Capital One Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
1,553 Interview Reviews

3.2

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was apti which consisted of 10 JavaScript questions. It was easy. The second round was F2F interview, technical round. But did not ask anything from JavaScript or PHP. Just some logical questions.Don't understand what they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• To reverse a string without using reverse keyword.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One (Mumbai) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 4 rounds.
    Round 1 :- Typical Data Interpretation round with 35 quantitative questions to answer in 30 minutes.
    Round 2 :- Case Study . The first question was to evaluate the profitability of a credit card among the two segments - transacters and revolvers. Followed by a marketing analysis of these cards.
    Round 3:- Develop a marketing strategy for these cards.
    Round 4:- Personality Interview .

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

DI round - 30 questions in 35 minutes followed by multiple case study rounds. The DI round was of moderate difficulty - CAT level questions. The next round was a mini case on microlending. I could not clear this round.

Principal Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in January 2015.

Interview

Initial DI test: Simple math questions based on looking at graphs. Key is to be able to read graphs at first/second glance without mistake and speed. Calculator is allowed.

Test is followed by a series of case rounds (2 to 4 rounds depending on what am not sure) on the quantitative side which need a very slight sprinkling of strategy concepts but more importantly common sense.
    In the case, you will be given figures if you ask for them. Since you will mostly be evaluating profit/breakeven, it isn’t too difficult to work out what to ask for usually. Each round is an elimination round.

Round2, Case1: Rural lending case. Is it profitable in a couple of simple scenarios with numbers given?
    Round3, Case2: Credit card case. Transacters Vs Revolvers. Who is more profitable? How much should the spend for former be so that they are just as profitable as latter?
    Round4, Case3: Online food retail case. If food is not delivered hot, its free Vs discounted. Which to choose?
    Round5, Case4: Telecom case. There’s a telecom plan with a fixed tariff until a time and then charged an amount per minute. Will you launch such a plan?

Last case tripped me up. Didn’t realize that people who only have long calls to make will opt for it and they will keep cutting the calls as soon as the fixed tariff is done to redial. It is highly unlikely the plan will make a profit. This simple logic escaped me during the discussion which came at the end of an entire day in their office without food giving one interview after the next. No offer. My loss certainly but their loss too perhaps? I'd like to hope so. If I had cleared Round5, there would have been a HR round. I am unable to enlighten you about it seeing as I haven’t gone through it.

I am giving the interview process a difficult rating not because any/some of the questions were particularly difficult but because it was a long drawn process that lasted from morning till end of the day and was completely exhausting.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any especially difficult questions posed.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Campus Placement :
    1. There was a test on Data Interpretation. 30 questions in 35 mins. I answered 27.
    2. Interview: There were three rounds-2 case interviews and one behavioral. One case was on credit cards and whether to introduce payback or not. Another one is use of postal service by Capital One. It is related to US postal service and Courier with certain constraints. In behavioral interview, the interviewer asked three situations to which you have to narrate a life experience.

Interview Questions

• Postal service case was a bit difficult but interviewer guides you nicely.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is fixed beforehand since it is campus placement.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One (Roorkee).

Interview

I applied when they came for recruitment at my college.
    First round was a written test that was completely on Data Interpretation. 30 questions in 30 mins and all the questions were based on the same data set and the difficulty level was medium to high.
    Next was a case study round, wherein I was asked to come up with ideas to run a taxi business and later scale it up. A numerical problem to find break even point also followed.
    In the next case study (in-depth), case was on rural lending business. There was another case study round where he explained the insurance business model and I had to increase the profits. I was asked to create charts (revenue vs death probability,application acceptance rate) and then questions were asked from charts that the interviewer made.

Interview Questions

• Would you charge high or low rates of interest from low-income farmers?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One (Bangalore).

Interview

written test-speed math. calculators allowed, they just want to check if u can come up to the pressure. lot of questions very less time.
    three rounds of interview
    -case study(one on one case study question- numerical oriented)
    -puzzles(simple math puzzles that we do in grade 10)
    -case study(again one on one case study question- numerical oriented)
    everyround is an elimination round

Interview Questions

• case study questions are very numerical oriented. answers have to be very accurate   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One (Kharagpur, West Bengal) in December 2014.

Interview

A written test of 30 Data Interpretation Questions in 35 minutes. High score is required to clear it. This is followed by 2-3 Case interviews and a Behavioral interview as clearly mentioned on the company's website. The interviewers seemed like cool people which gave a good impression about the company. The Case interviews are mostly numerical based and are pretty easy. Its important for you to be calm during the interviews and avoid calculations mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Marketing Campaign for improving profitability from credit cards.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The company initially shortlisted the candidates on the basis of resume. The candidates were then required to clear a written (offline) test. The test mainly comprised of Data Interpretation questions. After the test were Case Interviews. The duration of interview was roughly 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were quite general, mainly related to banking. So there was nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Round 1
    Test on Data Interpretation involving pie charts, graphs and tables. 30 questions are to be done in 35 minutes. They just check speed and accuracy,
    Round 2
    A small calculation-intensive case interview on starting the loan business in a small town by getting the loan from bank

Interview Questions

• There were not any surprises or hard questions on the case. They just provide different scenarios to calculate profitability in each case.   Answer Question