Capital One Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
1,249 Interview Reviews

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One.

Three rounds . The initial round consisted of 35 data interpretation questions to be solved over a period of 30 minutes. The next two rounds are case - based , mainly focused on credit-cards and similar Cap One products

Interview Questions
    • Marketing Strategy of the Credit cards for multiple cases   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in July 2014.

Five rounds: round one was an aptitude test , round two was an one on one interview on numerical and logical thinking, round three was a panel interview on a business case, round four was based on puzzles, round five was a behavioral interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Received my confirmation call after a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in December 2010.

It is one of the best interview processes I've faced. There is a filtering round via a written test in the beginning followed by 3 or 4 rounds of 1:1 interviews.

Associate Interview

Aptitude test was conducted was data interpretation ( calculators were allowed), pretty easy, it was just speed which mattered, and then shortlisted candidates had to go through 3 interview rounds

Interview Questions
    • Interview was case study based. Involved calculations, suggesting ideas   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

The entire process had several rounds. The process started with technical written test followed by a technical inetrview. this was the shortlising round. Further there were another 3 rounds of PI. The interviewer was very friendly and lookedd for more of logical understanding instead of to the poit codes.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in March 2013.

I saw very interesting position description which matched with my skill set and career ambition. I applied on their website. Their job application site is very well designed and the initial follow up was impressive. In 2-3 days I heard back from the recruiter that they would like to conduct the first interview. I was happy and started preparing for the interviews. On the day of the interview, after a few very easy questions about mathematics, eligibility for employment question came up. I work on H1B visa in the related industry. I also have EAD card through GC application, so I can work for any employer in USA using any of these two work authorizations. The recruiter was very ill prepared to hear this and kept on insisting that I should only have H1B visa to work. At the end of 30 minutes, he said he will check with his manager and come back.

I followed up after a few days, but never saw a reply from him. I feel sad that I lost an amazing opportunity because of an uneducated recruiter.

I do not believe that Capital One discriminate in recruitment process but I know this recruiter definitely discriminated against me.

Interview Questions
    • What is your work authorization? I do not think that you can work using EAD card. :( :(   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Referral

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such but I did a mistake by not listening to the interviewer's question properly and concluding prematurely.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Old Kanpur
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Kanpur

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Case study round

Interview Questions
    • If you want to buy a car, which is better option diesel or petrol?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Capital One in November 2013.

From the university, after 45mins test, Case interview with a simple case. Easy Math and very basic common sense

Interview Questions
    • Technical reason why petrol car needs less service than diesel model   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capital One.

I had a senior working at Capital One and so had a rough idea about the work there. Also I did attend Capital One’s pre-placement talk.

Make sure you do attend the pre placement talk. That way you will get to know about the company and the kind of work you would be expected to do if you do get selected.

Interview Questions
    • This case focused on the break even analysis of a telecom company. The data given was the cost to company for a call (on a per minute basis), fixed price paid by the customer for the first 10 minutes and the price paid per minute of usage thereafter.   Answer Question

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!