Canadian Tire Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 6 Aug 2014

1.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Questions
  • What would you like to do after highschool?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Cashier Interview

Talked lots about different situations that a normal cashier would face on a daily basis. Includes: helping manager out or cleaning up aisle spill?, how well you work in team situations. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview experience, especially for an entry level position. Tests to see if you are reliable and trustworthy to handle cash on a daily basis

Interview Questions
    • What is the maximum allowance for a deficit and surplus at the end of day cash reconciliation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2012.

Hiring manager was great and very accommodating with my scheduled, wanted it to work out with both of us.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Very easy, 15 minute interview. Basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Questions
    got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peace River, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peace River, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2012.

Handed in a resume, got a phone call, started the next day.

Interview Questions
    This is what your getting paid. This is what you will be doing. Take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2011.

One brings their resume into the store, where you are briefly interviewed by a manager. The resume then goes to the owners, and they decide based upon your references, experience and the manager's rating of your interview. (Based upon presentation of both resume and self; confidence, clothing/ appearance, hours available).

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

I applied for the job in person after hearing from the friend of a worker that the management preferred a hand-in to online. I was initially contacted in the beginning of March (three weeks after my hand-in), but it took until the beginning of April before they were prepared to schedule an interview. It then took a further four weeks with two follow-up calls before they would give me a decision regarding the position. I found the whole process really lengthy without any reasonable excuse.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have a history of on-the-job accidents? We get a lot of those here."   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2010.

I went to the store, asked for and received an application. I asked what it was like to work there and was told it was fine. Later that day I brought the filled in application back. A few days later I received a call for an interview. I went in for the interview the very next day. We talked easily. The job was explained. I was asked a few questions that were easy to answer. I then was given an employee shirt and brought to one of the checkout stands and introduced to an employee. We stood behind her while she worked. Then I was asked if I wanted to "try" it. I stayed on the cash for about half an hour, with the employee behind me, helping me. She was very good, helpful and kind. I was given the job on the spot and began working the next day. My willingness to learn their system, to work tons of hours over the holiday season, past experience in sales and my calm,assured and friendly manner at the interview were what I believe got me the job. That and the fact that they needed new people for the Christmas holiday sales. It's a great place to work during busy times. You would get TONS of hours. As a new employee, after the season is over, the hours will dry up dramatically.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase. The salary is set.

Cashier Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2010.

The interviews started at the job agency which was quite easy considering I had no experience. Then I went for two group interviews where there were about 8 other people being interviewed. I stood out quite easily because they want someone who is polite and responsible looking. Did a personality test as well and got a tour of the store. After about two weeks I got a call back. EASY.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a bad situation you've had and how you've dealt with it?   Answer Question