Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

One Telephonic technical round,one f2f technical round, 3 managerial rounds.all technical questions were easy, managerial round .all manager asked same question to check consistency of ur answers and patience .

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good Written test, Professional Gd and Normal interview. They will expect what exactly they need and good Knowledge on the field is expected. Open minded persons are expected. Panel interview, 2 on 1. Great a good impression is necessary. Good knowledge on project is must. hope for the best.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai).

Interview

It was an on campus recruitment. It consisted of a written test , then gd then interview.
    In electronics side, in written exam technical question consisted of ques from C, C++, OOPS, DL, analog, then a quants section and verbal section. Verbal was quite tough. GD topic was safety and innovation in technology.

Interview Questions

• they gave me an expression and asked me to implement it using flip flop.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Vellore) in November 2014.

Interview

I applies through university and the process was done in a day
    There were 3 rounds :
    A written round having aptitude , computer programming questions and verbal
    After that the students were shortlisted followed by the group discussion.
    After this round face to face interview technical interview was done

Interview Questions

• The interview questions will be specifically for the role they will be looking for. They will be keeping preference for your area of interest   Answer Question

Negotiation

Look for the full time jobs . They offer internships also

Systems Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

I applied through online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2014.

There were 3 different interviews: All the rounds happened in same day but interview duration time took almost 4 hours.
    - Usual resume interview followed by technical interview.
    - STAR interviews-Behavioral interview and Project technical discussion (Describe me a time where
      you failed, where you had trouble with a team member,where you were wrong and project
      deliveries) duration of this round consisting of 2 hours.
    - Managerial interview with US managers and followed by HR discussion
      Overall experience was good and entire interview process and approval of offer completed within a
      week..

Engineering Technical Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar (Bangalore).

Interview

There were several rounds - 1st one screening to understand my profile, 2nd technical round on application programming from US, 3rd again technical on application programming from US, 3rd and 4th behavioral on scenarios, how I handle various situations etc. rounds. 5th managerial on my approach to build teams etc. then no news :)

Interview Questions

• Interviews were not tough and were reasonable. However, the recruiters are quite unprofessional, never update on the next round even when you are appearing for senior leadership positions. During F2F interview, the recruiter was laid back, never spoke. Very transactional. It was very disappointing experience as I love the brand caterpillar since my childhood. Very very disappointed and would only recommend if you don't have any other choice! They do not have the courtesy to even respond to your emails..   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

in selection process first test would be skill test .once it get clear, another round will be face to face to face.in face to face they will ask core questions related to your background

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ask more salary

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds

Interview Questions

Interview

None of the questions were technical. They test for consistency, your motivation level and usage of few words when you speak. They let you speak a lot and make note of the specific words you used.

Interview Questions

• The difficult part is I had 3 levels and all three levels were the same question. So being consistent to the detail was difficult all the three times.   Answer Question

I got a better offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Chennai) in February 2014.

Interview

Caterpillar Inc started their recruitment process with a presentation on what they have to offer, what they expect and where they stand globally. Following which, i made my mind that i'm going to give my 100% to get into such a good organisation.
    Recruitment Process:-

1. Written test :- Best paper I've given so far. Excellent mixture of aptitude questions, some subjective questions, technical questions along with few questions on coding. Questions were challenging. It was fun.

2. Group discussion :- Two topics were given. "Hard work or Smart Work" and surprisingly, "Cloud computing :Pros and Cons".

3. Personal Interview :- If you've done good projects and you are thorough with everything you have on your resume, you definitely have an edge over the others. Explain your projects thoroughly. There were some other technical questions, not so challenging though.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected thing was the second group discussion topic. "Cloud Computing". May be it's justified, because only CS and IT branches were allowed for the recruitment process.   1 Answer