Carnival Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

DCDP Interview

Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details very simple dont take stress go freely and give answer as arise by interviewer.

Interview Question – No, nothing go freely without worry interviewer would meet you very friendly and franke.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no it wouldn't happen with me.

Commis Interview

Margaon

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details getting hired for carnival is not very difficult.
all you need is any course in hotel management and few years of work experience of at least 2 years.
it is more easy in phillipines where umbrella repairers,shoe polish guys are picked up from the streets and given jobs with only their plus point being they can speak some english.

Interview Question – how many years are you willing to work for carnival if given a chance?   View Answer

Cook Interview

Cook
Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2008.

Interview Details hiring is usually done by manning agencies in the respective countries.candidates should locate the manning agencies in their countries and request for a interview schedule.the carnival representatives visit the respective interviews to conduct interviews and short list the candidates.

Interview Question – the interview questions are usually related to ur job so cant list them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiations are usually not possible with carnival.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Question – Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Miramar, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Question – Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Question – Can you work nights?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

Interviewed at Carnival Corporation

Interview Details They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Question – I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Question – What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Team Waiter Interview

Team Waiter

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details It took like 2 years to get a job for Carnival cruise lines

Interview Question – What is the name of that island?, ther are like 1,000 islands   Answer Question

Shore Excursions Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details The interview process can be very long. Interviews could only be made by senior managers, no video conferences were implemented on board the ships for a better communication between staff on board and shore side employees.

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult. I guess you just have to be prepared and be very enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carnival Corporation

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carnival Corporation interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Carnival Corporation employees and interview candidates.