Charles Schwab

Getting the Interview

187 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details I was initially phoned after submitting a resume' and cover letter in response to an advertisement. We scheduled an interview for the same day, as that was the last day interviews were being conducted. The manager interviewed me for 30-45 minutes. Afterwards, an Investment Consultant who was a Series 8 BOM interviewed me for 15-20 mins. Neither interview was difficult and the questions were pretty standard.

Interview Question – I cannot recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Administrator Interview

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details It took weeks almost a month before I heard from HR that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Job amount was as is

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2014.

Interview Details phone screening with several folks before in-person. be prepared to get on board with company 'culture' and ask questions about it.

Interview Question – make sure you are aligned with the 'culture' or you won't move on.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Broker Interview

Broker
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in December 2013.

Interview Details Applied online through Schwab.com, process took about 3 weeks before being contacted for a phone interview. Back to back days for phone interviews & then a face to face. Offer w/in 30 min. of face to face interview. Interview is very "fit" oriented, as well as behavioral questions. Not very technical, but there are some for the licensed broker position.

Interview Question – How do you display ownership and problem resolution when dealing with a client.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation, offer over the phone before official offer letter sent via email.

Broker Trainee Program Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2014.

Interview Details 5 minute phone screen
30 minute phone interview about what I know about the company and why Im interested
1 hour phone call with managers about behavioral questions
Sifma test
after passing the next day they informed me of an offer coming in 48 hours

Interview Question – Prep for calculating profit differences off stock yields   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, take it or leave it. 40k with 5k possible bonus.

Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in June 2013.

Interview Details I had two interviews, phone and then face to face. The phone one was relatively easy questions, basically sell yourself so Schwab can even decide if they're interested. The face to face I had really nice managers interviewing me, they were super easy to talk to. You get asked a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions.

Interview Question – Just having to come up with scenarios on the spot was difficult, and trying to sell yourself at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Registered Representative Interview

Registered Representative
Denver, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2013.

Interview Details The first thing to note is the process takes a long time. I submitted my resume online with a referral and it took three weeks to hear from HR. The first call was a five minute "Get to know you" call. The next call with HR last over an hour, focusing on my qualifications and my potential at Schwab. Then there was the face to face interview which went into customer service-oriented detail questions (think S.T.A.R. answers). Then SIFMA. Then job.

Interview Question – They really don't ask too many technical questions - Schwab will train you. They look for if you're a good for the company. Customer service oriented, friendly, personable and outspoken. That's what they need.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating - RegReps all start at the same floor salary.

Broker Interview

Broker
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details You are invitied to a 5 minute phone screen with a sourcing specialist. If you pass that interview you are scheduled to a 45 minute phone interview with a recruiter. If you pass that interview then you are invited to take an assessment onsite and interview with a team of 3 people with one of them being the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How do you feel about an overnight work schedule?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was not interested in participating in shift bids. Its setup more as a call center than it is a brokerage firm.

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview process was very straightforward. First I applied online (I have a background in the industry and a Bachelor's degree in Finance) then I was contacted by HR for a phone interview just a few days after applying. After the phone interview I was contacted by the manager of the office for an in person interview. That part is important because it's crucial to make the connection with the person as they will be your future manager. The conversation with the manager lasted about an hour and then I met others in the office. After that I was contacted to complete my background check information (work experience, etc) and then I was contacted again to go into the office and meet the rest of the team. I was offered the position fairly quickly pending my background check, which I knew wouldn't be a problem but still took three weeks.

Interview Question – Behaviorial style questions for phone interview, asked me what types of news I read and how often and if I followed the stock market   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- I was happy with the salary, overtime, and bonus potential

Summer Internship Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2014.

Interview Details Did a phone interview and was leaving for school within 3 days. They worked with me very quickly and got an in office interview with 2 hiring managers. Went very well, passed a background check and offered the internship.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, lot of talking about past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charles Schwab

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles Schwab interview questions and advice. All 187 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Charles Schwab employees and interview candidates.