Cargill Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill (Bangalore) in March 2008.

Interview

Through my friend I have applied for a suitable position in the company. Very soon in a week I got the offer of interview. I attend the interview with very interestingly. I said good mornin to all. The interviewing committee accepted me very happily. In the head office a four people committe was in interview group including M.D, CGM and HR Manager. The Chief General manager asked me eight questions about my subjects. I answered for almost all except one. He also asked about my back grounds. I gave smooth answeres for his questions. Also HR Manager asked some questions about my background and salary negotiation. I answered smoothly. The interviewing committe was very pleasant about me. I said thanks for all and went out side. After one week I got the offer letter for the position I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What is reverse osmosis? and in reverse osmosis whether the liquid flows from higher media to lower media or from lower media to higher media? a second PU question was not expected by me and kept me in a confusion.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiate salary in the companies. In case if a candidate ask salary, the company will offer more than our expectation or as per company norms sometimes. So the option is to give negotiable for the salary option is better as per my opinion.

Trainee Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill (Delhi) in February 2008.

Interview

It was a Campus Interview, had two shortlisting group processes. And then 2 Panel Interviews. 4-6 panelists, very warm and not at all old school.
    They were looking for somebody who understood, life of a trader rather than the technicality of the business. Also judge a person on 3 counts

- Ability to think on feet and turn around the tables

- How much pressure does a person take in their life/ or tends overcommits - they are not looking for a workaholic

- Problem solving ability (this is the screening in the group process)

Interview Questions

• Do you drink your alcohol in one gulp or take your time? (from a female interviewer)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I applied online, after 2+ months someone contacted me for a phone interview 2 weeks out. The phone interview was great - the women was really nice and it was mainly going over my resume and any questions I had. It wasn't hard at all and I hung up thinking it went really well based on her response that "it was really great talking with me and she would be in touch by the end of the week if not sooner for sure". Three weeks later (even after calling myself to get an update) I finally got the auto generated thanks, but no thanks email. I was really disappointed based on how well our conversation went, how many people I knew at the company and how she said my background fit really well for the position...still not sure what to think about it all.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a phone interview she was mainly trying to get a feel for my background and why I wanted to work for Cargill.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus for a internship in the fall of my junior year of college. The internship was 3 months during the summer between my junior and senior years. Towards the end of the internship they notify all the interns if they want them back for a full time job. You don't actually get placed within a business unit until the spring of your senior year, but they guarantee you a job. There was no interview once I was placed so the only real interview I had was the on-campus one for an internship, although of course the internship is a extended interview for a full time position.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Phone interview was the first screening method. Asked general and specific questions such as why are you interested in this position. The next few steps of the process is to do a second interview in which they would fly you in on site and speak with the hiring manager directly.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tissue culture and how did you troubleshoot a problem you experienced with tissue culture.   Answer Question

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cargill (Memphis, TN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with HR rep, then immediate hiring manager, then department head. Very professional atmosphere and very polite and informative. Helped ease the interview tension. All three people began with describing their specifics roles within the company and went into great detail about the requirements for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table that other applicants wouldn't   Answer Question

Factory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hereford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cargill (Hereford, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute telephone interview at stage 1. On line personality test, had to repeat as results not saved the first time. Factory tour with first line manager, creating the opportunity to understand the challenges better. Then a one and a half hour interview with the Human Resources Manager & Ops Manager.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. The interviewer was nice and easy to have a discussion with about my qualifications and the jobs requirements. The interview process was more of a get to know the candidate type of interview. It was laid back for the most part and seemed like just another conversation but I had to remember that this was an interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you bring to the table that will better Cargill?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The interview started with a lunch and a large group of people from different roles. Next there was an hour long behavioral interview session asking the standard questions. Last was a case study where I had to act as project manager on an upcoming project and go through how I would approach the problem and what the major constraints would be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or classmate.   Answer Question

Feed Store Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get contacted for a phone interview.

Phone interview was simple, basic interview questions. When I finished with the initial interview, I had high hopes, but never received a call back or any type of notification from Cargill.