Canadian Tire Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The whole interview was in french. They asked me about my education, what i wanted to be when i grew up , my life goals. They also asked me about why i chose canadian tire , what i was hoping to do there. They also asked about my experience and the jobs Ive worked at and what skills were needed to do these jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your life goals   2 Answers
  • Why Canadian Tire?   1 Answer
  • What skills did you use at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2014.

Interview

They called me on tuesday and had me in for the interview that thursday. Got a call back the day after. The interview was ten minutes long, but I had to wait five minutes for the manager to show up. They asked for my references, and some of the questions were based on those.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time when you've had to deal with a difficult or irate customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do after highschool?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Talked lots about different situations that a normal cashier would face on a daily basis. Includes: helping manager out or cleaning up aisle spill?, how well you work in team situations. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview experience, especially for an entry level position. Tests to see if you are reliable and trustworthy to handle cash on a daily basis

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum allowance for a deficit and surplus at the end of day cash reconciliation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager was great and very accommodating with my scheduled, wanted it to work out with both of us.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very easy, 15 minute interview. Basic questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Peace River, AB (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Handed in a resume, got a phone call, started the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is what your getting paid. This is what you will be doing. Take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2011.

Interview

Invited to interview with HR manager, very easy-going and casual interview with few behavioural questions. Was called back one day later and offered the position. Completed availability as well as some other logistical application.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your cash till did not reconcile at the end of your shift   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

One brings their resume into the store, where you are briefly interviewed by a manager. The resume then goes to the owners, and they decide based upon your references, experience and the manager's rating of your interview. (Based upon presentation of both resume and self; confidence, clothing/ appearance, hours available).