Cerner

Getting the Interview

511 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details Puzzles, Technical interviews, C++ basic question. Interview was very easy. Interviewers were very co-operative.

Interview Question – Some puzzle question   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details First round-Aptitute n testing questions
2 rounds of technical interview

Interview Question – write a code without using template   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in April 2013.

Interview Details There were 2 technical rounds where in I was asked questions from C++ and OOPS.
I was also asked about my project experience - positive and negative.

Interview Question – I was asked questions from my work experience -
    Made decisions.
    Managed projects.
    Influenced others.
    Made recommendations for improvement.
    Came up with innovative ideas.
    Solved a problem.
    Coached others.
    Handled a conflict.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate much.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details 2 rounds of hard core technical with solution architect level personnel and then one round of interview with manager finally video conference round with US personnel.

Interview Question – Lot of questions on memory management   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cerner in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process is quite similar to the ones which had been mentioned earlier to this thread. Firstly the HR had contacted over the telephone which lasts for around 30-45 mins. He starts up explaining about Cerner as well as Job profile. Soon after, he started asking behavioral questions and at last some basic OOPS concepts. He called me for an onsite interview after that.
I had 2 interviews onsite. Both technical. I believe the second one was with the manager.
I had been informed by the HR that he will let me know about the status of interview within the next week.
As he told, HR called me up and said I was been selected and within next week I will get the offer letter. Till now I didn't get the offer letter. I tried calling him, he said his system is down it may take any week to process the same. Well, waiting for it.

Interview Question – Abstract vs interface, all OOPS concepts, C# Winforms closing event   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in September 2009.

Interview Details It was a telephonic interview for the first round. There were four rounds of face to face interview. The questions were simple but some round of technical were challenging. The HR round was all about discussing previous achievement and Previous company details.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked the core concepts of technical parts like c++ .   View Answer
  • HR asked much about the work culture and personal behavior in the previous company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR negotiation was simple as they offered initially as per the market standard. The percentage hike and other policies will reduce your take home. Discuss well about the take home.

Systems Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cerner in August 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process in Cerner will have 3 rounds. First process telephonic, second round will be 1-1 with manager of the concern team you are recruiting for, Third round will be an HR round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is nothing to negotiate in this phase. I would give an advice for others to considering an offer with cerner because you find the name and fame for your work and salary will be satisfactory for your hardwork.

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore

The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in April 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process was carried on by an inexperienced professional from Medical Electronics stream.

Interview Question – Linked List implementation   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in October 2010.

Interview Details I got call through one consultant and had interview with Cerner. Process consisted of 2 rounds of. hard core technical interviews, They asked me A - Z in Core java, it was more of a paper work. They were concentrating mainly on our project in previous company. 100 times they asked me " what was the most challenging work which you had done ", however we answer, they wont get satisfied with our answers !!!!!!!!!!
Java qns were too good, covering each and every topic..I could answer nicely but was rejected. From consultant I came to know that reason of rejection was I had a career gap of just 2 months since I relocated from Chennai. I had cleared those 2 tough technical interview but still rejected because of the reason that I was not working then !!!!!!!!!! really very very bad mentality, no consideration is given for my technical knowledge !!!!!!!!

Interview Question – What was the challenging work in your career   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in November 2011.

Interview Details 2 formal interviews, both situational (how would you handle this situation...)

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner interview questions and advice. All 511 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Cerner employees and interview candidates.