Capital One

Relevance Date Difficulty

MIS Analyst Interview

MIS Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in July 2014.

Interview Details Five rounds: round one was an aptitude test , round two was an one on one interview on numerical and logical thinking, round three was a panel interview on a business case, round four was based on puzzles, round five was a behavioral interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Received my confirmation call after a week.

Interview Question – business case   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in December 2010.

Interview Details It is one of the best interview processes I've faced. There is a filtering round via a written test in the beginning followed by 3 or 4 rounds of 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Standard case studies   Answer Question

Interviewed at Capital One

Interview Details Aptitude test was conducted was data interpretation ( calculators were allowed), pretty easy, it was just speed which mattered, and then shortlisted candidates had to go through 3 interview rounds

Interview Question – Interview was case study based. Involved calculations, suggesting ideas   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview Details The entire process had several rounds. The process started with technical written test followed by a technical inetrview. this was the shortlising round. Further there were another 3 rounds of PI. The interviewer was very friendly and lookedd for more of logical understanding instead of to the poit codes.

Interview Question – Pseudo Codes   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in March 2013.

Interview Details I saw very interesting position description which matched with my skill set and career ambition. I applied on their website. Their job application site is very well designed and the initial follow up was impressive. In 2-3 days I heard back from the recruiter that they would like to conduct the first interview. I was happy and started preparing for the interviews. On the day of the interview, after a few very easy questions about mathematics, eligibility for employment question came up. I work on H1B visa in the related industry. I also have EAD card through GC application, so I can work for any employer in USA using any of these two work authorizations. The recruiter was very ill prepared to hear this and kept on insisting that I should only have H1B visa to work. At the end of 30 minutes, he said he will check with his manager and come back.

I followed up after a few days, but never saw a reply from him. I feel sad that I lost an amazing opportunity because of an uneducated recruiter.

I do not believe that Capital One discriminate in recruitment process but I know this recruiter definitely discriminated against me.

Interview Question – What is your work authorization? I do not think that you can work using EAD card. :( :(   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview Details Referral

Interview Question – Nothing as such but I did a mistake by not listening to the interviewer's question properly and concluding prematurely.   Answer Question

Old Kanpur

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Interview Details Case study round

Interview Question – If you want to buy a car, which is better option diesel or petrol?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Capital One in November 2013.

Interview Details From the university, after 45mins test, Case interview with a simple case. Easy Math and very basic common sense

Interview Question – Technical reason why petrol car needs less service than diesel model   View Answer

Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details I had a senior working at Capital One and so had a rough idea about the work there. Also I did attend Capital One’s pre-placement talk.

Make sure you do attend the pre placement talk. That way you will get to know about the company and the kind of work you would be expected to do if you do get selected.

Interview Question – This case focused on the break even analysis of a telecom company. The data given was the cost to company for a call (on a per minute basis), fixed price paid by the customer for the first 10 minutes and the price paid per minute of usage thereafter.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details It was campus recruitment.

Written Round(1 hour) : Section 1 - 40 q's all on data interpretation mcq's mainly to check speed and accuracy. Section 2 - 10 q's on aptitude mainly. most were subjective and puzzles.

Interview:
ROUND 1 : Small case study. For most people it ran for only 10-15min. Mine went for 40 min and had 2 case studies. They were not very difficult. They will give most data, some u might need to ask. You need to back every answer with calculations.

ROUND 2 : It was aptitude round involving puzzles. As I was CS student I was asked to code each puzzle. All puzzles were logical and needed some thinking.

ROUND 3 : Behavioral questions(though for most this was round 4). What problems u faced in past and how did u tackle them

ROUND 4 : Case Study. This time they only gave the problem(without data) and I had to analyze it inside out. Some data was given as I asked.

After 10-15 mins I was handed over the offer letter

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!