Caterpillar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Technical Team Leader Interview

Engineering Technical Team Leader
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details There were several rounds - 1st one screening to understand my profile, 2nd technical round on application programming from US, 3rd again technical on application programming from US, 3rd and 4th behavioral on scenarios, how I handle various situations etc. rounds. 5th managerial on my approach to build teams etc. then no news :)

Interview Question – Interviews were not tough and were reasonable. However, the recruiters are quite unprofessional, never update on the next round even when you are appearing for senior leadership positions. During F2F interview, the recruiter was laid back, never spoke. Very transactional. It was very disappointing experience as I love the brand caterpillar since my childhood. Very very disappointed and would only recommend if you don't have any other choice! They do not have the courtesy to even respond to your emails..   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Manufacturing Engineer I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details in selection process first test would be skill test .once it get clear, another round will be face to face to face.in face to face they will ask core questions related to your background

Interview Question – all related to the manufacturing engineering   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ask more salary

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

Interview Details 3 rounds

Interview Question – Differentiate yourself from the other team members   Answer Question

Monitoring Systems Software Developer Interview

Monitoring Systems Software Developer

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details None of the questions were technical. They test for consistency, your motivation level and usage of few words when you speak. They let you speak a lot and make note of the specific words you used.

Interview Question – The difficult part is I had 3 levels and all three levels were the same question. So being consistent to the detail was difficult all the three times.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer

Intern Interview

Intern
Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2014.

Interview Details Caterpillar Inc started their recruitment process with a presentation on what they have to offer, what they expect and where they stand globally. Following which, i made my mind that i'm going to give my 100% to get into such a good organisation.
Recruitment Process:-

1. Written test :- Best paper I've given so far. Excellent mixture of aptitude questions, some subjective questions, technical questions along with few questions on coding. Questions were challenging. It was fun.

2. Group discussion :- Two topics were given. "Hard work or Smart Work" and surprisingly, "Cloud computing :Pros and Cons".

3. Personal Interview :- If you've done good projects and you are thorough with everything you have on your resume, you definitely have an edge over the others. Explain your projects thoroughly. There were some other technical questions, not so challenging though.

Interview Question – Most unexpected thing was the second group discussion topic. "Cloud Computing". May be it's justified, because only CS and IT branches were allowed for the recruitment process.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chennai

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2013.

Interview Details Basically, for the first round, questions were related to coding, general aptitude, and verbal aptitude. Good thing is that there was no writing of snippets but just MCQs. Coding questions section was of most importance, where a single, lengthy code was given and the output was to be guessed for different statements given.
The second round was GD. Actually seems easy but this is the round where they downsized the shortlisted people into half.
The last round was HR. Make sure you know all about the projects you have mentioned in the resume, because they pose questions only based on the information poured in there.

Interview Question – c,c++   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2012.

Interview Details shortlisted from aptitude test and then conducted interview..the team for recruitment process shortlisted people who dint take part in aptitude test also.

Interview Question – why did u chose this company   Answer Question

MPDP Interview

MPDP

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details Written (Technical +Aptitude )
GD
PI

Interview Question – Why we should not hire you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation Campus

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in May 2011.

Interview Details 3 technical and 5 manager rounds

Negotiation Details – Not negotiated.They have given good salary

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Caterpillar in December 2011.

Interview Details The first shortlist was purely on the basis of CGPA followed by a technical+aptitude test. The technical part consisted of question from design, IC-Engine, Fluid control, Manufacturing and production engg.
The aptitude part consisted of English and Quants. English was of good standard. Synonyms were asked. Quant was fairly simple.
This level was followed by a Group Discussion round. Around 7-8 students were selected for each group. The topics were related to current affairs and some were from psychological background.
After this round, there was personal interview. The panel asked questions on Finite Element, Stresses, vibration and Fracture Mechanics.

Interview Question – Nothing as such   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As I am a fresher, no negotiations were there.

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!