Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Investment Performance Associate Interview Questions

Updated 4 Mar 2015

2.8

Investment Performance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

After submitting cv in career fair, get contacted at night about the phone interview.
Phone interview. simple cv questions, why C|A.
First round. mins presentation about the company and the group applied for. Emphasis on company culture.
1:2 interview. behaviour questions. why C|A, how to work with people who is difficult to work with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Investment Performance Associate Interview

Interview

HR is very efficient.
    First interview is usually a phone call with the HR.
    Second interview consists of a company presentation and interview with one or more of the team members. Standard resume based questions. Honesty and consistency with answers is important.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Standard interview. Spoke with a member of recruting team for a phone interview and then brought in for a series of interviews. One interview was with a member of recruting and it was easy behavioral questions. The next was with a manager which I found to be very confusing at times. She didnt have a good feel for the outlook and often times seem flustered and/or lying about the expectations. The 3rd interview was with the director. His interview was very intense and even teetered toward unprofssional at times.

Interview Questions

• How was the past interview on a scale from 1-10. Very bizarre   Answer Question

The vibe I got from the last 2 interviewers was not good. Does not look like they have a solid plan for the future and I dont think it is a stable department. Friend who works there says that they plan to automate everything and the department will be defunct in 3 years

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Got the interview through a friend. Before the interview I found out that the position is essentially data entry and it didn't seem too fulfilling. During the interview I expressed a desire to at some point to return to b-school or get a CFA and aspirations of being portfolio manager one day. I don't think that they are looking for anyone particularly ambitious...at least knowingly. And truth be told the interviewer didn't seem very skilled. I received a thank you email the following day telling me that our interests didn't align, and I agree.

Interview Questions

• Standard tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why CA   1 Answer
    • My final question for her was something I read off of Monster.com's example questions to ask: "Now that you know about my background etc. etc., do you have any concerns with my fulfilling this position?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

On campus interview first, followed by a round of 4 in-person interviews. The interview day also consisted of an office tour and an overview of a mock performance report. Most everyone in the Performance Reporting department is pretty young since there's not much opportunity for advancement, so the atmosphere is reasonably laid back.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage when you have a large number of projects with competing deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied to the company based on their ad. Received message back in a few days asking a few basic questions. After that was invited in for interview. Met with 3-4 supervisors. Seemed straightforward and pleasant to deal with.
    Several week after that received offer

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to resolve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

I initially applied online and got a phone call two days later. The HR rep set up an informational phone interview. The questions were very basic and included a review of my resume. Then I was invited to interview on-site. They did not pay for travel or rooming expenses. The on-site interview consisted of two group presentations and three one-on-one interviews with questions ranging from basic resume information to simple finance/capital markets questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen. After the phone screen, the recruiter invited me for a second round interview. This interview included a group of other candidates. Employees showed prospective employees around the office facility and three one-on-one interviews took place. From what I remember the interviewers asked the same questions, so by the third round It was easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Management was unwilling to negotiate salary.