return to b-school or get a CFA and aspirations of being portfolio manager one day. I don't think that they are looking for anyone particularly ambitious...at least knowingly. And truth be told the interviewer didn't seem very skilled. I received a thank you email the following day telling me that our interests didn't align, and I agree.

Interview Questions

• Standard tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why CA   View Answer
  • My final question for her was something I read off of Monster.com's example questions to ask: "Now that you know about my background etc. etc., do you have any concerns with my fulfilling this position?"   View Answer

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2010.

Interview Details The interview process started with a phone screen. After the phone screen, the recruiter invited me for a second round interview. This interview included a group of other candidates. Employees showed prospective employees around the office facility and three one-on-one interviews took place. From what I remember the interviewers asked the same questions, so by the third round It was easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Management was unwilling to negotiate salary.

Arlington, VA (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2010.

Interview Details On campus interview first, followed by a round of 4 in-person interviews. The interview day also consisted of an office tour and an overview of a mock performance report. Most everyone in the Performance Reporting department is pretty young since there's not much opportunity for advancement, so the atmosphere is reasonably laid back.

Interview Question – How do you manage when you have a large number of projects with competing deadlines?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cambridge Associates, LLC Investment Performance Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cambridge Associates, LLC employees and interview candidates.