Charlotte Russe Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014
Updated 22 Sep 2014

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in store and was interviewed on the spot. The manager asked questions about fashion preferences, availability, past experience in retail and past experiences with costumer related services. They prefer employees who will be flexible with their schedule and can stylishly represent/sell the company

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a costumer asks for something we do not offer   Answer Question

Pt Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

They were opening up a new store at a new location and they had a table in the mall with applications. I filled one out right on the spot and gave it to the manager there. Almost a week later I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I first interviewed with the store manager and she asked me what were some of my favorite trends out now, when did I make a mistake and how did I fix it. Then the next day she called back asking if I can come in the next day and interview with a store manager at another location. She asked me what were my responsibilities at my other job, what shrink meant among other things. Then they called me the next day so I can go on one last interview with the district manager. She then asked me what I look for in a company and other questions. The whole time it was two of us interviewing. They then called me a week later saying I got the job.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

First they called me for a short phone interview with HR, we just went over my resume. Then, I went to the HQ for a 1:1interview with 3 people from the department. It was a very average interview, no hard questions, more like a mutual conversation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

I went through 2 interviews. About an hour after the second interview I was hired. Very casual interviews. He asked a lot about work history. Laughed and carried on about himself more than asking questions about my strengths.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever stolen anything or helped anyone steal something?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in May 2014.

went in filled out the application, had an interview the very next day with the assistant manager, afterwords I met with the store manager who then asked if I would be interested in a key holder position because of my retail experience (key holder position not available until August.

Charlotte Russe Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

The district manager will interview you. He/she asks you questions about coaching, leadership, training, follow up, how you deal with certain situations, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

I went to the store to turn in my job application, and the hiring manager happened to be there so she took me aside and asked a few questions. She asked basic questions: "Why do you want to work here?" "Are you comfortable talking to customers?" "How flexible is your schedule?"

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Typical phone HR interview, then phone manager interview. Finally, in-person interview with several members of the team (individually over a span of several hours).

Pretty friendly, open office; minimal interior upkeep. Location is outside of downtown San Francisco, near the Mission area in a converted warehouse space. Predominantly female office.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge you faced in your current/previous position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in March 2014.

I walked in and got an application then turned it in the next day. About a week later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. I was late, so I had to interview with the next group (with 3 other girls). A few days later I got a call saying I got the job and to come in for orientation. In orientation, we set up our employee profiles, filled out our tax information, our availability schedule, and the company's policies.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you see someone stealing?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

I saw that they were hiring for seasonal positions so I asked the manager for an application and filled it out in the store. The manager looked over my availability and then scheduled an interview three days from then. I went into the interview in a nice business skirt and a dressy top and accessorized since they do use your outfit as a part of the interview. It was a group interview with about 6 other girls but they split us into two groups and took us into the back. The interview itself consisted of questions that another manager read off of a card. The questions dealt with customer service and fashion and all of us took turns answering questions. Once it was done, they let you know if you moved on to the next round and we were kept in the back of the store. The next interview was one on one with a different manager. It was mostly personal questions. They hired me on the spot and put me down as permanent. Orientation came a week later.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, it was minimum wage.