Cerner Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner.

out of 500 they shortlisted 130 candidates in the first aptitude round . it was so easy round . which consist of 6 to 8 aptitude questions more than 20 verbal and some of computer fundamentals .

then second round is hr round . they ask basic hr questions ( why , what , etc,.)

third round is the tec round, where they ask some puzzles and coding questions .

at last 10 people where selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Campus Recruitment - Intern position - Started with an Online Test which included Aptitude and Technical questions. The technical questions were mostly based on Software Engineering principles. Total of 50 questions in 60 minutes. 130 were shortlisted out of 450, and were sent for HR Interviews. Basic questions like why Cerner, why did you pursue engineering etc. Candidates clearing the HR round were sent for Technical Interviews. Questions ranging from Software Engineering concepts, basics of C/C++, data structures, OO concepts, projects, programming languages known and technologies worked on.

Interview Questions
    • Explain virtual functions and elaborate on how they help during object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

first round: online test, and it was very easy
    second round: HR... they will look in to communication skill and leadership quality by giving some situation and ask how will you manage that. only thing is be confident and calm.
    third round: immediately after HR round there will be technical round and will ask basic questions and ask about projects that you have mentioned in resume.

Intern Interview

Initially, there was an aptitude round consisting of 50 questions to be solved in 60 minutes. The questions were from Software Engineering, Aptitude and little bit of Electronics and OS. After that, there was a HR first and then Technical Round. There were eliminations after each round. Technical round consisted of questions like implement a chess board, sudoku etc. using oop concepts.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, It was a in campus offer,

Software Engineer Interview

3 ROUNDS.1st HR,2nd Technical,3rd Technical.HR round was 2 mins but both technical rounds were 15-20 mins each.It varies,for me it was like this.Very cool interviewer and they treat you really well.Be confident and answer.Thats all.

Software Engineer Interview

It includes both technical and behavior questions. About your achievements, strengths and weakness, what changes can you make etc.
    Checks overall skills in development and technology. It also evaluates your learning skills which is really valued and highly appreciated.

Software Engineer Interview

2 rounds of face to face technical interview. should be strong in concepts, technically bit sound. they provide you with various instances and test your analytical skills as well

My interview went for 2 hours , felt good

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner.

Campus Interview in Bangalore, India. Day started with a company presentation. Then a 1 - 2 hr written test (aptitude test). Those who qualified the written test, there was a group discussion round with a group size of 10 - 15 students.
    A topic was given to discuss for 20 - 30 minutes with 2 of of company members present in the room but "not evaluating anything". At the end, each student was given time to summarize the discussion which was supposed to be evaluated by the company representatives. The filtered list of students the went for personal interview.
    Personal Interview was simultaneously with 3 people, one each from development, testing and HR. I was given time at the end to ask questions.
    At the end of the (very long) day, they declared the list of qualified candidates - 5 out of 300 odd people who originally sat for the written test and handed over a offer later with an estimated date of joining.

Interview Questions
    • For the personal interview: Simple engineering level questions around programming, like C++ Pointers, String reversal algorithm etc. were asked. They were more interested in seeing the approach rather than code with correct syntax. Interviewers were friendly and nice.

Strange Qs:The testing guy wanted to ask about prerequisites from the clients in a project. I explained but I guess he wanted to hear the word "Requirements", commonly used in software maintenance and testing. Probably was strange for me as I thought it to be only a software developer interview but they were also looking for software test engineers.
        View Answers (2)
    No Negotiation. Fixed amount already known to all undergraduates before the interview process began.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

I applied thorough an employee referral and whole interview porcess took 3-4 weeks for this particular postion.
    the whole selection porcess was consisting of 5 rounds:
    1.Written Test
    2.Telephonic Interview(HR)
    3.Technical face-to-face interview 1
    4.Technical face-to-face interview 2
    5.Digital Interview
    I got the call for the written test on 10th march 2014,the written test was consisting of 2 parts: 1.Apti 2.Technical ...questions from Qunatitative Aptitude,Verbal Reasoning,Logical Reasoning,English were there in Apti ,and C/C++,DBMS,Data Structure,Java were there in technical.20 questions in Apti and 20 questions in Technical were there...time for the test was 1 hour...i felt that the test was quite lengthy..
    they told that results will declared after 2-3 days..those who will get the call they have to come for next round..
    but got the call from HR on 24th of March 2014,almost 30 min. of conversation happened,she asked some of the questuons like
    1.Tell me about yourself
    2.What are your current roles and responsibilties
    3.Why do you want to leave your current organization
    4.Have you ever taken in any initiatives
    5.How do you make a good rapport with the client?
    then she told to come down for an face-to-face interivew on 26th of March 2014
    On 26th of march face-to face interview happened,2 rounds were there,1st round lasted for 45 mins. and 2nd round i think for 50 min.Most of the questiuons were asked from my previous work experience.roles and responsibilites ,the module/domain i am working in ? and why do i want to join Cerner,why should they hire me? an so on..All in all it was a good conversation.
    On 10 of April i got a call from HR ,she told me to fill up a formal application form,and she sent me a link in my email id to complete the next round of interview and that was 'Digital Interview'...
    In this round,actually they are having an online application where digital interviews are taken for the candidate..so i had to arrange a webcam and a good quality microphone...once the interview was started in that app.5 questions were asked and we need to record our answer on the webcam...30 sec were given to prepare the answers and immediately after that recording was getting started for the question..for each question max. recording time for the answer was given 3 min..and total time for completing the test was given 10 min...5 questions and 10min.questions were simple and mostly HR and behvaioural questions.
    After two days HR called and told that i am selected..

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not that difficult,they asked questions from my previous work experience and domain knowledge i.e Healthcare IT...questions were asked like what is the difference between Q.A Server and the Test Server..simple technical questions were asked like ..what is dynamic memory allocation,questions from DBMS like Normalization and Joins..What is Waterfall Model and Agile model....What SDLC and STLC..How many defects have you raised in your current project..and so on..what is localization Testing(Globalization Testing)....How do you co-ordinate with other team members...   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation,i have accepted the offer!!!

Systems Engineer Interview

i had 6 rounds in all.. HR telephonic, technical telephonic, 2 technical face to face, managerial, HR. they where all conducted smoothly and in a very planned manner. all the rounds where related to the exp and the points mentioned on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • if you know what you have mentioned on ur resume, you should be good to go...   Answer Question

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!