Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014
Updated 22 Sep 2014

2.4

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire.

I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do after highschool?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2014.

Applied for the Business Analyst position though email and received an email confirming a phone interview date. Took the call, was asked Basic questions that are listened below. The phone call lasted about thirty minutes. Was told that I should receive an email in about a week telling me if I will be moving on to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic. They asked me the following questions: Why Canadian Tire? What was your greatest accomplishment? Why this job? Why this major instead of the other major that you pursued?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

For the first-round phone interview, there is just some common behaviour questions.
    For the second-round on site interview, a case study about warehouse demand prediction will be tested and the interviewer should give a presentation about it.

Programmer Analyst, Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Applied online,whole process took about a month. Was contacted by hiring manager directly

Interview Questions
    • Everything was expected. No technical interview, just behavior and resume based questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

easy hire. management was good at first. then switched and these guys played favourites. everyone could tell.

Analyst Interview

Application, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview, Background check, Offer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire.

I want to know to get an email after an interview at Canadian Tire if i need to wait for a couple of months. What is candidate pool.

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2013.

I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email from Campus Program Specialist for a 15 minute phone interview. I was given two 2-hour slots and was told that I will receive a phone call anytime between these two slots.

I didn't receive any phone call from Canadian Tire within a given timeframe. I emailed back but didn't receive any reply.

Many phone calls and voicemails later, I was told that they selected a bunch of candidates from the first few they called for the in-person interview. They didn't think it was necessary to inform remaining candidates waiting for a phone call about the development.

This was the worst interview process experience I had in my professional career. The hiring process itself for the role of "Technology Leadership Program" says a lot about leadership and coordination within the company.

Sports/Seasonal/Hardware/Housewares Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire.

I did most hiring and the interview process usually would consist of meeting and getting to know 4-5 people in which 1 of those would be chosen for the position. Some stores do no interviews so you basically go in and start, others are even more detailed and will have follow up interviews as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific situation in your last job (or life experience) that you had to make a difficult decision. How did you solve it? Why did you choose that method to solve it?   Answer Question

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!