Charlotte Russe

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rochester, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in August 2014.

Interview Details I went into Charlotte Russe originally just to shop, as i was cashing out i asked for a application just so they can have my name on file. I Filled the app out and handed it back that same day, and was offered a scheduled interview on the spot. I went in for my interview, it was a group interview (of course) myself, 2 other girls, and a guy. We each took turns answering questions and asking as well. My interview was on Thursday, i received a call with the job offer on the following monday.

Interview Question – None, The interview is really easy and chilled. Depending on your confidence level within groups. Very typical questions. "why do you want to work for Charlotte Russe?" "If you had a issue with a co-worker how would you handle it?" . . simple.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details I dropped off an application on a Thursday and was told to come in on Monday for a group interview. In my interview group there were less than ten people, they had us introduce ourselves and answer some basic questions. A few days later I was called back and offered a job.

Interview Question – What kind of animal would you be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

Interview Details I applied in store at Charlotte Russe and that same week I received a call from the assistant manager for an interview. The position was seasonal, so there was a group interview with me and about 10 other girls. The store manager took us to the stock room in the back, which was kind of cramped and we sat in some deformed circle. She asked us a question and she went around the room as each of is gave our answers. I was always last thankfully, so I got to work off everyone else's answers. I believe the entire process of waiting and answering questions took about 45mins to an hour.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details easy and fun it was a group interview which involved listening to others answers as well. Management at the time was very outgoing and made it seem that working there was going to be one of the best experiences yet.

Negotiation Details – not much of a negotiation but i needed a job badly

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details Turned in my application and got a call a few days later asking if I can come in for an interview the following Sunday. It was a group interview with five other people, simple questions. I actually didn't feel as though I did that well, but I got a call back in a day or two telling me to come in for new employee orientation. Most of the girls from my interview got hired in fact.

Interview Question – Really nothing was that difficult - questions about what fashion means to you, how you would deal with unruly customers, etc.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in March 2013.

Interview Details It was a group interview of about 8 people. We waited in the shoe area with benches until the manager came and got us. We went up into the manager's office and answered questions clockwise and counter-clockwise and asked questions. The good thing about this job is that you had a SECOND interview. The people that she liked, she gave them another day to come in and put on a walkie, interacting with the others acting as we actually worked there, to see if we really were about what we said in the interview. If you did well, two assistant managers or key holders will take you to the corner of the store and offer you a position and starting day.

Interview Question – When you see someone run off with our merchandise, do you chase them? (it was only hard because it was a trick question, and it wasn't the answer you think it is.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really, I took what I could. It was my first retail job, I was just grateful to get my foot into the door.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details Was invited for an interview the day after i applied in person. It was a group interview with 4 other girls and we were interviewed by the manager. she had a list of questions written down and chose random ones. Asked about past experience, school, etc. Thought the interview was fun and easy but i didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Can you sell me the outfit you are currently wearing   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in May 2010.

Interview Details You receive a call from the manager and are scheduled in interview. Once you come in, you may have a group interview or one on one interview. The process is fun and easy. Very nice environment.

Interview Question – Amazing. Easy to unite with employer. Quick and fun.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details This was a group interview so I made sure I looked fashionable and went with the store's style. There were 6 of us, but I was in a group of 4 and the other 2 were a group on their own. So us 4 girls got interviewed by one manager and I seemed really confident bc I was the only one with prior job experience and my application compared to the other girls was the only one completely filled out. So as I was walking out of the interview, they tell me and some other girl to stay. It was really awkward for the other girls hearing this, but I guess I had made it to the 2nd round. So since 2 girls left it was me in a group of 4 again and we finally get interviewed by the 2nd manager. I was so sure that I was going to get called but as we were walking out, they asked some girl to stay. I was so shocked because that was the same girl who said her weakness was being lazy and had no references and didn't even know what seasonal meant. So I don't mind that CR didn't hire me, apparently they're just looking for lazy people.

Interview Questions

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in March 2014.

Interview Details I walked in and got an application then turned it in the next day. About a week later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. I was late, so I had to interview with the next group (with 3 other girls). A few days later I got a call saying I got the job and to come in for orientation. In orientation, we set up our employee profiles, filled out our tax information, our availability schedule, and the company's policies.

Interview Question – What do you do if you see someone stealing?   View Answer

Worked for Charlotte Russe? Contribute to the Community!