Cambridge Associates, LLC

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details A day after I submitted my resume, I received an email scheduling a phone screen. My phone screen was only about 10 minutes long--she asked me to describe my educational and professional background, why I would choose Cambridge Associates, and to describe my greatest professional weakness. I am scheduled to have a follow-up interview next week.

Interview Question – Please describe your greatest professional weakness.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2013.

Interview Details Standard Phone Interview

Interview Question – Standard run me through your resume qns, strengths, motivations, what do you know about the firm etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details Did a phone screen which ran over the resume. Didn't hear back for two weeks and followed up to find out I hadn't been selected for another round.

Interview Question – What are your two biggest areas for improvement?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2013.

Interview Details I went through a phone screening, which is very in depth, but mainly asked behavioral questions. They are trying to determined if you will be a good fit. Got called back for an open house, which lasted about 2 and half hours. Main thing to focus on is the presentation about the company. The interview will be heavy on what you've gained from the presentation.

Interview Question – What is your definition of good customer service?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied through the LinkedIn posting.

Started off with a phone interview which was pretty basic. They asked about my resume and basically just did a walk-through of my credentials. Making sure your resume is legitimate.

I was called back by HR to come to an extensive "open-house" where me and a couple other candidates were given a more extensive overview of the company, what group we were interviewing with, and what the job entailed, historically.

After the presentations, you go through a rotation of three 30-minute interviews. It was interesting, the order is random, each candidate rotated between the same three guys, who were upper management of the group the job was with. Each guy had different personalities, almost like a weird Good Cop/Bad Cop/Neutral Cop routine. One guy was pretty straight forward, asking about my career goals, some basic situations, as well as gauging how committed to the job I would be (see Most Unexpected question). Another guy was pretty tough, seeming to be purposely not as personable, asking in-depth questions about strengths and weaknesses, as well as how I felt my previous interview went on a scale of 1-10 and why it wasn't a 10 (again, see below). The third guy was very personable, lauding my resume and providing a really good back and forth while discussing my qualifications.

I felt this three-way dynamic was probably more pre-orchestrated than anything, as a means of gauging candidates from multiple angles, and was actually pretty creative, if true.

Sadly, despite what I thought was a really positive conversation all the way around, I got a "going in another direction" email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• 1 interviewer: Would I have to worry about you leaving for another job in a couple of years after taking the time to train you? (paraphrased)   View Answer
  • 2nd Interviewer: On a scale of 1-10, how was your last interview? Why not a 10?   View Answer

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details I applied online and received an email to set up a phone screening the next day. The next round, which was one week later was with the hiring manager. This lasted about 30 min and we talked about my experience, education and how it would help the company.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to run him through a specific investment strategy for a personal client.   Answer Question

Junior Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Phone interview - Basic HR questions
1st meet up - HR interview + Manager interview
2nd round - Test + Manager + Director + team members interview

Interview Question – All normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details 1st round touches on standard behavioral questions. 2nd round is an open house where they introduce the company and department, followed by 3 rounds of interview with 3 managers, lastly followed by a writing sample test.

Interview Question – Name 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Junior Associate

Interview Details 1st Round - Phone Interview: lasted about 15 - 20 minutes. Asked more about Behavioural questions E.g. Tell me more about yourself, Why did you apply to Cambridge Associates etc.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2012.

Interview Details There was an initial phone interview, second round interview and then final round. In the initial phone interview, he called a half-hour earlier than schedule and asked a series of behavior questions. The second round was held at their Arlington location. They started with a presentation and then took me to be interviewed by 3 managers, each lasting 30 minutes. They asked a bunch of general behavioral questions, I found them to be very frat-like 20 something males. They were all very insincere and seemed to have no actual interest in me, but just wanted to get through the interview so they could get to the next candidate. One had a sheet full of the most ridiculous interview questions I've ever been asked and proceeded to ask the questions at me and just jot down my answers, he didn't even look up to make eye contact the entire time.

Interview Question – What animal would you identify as   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cambridge Associates, LLC employees and interview candidates.