Cerner

Average Difficulty
606 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details It includes both technical and behavior questions. About your achievements, strengths and weakness, what changes can you make etc.
Checks overall skills in development and technology. It also evaluates your learning skills which is really valued and highly appreciated.

Interview Question – Behavior questions are not easy to answer always   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details 2 rounds of face to face technical interview. should be strong in concepts, technically bit sound. they provide you with various instances and test your analytical skills as well

My interview went for 2 hours , felt good

Interview Question – didnt feel anything most difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details Campus Interview in Bangalore, India. Day started with a company presentation. Then a 1 - 2 hr written test (aptitude test). Those who qualified the written test, there was a group discussion round with a group size of 10 - 15 students.
A topic was given to discuss for 20 - 30 minutes with 2 of of company members present in the room but "not evaluating anything". At the end, each student was given time to summarize the discussion which was supposed to be evaluated by the company representatives. The filtered list of students the went for personal interview.
Personal Interview was simultaneously with 3 people, one each from development, testing and HR. I was given time at the end to ask questions.
At the end of the (very long) day, they declared the list of qualified candidates - 5 out of 300 odd people who originally sat for the written test and handed over a offer later with an estimated date of joining.

Interview Question – For the personal interview: Simple engineering level questions around programming, like C++ Pointers, String reversal algorithm etc. were asked. They were more interested in seeing the approach rather than code with correct syntax. Interviewers were friendly and nice.

Strange Qs:The testing guy wanted to ask about prerequisites from the clients in a project. I explained but I guess he wanted to hear the word "Requirements", commonly used in software maintenance and testing. Probably was strange for me as I thought it to be only a software developer interview but they were also looking for software test engineers.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Fixed amount already known to all undergraduates before the interview process began.

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied thorough an employee referral and whole interview porcess took 3-4 weeks for this particular postion.
the whole selection porcess was consisting of 5 rounds:
1.Written Test
2.Telephonic Interview(HR)
3.Technical face-to-face interview 1
4.Technical face-to-face interview 2
5.Digital Interview
I got the call for the written test on 10th march 2014,the written test was consisting of 2 parts: 1.Apti 2.Technical ...questions from Qunatitative Aptitude,Verbal Reasoning,Logical Reasoning,English were there in Apti ,and C/C++,DBMS,Data Structure,Java were there in technical.20 questions in Apti and 20 questions in Technical were there...time for the test was 1 hour...i felt that the test was quite lengthy..
they told that results will declared after 2-3 days..those who will get the call they have to come for next round..
but got the call from HR on 24th of March 2014,almost 30 min. of conversation happened,she asked some of the questuons like
1.Tell me about yourself
2.What are your current roles and responsibilties
3.Why do you want to leave your current organization
4.Have you ever taken in any initiatives
5.How do you make a good rapport with the client?
then she told to come down for an face-to-face interivew on 26th of March 2014
On 26th of march face-to face interview happened,2 rounds were there,1st round lasted for 45 mins. and 2nd round i think for 50 min.Most of the questiuons were asked from my previous work experience.roles and responsibilites ,the module/domain i am working in ? and why do i want to join Cerner,why should they hire me? an so on..All in all it was a good conversation.
On 10 of April i got a call from HR ,she told me to fill up a formal application form,and she sent me a link in my email id to complete the next round of interview and that was 'Digital Interview'...
In this round,actually they are having an online application where digital interviews are taken for the candidate..so i had to arrange a webcam and a good quality microphone...once the interview was started in that app.5 questions were asked and we need to record our answer on the webcam...30 sec were given to prepare the answers and immediately after that recording was getting started for the question..for each question max. recording time for the answer was given 3 min..and total time for completing the test was given 10 min...5 questions and 10min.questions were simple and mostly HR and behvaioural questions.
After two days HR called and told that i am selected..

Interview Question – Questions were not that difficult,they asked questions from my previous work experience and domain knowledge i.e Healthcare IT...questions were asked like what is the difference between Q.A Server and the Test Server..simple technical questions were asked like ..what is dynamic memory allocation,questions from DBMS like Normalization and Joins..What is Waterfall Model and Agile model....What SDLC and STLC..How many defects have you raised in your current project..and so on..what is localization Testing(Globalization Testing)....How do you co-ordinate with other team members...   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation,i have accepted the offer!!!

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details i had 6 rounds in all.. HR telephonic, technical telephonic, 2 technical face to face, managerial, HR. they where all conducted smoothly and in a very planned manner. all the rounds where related to the exp and the points mentioned on my resume.

Interview Question – if you know what you have mentioned on ur resume, you should be good to go...   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details Puzzles, Technical interviews, C++ basic question. Interview was very easy. Interviewers were very co-operative.

Interview Question – Some puzzle question   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details First round-Aptitute n testing questions
2 rounds of technical interview

Interview Question – write a code without using template   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview Details Written test which consisted of 40 questions.20 aptitutde+verbal and 20 technical questions.Two rounds of interviews.1 technical and 1 HR.

Interview Question – Mostly Behavioural interview.So it all depends on how you handle it.   Answer Question

Manipala

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cerner in August 2013.

Interview Details 1-Written Test[20 Apti+20 Tech Questions]
2-HR Interview
3-Technical Interview

Aptitude questions are not straight forward. Technical questions are easy though. Try to score good marks there.

HR interview is normal. Just remain confident and look into the interviewer's eyes.

Technical interview was about OOPS+DBMS for me. The questions were easy. So,no need to worry much.

Interview Question – Do you want to do MBA/MS? They asked me this question 2-3 times. So,make sure you have good reasons before you answer them.   Answer Question

Vellore

I interviewed at Cerner in August 2013.

Interview Details one written aptitude and technical round followed by a HR interview and then a technical interview.The first round was a simple one if one has good aptitude and technical skills with good speed in solving problems.HR round was easy since they asked very general questions about me and about current affairs.Technical was also easy since they asked about Object oriented concepts.

Interview Question – They asked me if had i earlier applied sdlc and if yes how...i did follow some of the procedures of sdlc during my projects so i elaborated them.   Answer Question

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!