Chartis Insurance Company

Updated 17 Jun 2014

2.4

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in February 2014.

I went through the common aptitude test ,then one telephonic interview round and then 2 rounds of personal interviews.The interview process was rigorous and the interviewers stressed on each and every aspect of the resume.every thing from academic record to extracurricular activities were taken into consideration and given importance.In general an overall profile with balanced amount of every aspect was given preference over one completely inclined towards either academics or extracurricular.

Interview Questions
    • Iwas interviewed by a manager who had his bachelors in chemical engineering. He noticed i had experience in electronics and programming so he started asking questions from digital logic and java programming.This was very unexpected,especially after knowing he was from a very different back ground.

My advise to people applying for the job and/or taking the interview: be prepared to answer about each and every thing you have mentioned in your resume.I had mentioned i played for the city cricket team and was asked questions about it.So just be honest and give it your best shot.These people really know their work well.
        Answer Question

CAT Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in March 2013.

apps then 2 pi's, was the selection process. apps are pretty easy to get through since there is no negative marking. then comes the pi, over there all the people in the interview panel were very professional that they dont try to screw you up.

Interview Questions
    • If you handle an ethical situation in the company, how will you deal with it?
      and they explained to me the situation also.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation per se. they quoted a salary during pre placement talk.

Accountant II Interview

I went on three interviews in one day. Pretty much told me as exiting that i will receive my offer within a day or two. Received an offer the next day.

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

I registered an internship course during school. The professor sent resume to different countries. Fortunately, I got Charits interview. The interview process was straightforward and pleasant. The HR person asked questions based on resume and some behaviors questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

I interviewed with human resources and two financial managers. It was extremely difficult as long as you can be personable and interesting. Standard, basic interview questions. Managers were both very knowledgeable about the position and what they wanted out of it.

Senior Trial Attorney Interview

One interview and it was a general getting to know you. No curveballs. Its a relaxed place and that was communicated at the interview

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Pretty simple process. Met with an HR/in house recruiter then met with 3 other guys.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company in February 2013.

one interview w 3 VPs, very laid back, top VP did most of the talking, warm and friendly

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chartis Insurance Company.

Telephone interview first, then office interview with 4 representatives.

Underwriting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interviewed for the Underwriting Summer Internship for the Boston Office.

Applied through my college career website--was just a resume drop.

I was soon contacted afterwards that they wanted to have a phone interview. The phone interview was very relaxed and lasted about 30 minutes. First, the interviewer told me a bit of Chartis and the position. Then, they asked fit/behavioral questions, why Chartis, why the internship, resume-related questions and so on. You do not need any specific (work/academics) background to prepare for the interview.

Within a week or two (can't quite remember), I was invited for an on-site interview (did not cover travel expenses). I went to Boston, interviewed with 3 individuals--managers. They talked to me individually, explained Chartis and insurance world. Then they asked me questions ranging from my resume/experiences, my coursework, my personality. It was very laid back. No pressure.

Enjoy the interviews and just be yourself!