Cargill

144 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainee Trader Interview

Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in February 2008.

Interview Details It was a Campus Interview, had two shortlisting group processes. And then 2 Panel Interviews. 4-6 panelists, very warm and not at all old school.
They were looking for somebody who understood, life of a trader rather than the technicality of the business. Also judge a person on 3 counts

- Ability to think on feet and turn around the tables

- How much pressure does a person take in their life/ or tends overcommits - they are not looking for a workaholic

- Problem solving ability (this is the screening in the group process)

Interview Question – Do you drink your alcohol in one gulp or take your time? (from a female interviewer)   View Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in March 2008.

Interview Details Through my friend I have applied for a suitable position in the company. Very soon in a week I got the offer of interview. I attend the interview with very interestingly. I said good mornin to all. The interviewing committee accepted me very happily. In the head office a four people committe was in interview group including M.D, CGM and HR Manager. The Chief General manager asked me eight questions about my subjects. I answered for almost all except one. He also asked about my back grounds. I gave smooth answeres for his questions. Also HR Manager asked some questions about my background and salary negotiation. I answered smoothly. The interviewing committe was very pleasant about me. I said thanks for all and went out side. After one week I got the offer letter for the position I interviewed for.

Interview Question – What is reverse osmosis? and in reverse osmosis whether the liquid flows from higher media to lower media or from lower media to higher media? a second PU question was not expected by me and kept me in a confusion.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiate salary in the companies. In case if a candidate ask salary, the company will offer more than our expectation or as per company norms sometimes. So the option is to give negotiable for the salary option is better as per my opinion.

Process Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details Are you eligible to work in United States?

Interview Question – Are you eligible to work in United States?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details I applied for a position I found on Indeed and within a week or two was contacted for a phone interview. I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR -- very basic HR phone interview. After that, I interviewed in person with a team of about 6 managers. I had four 45 minute interviews with either 1-2 people at a time. Most of the interviewers were very laid back and not intimating. There was one person that asked me several behavioral based questions. Within two days of interviewing, they made me an offer.

Interview Question – When was a time you put yourself in a challenging or uncomfortable situation for your own personal development?   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the position in fall of my senior year of college after speaking with a recruiter at a job fair. I had an hour long onsite interview with two representatives from the quality department that was almost entirely behavioral based questions. I then was asked to attend an onsite interview event. The event was held in October at a hotel local to a plant and spanned 2 days. At this event, there were at least two dozen other candidates. We networked with several Cargill employees over meals, information sessions, and a tour of the site. There were two hour-long interviews with Cargill employees at the end of the event. A few weeks later, I received an offer but was not given a location. I provided my top three choices and had to accept the position on good faith. For university recruiting for this position, in my case, at least, you are not told which plant you will work at until the spring. I found out in March where I would be moving that May to begin working. The drug test could not be administered until after the location was given, so this came ~four months after the job was accepted.

Interview Question – This is a technical question asked of food science students: Tell me about the most technical or complex piece of equipment you have used and how you would operate it.   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Quick process but very dependent of the action of the manager, the corporate HR has greater involvement in the proportion of opening given by the leader of the business unit, so, leadership change, processes change. Internal contact, even without proximity, help to enter the process, selection depends less of networking than other companies of similar size, but is also key

Interview Question – About change and interaction. The greatest difficulty of Cia is to overcome the lack or inefficiency of processes in many areas and the feeling present in many people that changes are needed. There are many people at Cargill in Brazil does not yet realize that efficiency is increasingly important, more than the home time, including some interviewers   View Answer

Commercial Trainee Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in November 2013.

Interview Details Telephone interview: behavior questions
Group activity: discuss in a group of around 10 over a non-technical topic
Assessment day: trading game + final interview

Interview Question – How do you compare yourself to other candidates?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Was a very bizarre experience. Submitted resume and received call back. Then had to go online and submit a ridiculous arduous online application on buggy website. Phone interview with HR. In person interview with hiring supervisor. HR froze the position for weeks then out of the blue called back to make an offer. Wish I would have never taken the position as less than one year into Cargill is outsource all of it's IT infrastructure to India...

Interview Question – If your trained in the position you're applying for nothing was difficult or unexpected. Standard questions for IT Analyst   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Increase pay by asking for offer closer to initial salary requirement question... Cargill tried to low ball me in my first offer.

Senior IT Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details phone screen, website application, 3 interviews

Interview Question – most interview questions are straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward, limited options

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Very professional and smooth.

Interview Question – How long will be with the company.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cargill

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cargill interview questions and advice. All 144 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Cargill employees and interview candidates.