Carnival Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

DCDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in December 2011.

very simple dont take stress go freely and give answer as arise by interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • No, nothing go freely without worry interviewer would meet you very friendly and franke.   Answer Question
    no it wouldn't happen with me.

Commis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Margaon
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Margaon

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

getting hired for carnival is not very difficult.
    all you need is any course in hotel management and few years of work experience of at least 2 years.
    it is more easy in phillipines where umbrella repairers,shoe polish guys are picked up from the streets and given jobs with only their plus point being they can speak some english.

Interview Questions
    • how many years are you willing to work for carnival if given a chance?   View Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2008.

hiring is usually done by manning agencies in the respective countries.candidates should locate the manning agencies in their countries and request for a interview schedule.the carnival representatives visit the respective interviews to conduct interviews and short list the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • the interview questions are usually related to ur job so cant list them.   Answer Question
    negotiations are usually not possible with carnival.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Totally disappointed, Online interview process took two hours including training and a mock call center. The answers to the mock customer are not even anything that a Customer Service Rep would ever say to a customer. Without even talking to a live person I was "not the ideal candidate" What a waste of my time that I could have used to find other employment.

Interview Questions
    • Training for a Mock Customer Call Center was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Guest Logistics Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Called and told me what I'll be doing and how much the pay and if I was interested then told me to bring my ssc and I.d. I then went in for an interview and was offered the job and signed papers the same day

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to work for carnival cruise and tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    None $9.00 an hour no medical benefits but there is cruise benefits

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Went to an open house at Carnival headquarters and was given a number. When my group of numbers was called about 10 of us went into a room and we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves everyone. Every spoke for about one minute and at the end of the interview they asked us to step out of the room. Out of my group of 10, two were chosen. Unfortunately I was not chosen.

Outbound Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miramar, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in July 2014.

There was an open house in which all of us watch a video that explains the job duties. After that you are called in groups of 10 and you have to introduce yourself and explain to two or three managers why you are the perfect fit. If you are one of the three selected, you will get an interview that same day.

Interview Questions
    • The only question was to explain why are you a perfect fit for the job   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Hiring process took less than two months. The Interview was fast approximately 5 minutes, questions were so simple, about my personality. No need to be nervous or ashamed, don't panic just be calm and be prepared. The interviewer was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you apply for this job position when you have so much education and great experience in your country?   Answer Question

Direct Sales Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

I paid for the training so that I could work for Carnival. The training was around $250.00. I completed the training and passed the class. I then went into customer service and trained over into direct sales.

Entertainment Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in March 2014.

I submitted my resume through a Canadian recruiter (cast-a-way), and was contacted for an initial skype interview about a month later. After that went well, I was invited to meet with the Carnival hiring team who happened to be hosting a group interview session in my city a couple weeks later.

It was a full day event, the morning started with an orientation about life on board and expectations, then we played games in front of the group to get a sense of our personalities and public speaking abilities, and finally we met one-on-one with Carnival representatives.

They asked us to bring with us a current resume, a copy of our passport, two letters of reference, background check, and any relevant degrees.

After I was told of my acceptance, I was required to complete a very thorough medical (physical, blood, urine) which cost me $500.

Once I was given the final go-ahead, someone from Carnival contacted me to help with onboarding.

Between submitting resume to first day on the job, six months.

Overall, the interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • We were divided into groups and asked to come up with fake definitions to a word (a la Balderdash) and present them to the group.   Answer Question
    There's little room to negotiate. You start as an entry level employee and if you want to make a career of it, need to work your way up.

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!