Cerner

Getting the Interview

99 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details Puzzles, Technical interviews, C++ basic question. Interview was very easy. Interviewers were very co-operative.

Interview Question – Some puzzle question   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in April 2013.

Interview Details There were 2 technical rounds where in I was asked questions from C++ and OOPS.
I was also asked about my project experience - positive and negative.

Interview Question – I was asked questions from my work experience -
    Made decisions.
    Managed projects.
    Influenced others.
    Made recommendations for improvement.
    Came up with innovative ideas.
    Solved a problem.
    Coached others.
    Handled a conflict.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate much.

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cerner in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process is quite similar to the ones which had been mentioned earlier to this thread. Firstly the HR had contacted over the telephone which lasts for around 30-45 mins. He starts up explaining about Cerner as well as Job profile. Soon after, he started asking behavioral questions and at last some basic OOPS concepts. He called me for an onsite interview after that.
I had 2 interviews onsite. Both technical. I believe the second one was with the manager.
I had been informed by the HR that he will let me know about the status of interview within the next week.
As he told, HR called me up and said I was been selected and within next week I will get the offer letter. Till now I didn't get the offer letter. I tried calling him, he said his system is down it may take any week to process the same. Well, waiting for it.

Interview Question – Abstract vs interface, all OOPS concepts, C# Winforms closing event   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in September 2009.

Interview Details It was a telephonic interview for the first round. There were four rounds of face to face interview. The questions were simple but some round of technical were challenging. The HR round was all about discussing previous achievement and Previous company details.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked the core concepts of technical parts like c++ .   View Answer
  • HR asked much about the work culture and personal behavior in the previous company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR negotiation was simple as they offered initially as per the market standard. The percentage hike and other policies will reduce your take home. Discuss well about the take home.

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore

The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in April 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process was carried on by an inexperienced professional from Medical Electronics stream.

Interview Question – Linked List implementation   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in October 2010.

Interview Details I got call through one consultant and had interview with Cerner. Process consisted of 2 rounds of. hard core technical interviews, They asked me A - Z in Core java, it was more of a paper work. They were concentrating mainly on our project in previous company. 100 times they asked me " what was the most challenging work which you had done ", however we answer, they wont get satisfied with our answers !!!!!!!!!!
Java qns were too good, covering each and every topic..I could answer nicely but was rejected. From consultant I came to know that reason of rejection was I had a career gap of just 2 months since I relocated from Chennai. I had cleared those 2 tough technical interview but still rejected because of the reason that I was not working then !!!!!!!!!! really very very bad mentality, no consideration is given for my technical knowledge !!!!!!!!

Interview Question – What was the challenging work in your career   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details Applied through Employee Referral. Process took two weeks. First round was a HR round and then got scheduled for a three hour Skype Interview with three teams. I was allowed to choose between Skype or Onsite Interview and i chose Skype. All the questions are posted here. Lots of behavioral questions. Questions on Resume. Waiting for an Answer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you trouble shooter and failed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details Initial HR call: Within a week from application.
Usual resume-related questions. Rate yourself in each known language, best project etc.
Technical Phone call: Immediate week of the HR call
Theory question related to databases; how to improve access speed, one technical data structure related question, design a structure for game of chess, questions related to debugging.

Interview Question – How would you debug on a real-time parallel processing system?   View Answers (5)

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in July 2013.

Interview Details Fake promises

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral question   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 99 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cerner employees and interview candidates.