Cerner

Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.6

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

I had applied for the position from a job board portal.
    After almost a month I received a call from the HR.
    She asked me few generic questions and scheduled the interview date after 2 days.

On the scheduled date make sure you are before time and neatly dressed, formal outfit(traditional/business).
    First round was a digital recorded English (verbal/ written- dictation, reading passage, writing passage,writing summary, sentence construction, answering to a question after listening a conversation etc)) test which had a cut off.
    On clearing the cut off I was called for technical interviews which were in two rounds. ( My personal view on this is that probably they wanted to cross verify the answers to check integrity of the associate. Not sure!)
    After first interview, I waited for hardly 10 minutes and I had my second interview.
    Then HR asked me to leave and wait for response from her via call or mail.

Interview questions were all related to the job description and my CV.
    There were situational questions as well.
    I believe I faired well except for few hiccups.

All in all the interview will not be a stressed/scary one if you know you work properly. Interviewers were highly experienced associates and more importantly, amicable.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some 40-50 questions in the two rounds. I have listed all that I could remember.

1- Say something about yourself / introduce yourself
      2- Why do you think you qualify for this job ?
      3- What do you know about the company?
      4- What is the company strength in India and globally ?
      5- Are you clear on the expectations from this position you are appearing for ?
      6- State a difficult situation in your career which you handled and How?
      7- How do you manage when one of your associates contests your negative feedback for him/her?
      8- How do you interact or co-ordinate with your associates?
      9- Were you involved in appraisal process? How did you go about doing the same?
      10- What kind of domains you have worked for?
      11- What were your roles and responsibilities in previous company?
      12- Why did you leave your company?
      13- State in one line why should you be selected.
      14- Has testing been boring for you ? How do you manage to motivate in a monotonous task?
      15- How was your rapport with your manager?
      16- How would you handle a situation where deadline slippage may happen but client is adamant of having delivery on the pre-decided date?
      17- Explain the various test environment(if any) you have worked on and types of testing done?
      18- Could you draw out on board the flow of a build from development until Go Live in your previous projects and explain?
      19- What tools have you worked on?
      20- How did you manage a release in HP QC? Could you tell how you used it?
      21- How do you maintain work and personal life balance?
      22- Have you been into any kind of scripting or Performance testing? Are you ready to learn given 3 to 6 months?
      23- State a major weakness in you that you can improve.
      24- What do you like about testing?
      25- How do you keep track of the latest trends in testing? If asked can you state some.
      26- You have not worked for healthcare. Why do you think you can manage?
      27- What process you follow when a new associate joins your team?
      28- What activities have you done pertaining to Resource Management?
      29- How do you go about doing Test Estimation and Test Planning?
      30- What kind of project models have you worked for ? Were you involved during Requirements Analysis phase?
      31- Where do you maintain the documents and how?
      32- What do you think is the best way to represent metrics to your manager / client? What have you done in your previous projects?
      33- What was the strength of the team you managed and were they located at one place?
      34- If you face certain Live issues how do you go about handling it?
      35- State a highlight in your career.
      36- Why do you want to take up this job?
      37- What is your career aim for the future?
      38- What do you prefer doing as your pass-time activities or hobbies?
      39- What have you done so that Live issues are not repeated?
      40- You have Lean Six Sigma certification. Do you think these can be applied for testing projects? State some points that you can apply?
      41- State some test design techniques you have used and why do you think it's useful?
      42- Have you suggested any performance improvement to your performance team for your application? What are those?
      43- When a bug/defect occurred in your testing how do you go about reporting it and what has been the defect fix turn around?
      44- Do you wish to ask anything?
      45- How do you think you performed in your first round of interview?

Hope this helps! All the best !

-Waiting for the result

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

2 rounds of technical interview. 1 HR
    Supposedly the 2 technical rounds are to weed out inconsistencies. Have see interviewers collude to get in people they want. But you are good you will most probably get through.
    Generally no coding questions are asked but theoretical technical questions are asked or scenario based questions

The salary range depends on the experience/ role. So make sure you fit into the bracket and they will accept.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner.

aptitude, HR and technical. nothing unexpected, easy technical questions and common Hr questions.
    they ask you about the language you are good at and ask basic questions in that subject. i was also asked about previous job exp and learning from your prev job. questions from unix etc

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, easy technical questions and common Hr questions   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner.

Started with verbal test at their facility. After clearing this there will be a multiple technical rounds to check the skills and expertise depending on the experience level and position on offer.

Software Developer Interview

hiring process was quit easy, they asked how to implement chess game using oops concept along with basic oops questions like polymorphism, abstraction, inheritance etc.. there were only 2 rounds 1 technical and 1 HR. all process went smoothly

Software Engineer Interview

There were three rounds. The first round was a written test and the next two were technical face-to-face interviews. It went pretty fine. They asked questions from my areas of interest and oops concepts. Be good with the fundas.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

I applied through Employee referral and there were 3 rounds of interview. Aptitude, Technical, Technical. The technical questions were simple. You may have to revise SQL and other database concepts, sorting algo., etc, i was asked to explain and implement bubblesort algo. After the interview process if u get selected there would be Online form sent to you on your mail.

Interview Questions

Cerner has gone deep into healthcare. So career prospects are not high as other companies. They'll pay you more. I had an another offer with a better domain, but with less pay than Cerner.

Test Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

First round was written consist of (C , mainly output question, time complexsity of heap sort, merge , bubble, then few question from aptitude and few english question),
    Second will be technical or hr (may be first hr or first tech), prepare well from resume , manual testing, sql query , c pgms (easy one).

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner.

out of 500 they shortlisted 130 candidates in the first aptitude round . it was so easy round . which consist of 6 to 8 aptitude questions more than 20 verbal and some of computer fundamentals .

then second round is hr round . they ask basic hr questions ( why , what , etc,.)

third round is the tec round, where they ask some puzzles and coding questions .

at last 10 people where selected.

Systems Engineer Interview

first round: online test, and it was very easy
    second round: HR... they will look in to communication skill and leadership quality by giving some situation and ask how will you manage that. only thing is be confident and calm.
    third round: immediately after HR round there will be technical round and will ask basic questions and ask about projects that you have mentioned in resume.