Charles Schwab

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Financial Services Professional Interview

Associate Financial Services Professional
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details Applied online, did an online questionnaire, an initial phone screening lasting about 15 minutes, and then an hour long phone interview after which I was asked to take the sifma assessment. I passed the exam which consisted of logic questions and some simple math questions. You are allowed a calculator and scratch paper for the exam. I was then called in to a face to face interview with 2 managers. This lasted about an hour and a half. I was contacted by my recruiter about 2 hours later about completing authorization forms for background and credit check. This has been a long process but waiting to hear back on the checks was the hardest part (three weeks). I received an email today saying they are ready to make an offer.

Interview Question – The interview questions were typical Star style questions and not that difficult if you follow the format. I had the hardest time with the logic test because you are not allowed to revisit a question once it is answered.   Answer Question

Registered Representative I Interview

Registered Representative I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process is pretty standard. There are two phone interviews and an in person interview. If you apply to be in the broker trainee program you will also complete a math test. It is mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest accomplishment in life so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Derivative Analyst Interview

Derivative Analyst

Interviewed at Charles Schwab

Interview Details phone interview, I applied via the online site and had a phone interview that I thought went very well. I answered two situation questions "tell me about a time when" and then the recruiter ended the call. I did not get called in for an additional interview.

Interview Question – why do you want to work in CS?   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Registered Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2010.

Interview Details First it was phone call and phone interview, and then call in for face to face interview with many manager, and finally back ground check and offer. First it was phone all and phone interview, and the call in for face to face interview withmany manager, and finally backgound check and offer.

Interview Question – salary   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

Interviewed at Charles Schwab

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter via telephone who then scheduled a telephone with me. I was told to do my research on behavioral type interviews. Not surprisingly, the telephone was all behavioral questions. After the telephone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the location. Following the in-person interview, I never heard from anyone at this company.

Interview Question – Behavioral phone interview. Mostly background/experience questions during the in-person interview.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

Interviewed at Charles Schwab

Interview Details I transferred internally. First time I was hired, I had a mini exam during the interview (as in: paper & multiple choice questions). So if you're applying for technical job, make sure you brush up on your skills.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Web Developer Position - Austin, TX Interview

Web Developer Position - Austin, TX
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2014.

Interview Details First contacted by corporate HR in San Francisco. Basic questions. I was then set up to speak with the hiring manager for the Web developer Position. Within 20 seconds I qualified the personality as type A. After a 1 minute discussion about my background, I was asked a series of technical questions. These questions were empirical, and I answered them correctly. However, I was told "you got the answer right, but you don't know why its right." This left me in a state of contemplation... that perhaps this individual was not interested in hiring.. and that there was another factor involved i.e. job security, a preferred candidate that was friend or family, etc. 2 weeks later they re-posted the position online, which gave additional weight to my theory. There is no shortage of talented web developers in Austin, and the position payed north of 60K.

Interview Question – Along the lines of "2 + 2 might equal 4, but why?"   Answer Question

V P Financial Consultant Interview

V P Financial Consultant
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details Applied online and had follow up conversation and interview with Regional HR person. Next did online application with more detail, spoke again with HR over telephone. Next had telephone conversation with local Branch Manager. Then had face to face interview with local Branch Manager. Then had face to face interview with 2nd local Branch Manager. Then received offer via e-mail from Regional HR.

Interview Question – Most questions revolved around sales skills and prospecting techniques I used. Additional questions about my willingness to work at night and conducting after hour seminars.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Their salary is very structured so not much room to negotiate.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Interview Details I applied for this position in April and it is now July of the same year. I have had 3 interviews, a computer based test, and am now awaiting the results of a background check. The process is long! But everyone I have dealt with has been great! You first start out with one person who does a 3-5 phone interview and asks you fairly basic questions. If they like you they will set you up for a real phone interview at the end. My second interview was with a new person and I spoke to her for about an hour. All I can say is follow what they tell you to a T. They send you an email to prepare you for each and every step. Also, be very specific about your past experiences. After this interview, you will either have a phone interview with two of your hopefully future managers. This again lasts an hour and you go over a lot of the same stuff from the second interview but in more detail. I found it good to use funny stories for any questions asking about negative experiences from past jobs. They ask quite a bit of those. I was able to answer the question but also show them that negative experiences in the work place don't really get to me. Even got them to laugh quite a bit and started a conversation. By the end they loved me. My talent advisor contacted me by email within the day to let me know everything went great. They then sent me to a branch office to take the SIFMA assessment which was weird. I have a 4 year finance degree so the math portion was easy. However, the logic questions were hit or miss. Anyway, my talent advisor called me the same day and said everything went great. She then emailed me a link to submit my background check information online to which i completed. Now Im just waiting on that to return. Everything has taken a long time but has also gone very smoothly.

Interview Question – Tell us about a situation in the work place where you did something that you expected not to work but ended up working out?   Answer Question

Remote Desktop Specliast Interview

Remote Desktop Specliast
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2013.

Interview Details Interviewers rotate frequently and are often with same level techs. Expect generic questions like "Name a time when you were under pressure and describe how you resolved it." You will be asked about your technical background but nothing specific.

Interview Question – Learn what the software in the job description is. For example: Remedy, Marimba, RDP, VDI, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Contracting company takes about $10/hr of your pay as a fee. You will end up roughly with $18-$21/hr. Negotiate on the high end, of course.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!