Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

114 interviews

2.5

114 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

3 ROUNDS.1st HR,2nd Technical,3rd Technical.HR round was 2 mins but both technical rounds were 15-20 mins each.It varies,for me it was like this.Very cool interviewer and they treat you really well.Be confident and answer.Thats all.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner.

It includes both technical and behavior questions. About your achievements, strengths and weakness, what changes can you make etc.
    Checks overall skills in development and technology. It also evaluates your learning skills which is really valued and highly appreciated.

Software Engineer Interview

2 rounds of face to face technical interview. should be strong in concepts, technically bit sound. they provide you with various instances and test your analytical skills as well

My interview went for 2 hours , felt good

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner.

Campus Interview in Bangalore, India. Day started with a company presentation. Then a 1 - 2 hr written test (aptitude test). Those who qualified the written test, there was a group discussion round with a group size of 10 - 15 students.
    A topic was given to discuss for 20 - 30 minutes with 2 of of company members present in the room but "not evaluating anything". At the end, each student was given time to summarize the discussion which was supposed to be evaluated by the company representatives. The filtered list of students the went for personal interview.
    Personal Interview was simultaneously with 3 people, one each from development, testing and HR. I was given time at the end to ask questions.
    At the end of the (very long) day, they declared the list of qualified candidates - 5 out of 300 odd people who originally sat for the written test and handed over a offer later with an estimated date of joining.

Interview Questions
    • For the personal interview: Simple engineering level questions around programming, like C++ Pointers, String reversal algorithm etc. were asked. They were more interested in seeing the approach rather than code with correct syntax. Interviewers were friendly and nice.

Strange Qs:The testing guy wanted to ask about prerequisites from the clients in a project. I explained but I guess he wanted to hear the word "Requirements", commonly used in software maintenance and testing. Probably was strange for me as I thought it to be only a software developer interview but they were also looking for software test engineers.
        View Answers (2)
    No Negotiation. Fixed amount already known to all undergraduates before the interview process began.

Software Engineer Interview

Puzzles, Technical interviews, C++ basic question. Interview was very easy. Interviewers were very co-operative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Written test which consisted of 40 questions.20 aptitutde+verbal and 20 technical questions.Two rounds of interviews.1 technical and 1 HR.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavioural interview.So it all depends on how you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manipala
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cerner in August 2013.

1-Written Test[20 Apti+20 Tech Questions]
    2-HR Interview
    3-Technical Interview

Aptitude questions are not straight forward. Technical questions are easy though. Try to score good marks there.

HR interview is normal. Just remain confident and look into the interviewer's eyes.

Technical interview was about OOPS+DBMS for me. The questions were easy. So,no need to worry much.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to do MBA/MS? They asked me this question 2-3 times. So,make sure you have good reasons before you answer them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Vellore
    Anonymous Employee in Vellore

interviewed at Cerner in August 2013.

one written aptitude and technical round followed by a HR interview and then a technical interview.The first round was a simple one if one has good aptitude and technical skills with good speed in solving problems.HR round was easy since they asked very general questions about me and about current affairs.Technical was also easy since they asked about Object oriented concepts.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if had i earlier applied sdlc and if yes how...i did follow some of the procedures of sdlc during my projects so i elaborated them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in August 2013.

Well first round was an written test comprising of 20 questions from aptitude and verbal and another 20 from C programming for a duration of one hour. Next about 75 students were selected for the second round which comprised of one rounds each of technical and HR. Both were relatively short not more than 15 minutes each. Technical round was more oriented towards OOP concepts and design, Database Systems, Software Engineering and a bit on Data Mining. HR round too was pretty easy with not much grilling and more focused towards what was on the candidates resume..

Interview Questions
    • They unexpectedly asked this in the HR round and the question was suppose you a salesman and you have been given a very cheap quality pen, how will you convince a wealthy customer to buy it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cerner in May 2013.

First round would be HR, followed by two technical rounds. Technical rounds would mainly concentrate on how you handle the situations in real time work environment than the technical questions. Also try keeping calm in the interview as they can easily make you feel tensed. Stability is the most important thing they look for. If you change your company each year, they would definitely not consider the profiles.

Interview Questions
    • If there is any critical bug found on the same day of deployment, how would you handle the situation.   View Answer

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!