Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainee Trader Interview

Trainee Trader
Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in February 2008.

Interview Details It was a Campus Interview, had two shortlisting group processes. And then 2 Panel Interviews. 4-6 panelists, very warm and not at all old school.
They were looking for somebody who understood, life of a trader rather than the technicality of the business. Also judge a person on 3 counts

- Ability to think on feet and turn around the tables

- How much pressure does a person take in their life/ or tends overcommits - they are not looking for a workaholic

- Problem solving ability (this is the screening in the group process)

Interview Question – Do you drink your alcohol in one gulp or take your time? (from a female interviewer)   View Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in March 2008.

Interview Details Through my friend I have applied for a suitable position in the company. Very soon in a week I got the offer of interview. I attend the interview with very interestingly. I said good mornin to all. The interviewing committee accepted me very happily. In the head office a four people committe was in interview group including M.D, CGM and HR Manager. The Chief General manager asked me eight questions about my subjects. I answered for almost all except one. He also asked about my back grounds. I gave smooth answeres for his questions. Also HR Manager asked some questions about my background and salary negotiation. I answered smoothly. The interviewing committe was very pleasant about me. I said thanks for all and went out side. After one week I got the offer letter for the position I interviewed for.

Interview Question – What is reverse osmosis? and in reverse osmosis whether the liquid flows from higher media to lower media or from lower media to higher media? a second PU question was not expected by me and kept me in a confusion.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiate salary in the companies. In case if a candidate ask salary, the company will offer more than our expectation or as per company norms sometimes. So the option is to give negotiable for the salary option is better as per my opinion.

Commodity Trader Interview

Commodity Trader
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Talent management group were not official employees of Cargill, which seemed rather odd to have contract employees doing this function but nevertheless interviews eventually brought direct communication with real employees. Questions focused a lot on cultural fit, especially team compatibility, and then separately individual strengths. They clearly focused also on prior salary levels and had some rather strict rules to keep job offers within a tight range around the prior salaries.

Interview Question – Asking how I would deal with managers who were quite hands-on to the point of micromanagement of the responsibilities in the job I was applying for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was nearly zero negotiation possible.

Electrician Interview

Electrician

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Got a call to interview. Went in and spoke to the electrical supervisor and head of maintenance. Was asked some basic electrical questions and my troubleshooting experiences. Head of maintenance hand drew a schematic and asked questions about it.

Very Easy Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Questions asked by management were not tricky or hard. They were very easy and anyone who could graduate from high school would be able to answer them with success.

Interview Question – None like I said above nothing difficult about questions.   Answer Question

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst Interview

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in June 2012.

Interview Details Extensive, detailed, structured. Had 5 intervidews, 2 were with HR. The other 3 all used the same interview form which held various groups of questions. Some were asked in more than one interview and others were new each time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a manager or co-worker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, received all I asked for on first round.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cargill in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied on their website for a job they had posted online. It took about 2 months to hear back from them. After they contacted me, the process moved very quickly. I had a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager a sew days later. They immediately set up on on-site interview which was about 4 hours long. Everyone was very kind and helpful through the whole thing. It was fairly laid back while also being professional. I received an offer the next week.

Interview Question – Do you think honesty is important? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I had listed for my salary requirements and the benefits, paid time off, etc. were all very generous, so I did not negotiate.

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Financial Management Trainee

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details I applied through an HR agency. The first step was a GMAT style testing. Upon the successful completion of this stage, I participated in an assessment center, along with 9 other candidates. The next step was an interview with the Finance controller and one of the top managers of the company. I stopped at this stage, but I understand that there would have been another interview with the CEO and CFO.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, they put a lot of accent on motivation and desire to work within the company.   Answer Question

Senior IT Technical Analyst Interview

Senior IT Technical Analyst
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

Interview Details I applied online on a Tuesday and was contacted next day for an interview on Thursday. I was presented with an offer by end of day the following Monday.

Interview Question – There were some difficult technical questions related to my field   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy for me, they made a fair initial offer, I asked for additional paid vacation and they accepted.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
Mechelen (Belgium)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details A very unpleasant experience. How else could you define to be interviewed by top managers who have not spent a single minute reading your resume BEFORE the interview actually takes place? Arrogant attitude (a kind of "we are the best of the best") and unfair comments ("if someone is not hyper competent in his field he is not going to last much time here with us").

Interview Question – Standard interview questions, be aware that they already have a "right" answer in mind, so there are chances that you be interrupted several times because you are giving them the "right" answer...   Answer Question

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!