Caterpillar

Updated 13 Dec 2014
Updated 13 Dec 2014

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar.

It was an on campus recruitment. It consisted of a written test , then gd then interview.
    In electronics side, in written exam technical question consisted of ques from C, C++, OOPS, DL, analog, then a quants section and verbal section. Verbal was quite tough. GD topic was safety and innovation in technology.

Interview Questions
    • they gave me an expression and asked me to implement it using flip flop.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caterpillar.

I applied through online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2014.

There were 3 different interviews: All the rounds happened in same day but interview duration time took almost 4 hours.
    - Usual resume interview followed by technical interview.
    - STAR interviews-Behavioral interview and Project technical discussion (Describe me a time where
      you failed, where you had trouble with a team member,where you were wrong and project
      deliveries) duration of this round consisting of 2 hours.
    - Managerial interview with US managers and followed by HR discussion
      Overall experience was good and entire interview process and approval of offer completed within a
      week..

Engineering Technical Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar.

There were several rounds - 1st one screening to understand my profile, 2nd technical round on application programming from US, 3rd again technical on application programming from US, 3rd and 4th behavioral on scenarios, how I handle various situations etc. rounds. 5th managerial on my approach to build teams etc. then no news :)

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were not tough and were reasonable. However, the recruiters are quite unprofessional, never update on the next round even when you are appearing for senior leadership positions. During F2F interview, the recruiter was laid back, never spoke. Very transactional. It was very disappointing experience as I love the brand caterpillar since my childhood. Very very disappointed and would only recommend if you don't have any other choice! They do not have the courtesy to even respond to your emails..   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

in selection process first test would be skill test .once it get clear, another round will be face to face to face.in face to face they will ask core questions related to your background

ask more salary

Associate Engineer Interview

3 rounds

Monitoring Systems Software Developer Interview

None of the questions were technical. They test for consistency, your motivation level and usage of few words when you speak. They let you speak a lot and make note of the specific words you used.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part is I had 3 levels and all three levels were the same question. So being consistent to the detail was difficult all the three times.   Answer Question

I got a better offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in February 2014.

Caterpillar Inc started their recruitment process with a presentation on what they have to offer, what they expect and where they stand globally. Following which, i made my mind that i'm going to give my 100% to get into such a good organisation.
    Recruitment Process:-

1. Written test :- Best paper I've given so far. Excellent mixture of aptitude questions, some subjective questions, technical questions along with few questions on coding. Questions were challenging. It was fun.

2. Group discussion :- Two topics were given. "Hard work or Smart Work" and surprisingly, "Cloud computing :Pros and Cons".

3. Personal Interview :- If you've done good projects and you are thorough with everything you have on your resume, you definitely have an edge over the others. Explain your projects thoroughly. There were some other technical questions, not so challenging though.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected thing was the second group discussion topic. "Cloud Computing". May be it's justified, because only CS and IT branches were allowed for the recruitment process.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

There was a written round comprising of Aptitude and technical questions, followed by a group discussion of the written round shortlisted candidates.
    Then a 2-3 panel interview about our work in the past 4-5 years, it was a technical plus HR round

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to explain difference between a normal micro processor and an arduino one   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2013.

Basically, for the first round, questions were related to coding, general aptitude, and verbal aptitude. Good thing is that there was no writing of snippets but just MCQs. Coding questions section was of most importance, where a single, lengthy code was given and the output was to be guessed for different statements given.
    The second round was GD. Actually seems easy but this is the round where they downsized the shortlisted people into half.
    The last round was HR. Make sure you know all about the projects you have mentioned in the resume, because they pose questions only based on the information poured in there.

MPDP Interview

Written (Technical +Aptitude )
    GD