Children's Medical Center of Dallas Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Updated Jul 27, 2014
13 interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas.

Lots of behavioral type of questions. Be very prepared. They like to ask you about past experiences, past mistakes, "what if" type of questions. The HR department is VERY slow with returning phone calls and emails. Just be patient and keep tracking down your application status. If you know someone who already works there, talk with them to get phone numbers and email addresses.

Transport Paramedic Interview

There are no intensive clinical questions - almost whole interview was - what would you do in this situation or tell me a time.... - focus on safety and customer service...

They are willing to budge a little..

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas.

I filled out my application, and was contacted by one of their recruiters a week later. I interviewed briefly with them, which was followed by an interview with my manager, which was then followed by an interview with my manager and the group of people I'd be directly working with.

Interview Questions
    There was a bit of flexibility in the negotiations.

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas.

First interview was with the HR representative. Very typical interview from the HR department. Second was with the actual department manager. After that it took forever to hear back from HR if I had the job or not....forever. Everything was very structured and from a interview protocol they follow as far as questions they asked and such. Not too personal at all.

Interview Questions
    Pay was according to experience. Rate was determined by HR and not the hiring manager

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas in January 2013.

Very easy - after applying there were three interviews which all went swimmingly.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was very simple - past work experience etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary - they offered me more than what was planned.

Par Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas in October 2010.

Hiring Process, from what I have heard tends to be quite hard to get in due to multi levels of background checks and the process alone is quite lengthy. It took approximately 5 weeks for my background check to clear after they offered me a position so BE CAREFUL when providing your two week notice, because you may find yourself temporarily unemployed until they cross their T's and dot their I's. The interview process is different compared to most they ask questions example "how do you handle an upset parent or doctor" and you have to provide a real life example or scenario. It starts off as a one on one interview with HR then from that point you interview with a small panel directly from the specific department. Expect to spend approximately 1-2 hours interviewing... Drink lots of coffee the questions are tedious, and you spend a great deal of time waiting as they write down comments word for word.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a scenario in which you were dealing with an irate customer/patient/parent and how did you handle it? what were your steps to resolution   View Answer
    negotiating is cut and dry, because it is a not for profit establishment do not expect to make a large sum of money particuarly if looking at pay scales compared to other facilities.

Senior Instructional Design Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas.

Process starts with a phone interview. Next step is an onsite interview with the director, manager, and Enterprise Education team. You will also spend some time with the VP, and the director of clinical education.

Interview Questions
    • Questions will vary, most unexpected will most likely come when you meet the Enterprise Education team.   Answer Question
    You will get a phone call with an offer and you have an opportunity to accept, decline or present a counter offer.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas in June 2012.

The interview process was long but was interesting. I learned a lot about the company and they seemed to be interested in making sure it was a fit for me and the staff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about at time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    It was easy, they offerred me what I wanted. It was no hassle.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas in November 2010.

The process itself took forever. I don't think they were very serious about getting the position filled, which is unfortunate, because after getting here, I found out that the employees had been taking on extra work while the position was vacant. The employees desperately wanted to get the position filled, and management didn't seem to care.
    I interviewed with people who were reading their interview questions from a sheet of paper and just blindly writing down what I said. I got the impression they didn't know what they were looking for, they just needed something to fill up their piece of paper. They were from various areas within Human Resources, and I don't think some of them even knew what the position involved.
    Bottom line, I took the job. I was REALLY attracted to the mission and thought the pros out-weighed the cons. I was wrong. I compromised and now I regret it. I started looking for another job shortly after I got here and realized what I had gotten myself into!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to think outside of the box.   View Answer
    • Describe the job where you were most productive.   View Answer
    Negotiation was non-existent. You accept what they offer you or they choose another candidate. Be prepared to take a pay cut if you have the experience they are looking for. Because of the economy, they are able to pay low due to all of the unemployed HR people out there right now. However, after getting in and seeing their "merit increase" scale, I regret taking a lower offer. The scale is very low, and you will not even get an increase that matches the cost-of-living index. Couple that with rising benefits prices, and it will actually cost you money to work here each consecutive year...

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Children's Medical Center of Dallas in March 2012.

Wonderful communication before the interview via email. Great team. Hiring manager met with me first. She had already reviewed my resume and had thoughtful questions about my experience. Then allowed me to meet with potential coworkers independently so that I could ask questions about the work environment and expectations. Team members gave me tour of clinical spaces. The second interview was several weeks later, where I met senior staff, who were all extremely welcoming and curious about my skill set. I met other clinic staff as well. The second interview was completed with another interview with the hiring manager, who asked more poignant questions about how I feel I could handle responsibilities after learning more about the job expectations. This was the best interview that I have ever had. I felt that the team took care to see how a new hire would potentially fit in their environment and it gave me time to see if I would like to work with the team. Although I was not offered a position (another applicant has better qualifications), all communication was timely and compassionate.

Interview Questions

Worked for Children's Medical Center of Dallas? Contribute to the Community!