Capgemini

Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Analyst Interview

Security Analyst
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details I had a phone interview as the result of an employee referral. The specific job they had open in Austin (Security) wasn't a fit with my prior experience, however the possibility of growing into it was put out there. However, as I was speaking, the interviewer was looking at other possible roles that I might fit. She instant messaged someone who does what I did previously, and found a team of contractors that travel. That was very impressive that she was looking out for me.

Interview Question – It was a first phone interview, so the questions weren't too difficult. There was one on assessing server size, which wasn't in my previous roles, and I was up front about that fact .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details Hiring process was very quick. I was given a phone interview where we discussed my skills and previous employment. Went over the job qualifications and requirements. I was called to have an in person interview the next day.

Interview Question – Very technical, I was asked very tough technical questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in April 2010.

Interview Details First had interview on campus. General interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. First interview was relatively straightforward.
Second interviews were in office, one was a case interview, another was a behavioral interview. Between the interviews all of the candidates were sat down at a group table to speak with multiple current employees. During the case interview there were two questions, one was a brain teaser and another was a case question from the interviewers past experiences. The interviewers kept all of the notes I took during the case interview. They also were keen to see/keep a paper example copy of a project I had worked on in the past.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capgemini in July 2013.

Interview Details First round of interview was by HR . it was a short one , just checking out compensation requirements and location preference.Second round was technical for a particular project .If we are selected for that project then we have a skype interview with the corresponding capgemini's client for that project .If they are satisfied we are in. If not we might or might not have another interview for different project depending on requirement of the job we are applying for.

Interview Question – everything was as per my job role. nothing out of the blue. i applied for Performance engineer position and the interview was according to my role   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they have a range of compensation for each designation. We have to do research and find out that range. Based on that we can negotiate our salary.

Interviewed at Capgemini

Interview Details It was good. Interview question are relavant to experience. But there was online technical test for 4+ exp. And complete process took almost 2 weeks to get offer. 2 technical round and then managerial and last was HR round

Interview Question – Interview question are relavant to experience   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details Campus interviews are for the Staff Consultant.
Senior Consultants, Managers and Senior Managers are mostly recruited through network or through job postings. Consider yourself lucky if you find someone competitive.

Interview Question – There is a set pattern and standard of questions for campus hires. For Senior Consultants, Managers and Senior Managers , it mostly depends on the interviewee.
Consider yourself lucky if you find someone competitive.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is negotiable

Business Analyst/PMO Interview

Business Analyst/PMO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details I interviewed for 2 positions, the first one was going to lead to an offer but last minute HR came and said the client restructured the team and they didnt need me. She set another interview for a PMO position in Chicago, the interview was with the Hiring Manager. I thought the interview was hard, the interviewer thought i had more experience and was really abrupt and negative. I didnt feel comfortable, and i never got a call back. A second HR person from Capgemini called to set me up for another interview a few weeks later for another position during Thanksgiving and never called back or email back when i followed up to set up an interview. Over all a very negative experience.

Interview Question – Why do you have a Gap between your Junior year of college and February 2010?   View Answer

Sales Business Development Interview

Sales Business Development

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details Interview was intense with a lot of individuals as part of the interview process. I spoke to several individuals not in the organization I was interviewing for so it provided a broader view of the company.

Interview Question – How do you see Capgemini growing in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

Interview Details I first heard about Capgemini through my school's career website. I submitted my resume, and I got a call for an on campus interview. Before the interview, I got an email, telling me to come out to a dinner event. There, I got to meet a few consultants and ask them questions. They were all quite nice and had varied experiences. It was a pretty welcoming environment, although it was a bit more professional. Just make sure to do your research, have good, honest questions ready(don't just ask questions for the sake of asking questions), and above all, listen to their experiences. They like talking about their travels more than their work. They like talking about the fun things about work, rather than the monotony.

