Cargill

Updated 25 Feb 2015

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill in March 2008.

Through my friend I have applied for a suitable position in the company. Very soon in a week I got the offer of interview. I attend the interview with very interestingly. I said good mornin to all. The interviewing committee accepted me very happily. In the head office a four people committe was in interview group including M.D, CGM and HR Manager. The Chief General manager asked me eight questions about my subjects. I answered for almost all except one. He also asked about my back grounds. I gave smooth answeres for his questions. Also HR Manager asked some questions about my background and salary negotiation. I answered smoothly. The interviewing committe was very pleasant about me. I said thanks for all and went out side. After one week I got the offer letter for the position I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • What is reverse osmosis? and in reverse osmosis whether the liquid flows from higher media to lower media or from lower media to higher media? a second PU question was not expected by me and kept me in a confusion.   View Answer
    I negotiate salary in the companies. In case if a candidate ask salary, the company will offer more than our expectation or as per company norms sometimes. So the option is to give negotiable for the salary option is better as per my opinion.

Trainee Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill in February 2008.

It was a Campus Interview, had two shortlisting group processes. And then 2 Panel Interviews. 4-6 panelists, very warm and not at all old school.
    They were looking for somebody who understood, life of a trader rather than the technicality of the business. Also judge a person on 3 counts

- Ability to think on feet and turn around the tables

- How much pressure does a person take in their life/ or tends overcommits - they are not looking for a workaholic

- Problem solving ability (this is the screening in the group process)

Interview Questions
    • Do you drink your alcohol in one gulp or take your time? (from a female interviewer)   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

The interview started with a lunch and a large group of people from different roles. Next there was an hour long behavioral interview session asking the standard questions. Last was a case study where I had to act as project manager on an upcoming project and go through how I would approach the problem and what the major constraints would be.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or classmate.   Answer Question

Feed Store Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Took a couple weeks to get contacted for a phone interview.

Phone interview was simple, basic interview questions. When I finished with the initial interview, I had high hopes, but never received a call back or any type of notification from Cargill.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cargill.

panel interviews, sometimes with two or three panels. If prepared, interview process could be good, however, interviewers were not always relevant to the position (not the hiring manager or area of company) Not full understanding by interviewers of role.

good

Production Supervisor Interview

Culture was great and there were 3 rounds of interviews with 2 people each time. General behavioral type questions. There was a plant tour and then a powerpoint and then the interviews. There are waiting periods in between interviews where you get to talk to other "stockholders" to ask questions.

Contract Desk Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Fairly easy; speaking Spanish is a must. I had several rounds with HR and the hiring manager. One of the interviews was in Spanish the entire time. The company is very fair and has very good benefits. They do provide employees with a good work life balance and they seem like they care. It's definitely a great company to work for!!

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty run of the mill though it took a few rounds   Answer Question

Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill in January 2015.

I applied through my school career fair and was offered an interview the very next morning. I actually did not hear back from them for a while. I got an email a few weeks later, I received an email saying that the plant that I applied for is full, but my application is still being considered if they could find an opening. Having been interviewed so many times and been told the same thing, I did not have any hope that was going to happen. As I was about to cross Cargill off my calendar. However, 2 weeks later, a recruiter from another plant emailed me and said they want me to come to the plant for a 2nd interview. I was so excited and they even paid for all my traveling expenses.

The 2nd interview was fairly long. I got there at 8:30AM. They gave me a short plant tour (around an hour). There were 5 people interviewed me (an hour each person), ranging from superintendent to HR manager and QA manager. I left the plant at 3:00PM.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly typical interview questions. Like just look up 50 most asked questions and probably half of the questions are on there. The most frequent question was why do you want to work for Cargill, so make sure you know why.   View Answer
    The salary was fixed, no negotiation here

Production Management Engineer Co-Op Interview

I first saw Cargill at a career fair held at my school. To be honest I didn't even know what Cargill was at first but I went up to the booth anyway. I handed them my resume, did my elevator speech (30 seconds of rounding up your accomplishments and goals), and was offered an interview the following morning. Surprised I accepted and the next morning went to the interview.

The interview was comprised of two separate interviews. The first one I met with one person and went through basic information, i.e. my grade, GPA, year I will graduate, and some classes I have already taken. After that I was sent to the next interview of 2 or 3 other people to dive deeper into my interest in Cargill. They asked why I wanted to work there, what is my 5 year plan, and other questions to figure out my roles in groups or what I would do if I was in a leadership role. I was sure my interview didn't go well, but I still asked when I should here back from them. After about a week or two I received a call from HR saying I got the job! Therefore I hope you don't have a heart attack like I did and that this experience helps you for your future endeavors :)

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question from this interview was "Describe a time you made a quick decision and explain the outcomes of that decision". My mind went blank! I have never been asked that before, and I am the type of person to rarely make a decision without thinking of the pros/cons and possible consequences. To buy some time I made a joke but I still was at a loss for words. I said something really stupid about going to visit home at the last minute. My advice is come up with a solid answer and you will impress them immensely.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Very slow interview process and status/follow up may not be provided. Seemed to be an environment in which it was like an extraordinary kind of sitatuation to be having an interview with the company, the company didn't seem progressive at all but instead slow and homogenous and more than okay with it

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at something and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question