Capital One Interview Questions

1,288 Interview Reviews

3.2

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in September 2014.

There will be 5 round of the interview, 1.Written SQL aptitude which includes null,aggregate functions, joins and inbuilt functions like string etc.
    2.second round will be face to face technical , where you will provide with the data sets and interviewer asks you retrieve data according to his needs. Mostly about joins ranks max min etc
    3. Third interview will be puzzle round where you asked about problem solving skills of sorting , grouping, fibi series , searching , eliminating duplicates etc, you have to write the algorithm or pseudo code
    4. Behavioral, where you will be asked with the how manage the pressure, how do you work in multiple projects, etc..
    5. HR it is to close the deal, about compensation, notice period etc

Interview Questions
    • well prepared for the scenario based questions and good knowledge about SQL   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in September 2014.

1. Technical test (30 questions in 35 minutes) : Graphs were provided and all the questions were based on the graphs using basic concepts of economics like Profit, interest, shares, dividends, inflation etc.

2. 3 Case Interviews: Each of half an hour. The first one was relatively simple. Second was the most rigorous one. The video posted on official Capital One Youtube channel regarding how to prepare for Case Interviews will help a lot. Questions were pretty general. At first we needed to identify the proper factors affecting the case in question. Then some quantitative and a few qualitative analysis questions followed.

Interview Questions
    • The Technical Test required lot of speed. I could attempt 27/30 and that was very much on the higher side. 20 was above average. So speed helps. For those with little lesser marks, Resume was used to shortlist.

Non Technical Questions: I was asked why i wanted to join Capital One. Thats it!
        View Answer
    Internship: No negotations

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One.

Three rounds . The initial round consisted of 35 data interpretation questions to be solved over a period of 30 minutes. The next two rounds are case - based , mainly focused on credit-cards and similar Cap One products

Interview Questions
    • Marketing Strategy of the Credit cards for multiple cases   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in July 2014.

Five rounds: round one was an aptitude test , round two was an one on one interview on numerical and logical thinking, round three was a panel interview on a business case, round four was based on puzzles, round five was a behavioral interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Received my confirmation call after a week.

Associate Interview

Aptitude test was conducted was data interpretation ( calculators were allowed), pretty easy, it was just speed which mattered, and then shortlisted candidates had to go through 3 interview rounds

Interview Questions
    • Interview was case study based. Involved calculations, suggesting ideas   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Referral

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such but I did a mistake by not listening to the interviewer's question properly and concluding prematurely.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

I had a senior working at Capital One and so had a rough idea about the work there. Also I did attend Capital One’s pre-placement talk.

Make sure you do attend the pre placement talk. That way you will get to know about the company and the kind of work you would be expected to do if you do get selected.

Interview Questions
    • This case focused on the break even analysis of a telecom company. The data given was the cost to company for a call (on a per minute basis), fixed price paid by the customer for the first 10 minutes and the price paid per minute of usage thereafter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One in November 2013.

From the university, after 45mins test, Case interview with a simple case. Easy Math and very basic common sense

Interview Questions
    • Technical reason why petrol car needs less service than diesel model   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Kanpur
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Kanpur

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Case study round

Interview Questions
    • If you want to buy a car, which is better option diesel or petrol?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One.

It was campus recruitment.

Written Round(1 hour) : Section 1 - 40 q's all on data interpretation mcq's mainly to check speed and accuracy. Section 2 - 10 q's on aptitude mainly. most were subjective and puzzles.

Interview:
    ROUND 1 : Small case study. For most people it ran for only 10-15min. Mine went for 40 min and had 2 case studies. They were not very difficult. They will give most data, some u might need to ask. You need to back every answer with calculations.

ROUND 2 : It was aptitude round involving puzzles. As I was CS student I was asked to code each puzzle. All puzzles were logical and needed some thinking.

ROUND 3 : Behavioral questions(though for most this was round 4). What problems u faced in past and how did u tackle them

ROUND 4 : Case Study. This time they only gave the problem(without data) and I had to analyze it inside out. Some data was given as I asked.

After 10-15 mins I was handed over the offer letter