The interview was pretty standard. I had dinner with my interviewer the night before, so I was already comfortable with him. Standard behavioral questions: Why capgemini? Why do you want to be a consultant? Why are your skills relevant to this position? Times when you encountered challenges as a team leader? etc.
I believe that I succeeded in this interview, because 1) I related every single question to how I am a good fit to the position(make sure to be brief!) 2)I was prepared to say why capgemini fascinated me(BE HONEST) and 3) I told them a little bit about how my interests, work ethics, and career goals related to my life philosophy. I think my interviewer liked, not only the content of my answers, but also the succinct and logical way I presented them.

Fast forward- three weeks later.

I went in for a final round interview at the Chicago office, and the day was broken up into the following:

1. Behavioral Interview - Pretty standard. Very similar to the one I had with my first interviewer. The guy that interviewed me talked about his previous work in virtual reality technologies which was very cool to hear about. It went relatively well. I think he enjoyed talking about his non-capgemini work as well. He really appreciated the fact that I asked about his background and experience before he joined capgemini, so I would recommend asking this to your interviewer.

2. Stress Interview - My interviewer was very difficult to read. He was unresponsive to my answers(purposely so, i think), but by the end he softened up(Smile Often!) and lo and behold! the interview began to resemble the first one. I got very lucky. I could have gotten someone very aggressive rather than unresponsive, but no matter what, I think what helped was telling myself before hand that this is all a test. Don't crumble. Don't get nervous. Don't get defensive. Don't get angry, and DO NOT ramble. They want to test you. (They know that college grads don't have all the answers put together. They were probably equally as nervous when they were our age) All they want is for you to calmly defend yourself. Even if they call you out on something, and you have no rebuttal, stay calm. Sometimes the best thing to do is to ask the interviewer to elaborate on his critique. Demonstrate that you seek to understand before arguing. Show that you listen before speaking.

3. Case Study - The case study was a simple business case scenario where my interviewer played the part of a pharmaceuticals client who wanted to know why he was losing revenue. Its much more of a conversation, and he guided me to a lot of questions as well. I got flustered a little bit, but he was an amiable enough of a guy that I didn't feel too pressured. He cracked some pretty solid jokes in my case study that gave me some honest laughs.
After the case study, he asked me what I would do if a client asked me to do something in ten minutes that I had no idea how to do. I gave him a complex answer on how I would pull together resources and stall for time and etc, and after my answer, he simply smiles and says, "no, you would tell your client the truth."

It dawned to me that although Capgemini looks for intelligent and talented people, what is most important for any company is that candidates are ethical. The health of the work environment and the company's reputation depend on kind people that deal with their clients honestly. Even though we have this image of a consultant as these number crunching, networking masters, part of being a good consultant is also being good to your clients and coworkers.

I got an email in two weeks saying that they would pursued other candidates, but they also told me that if I ever want to interview with them again, to let them know.

My three pieces are:

Be Honest Be Kind Be Calm

This may be a bit too sappy for glassdoor, and I know a lot of you guys may be looking for that one secret thing to say to your interviewers that will blow them away, or that one integral tip to toppling capgemini case studies, but the truth is, there is no secret. Just be yourself...

But also, i got pretty lucky to have three great interviewers who I was able to converse with pretty well. Your interviewers could be a bit tougher.

Interview Question – Why Capgemini? Why not another consulting firm?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

Interview Details I met first with a recruiter at my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I attended an on-campus information session (in New York City) where I gave my resume to an employee in the Financial Services consulting division. I was contacted shortly after for an HR phone interview (basic questions like salary expectation), then a second phone interview with a member of the practice who asked questions about my experience, why Capgemini, what can you bring to this position, etc. After over two weeks of waiting I was called in for an in-person interview. A case study was provided several days prior to the interview, which we were to present. My presentation took about an hour. The second in-person interview (on the same day) involved tests of presentation skills, defending an argument, persuading someone to accept your argument and other questions related to your experience and how it relates to the position.

Interview Question – Using this whiteboard or a piece of paper, explain to me why I should hire you.

Case study given several days prior to the interview that was 5-6 pages long involving data sets and a fictive e-mail correspondence between employees at a bank. There were no direct instructions, but we were told to prepare a presentation analyzing the issues in the case.
  Answer Question

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!