Choice Hotels

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Internship Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Choice Hotels in October 2013.

Interview Details It took about 3 months to get the final result. I talked to them on university recruiter and had on campus interview with them. There was 2 interviewer, questions based on behavior questions. 3 weeks later, got a email from them to have an final interview/lunch.

Interview Question – what is your favor music on your ipad. (Not sure how am I suppose to answer this question)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Search & Affiliate Manager Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Choice Hotels in August 2012.

Interview Details Painful and very very long. Initial app direct thru company website. 30 min HR screening interview ok. Subsequent interview with SVp arranged which was then cancelled at 15 minutes notice and was advised job was on hold. Heard back following week and rearranged. Met with HR and SVP remotely for v brief (25 min meeting). A month later after various mis-communications and ignored time requests was invited back for another meeting with numerous managers, VPs. 2 hours. My performance in this meetign was not great. Mitigating circumstance was that there were 5 people (some of whom were pleasant and courteous) in the room and one remote by video. Finally there was a phone interview with yet another SVP where I was asked a series of banal and irrelevant Qs. Weeks then passed. I enquired as to status twice and was advised "2/3weeks". During one of these periods I met a Choice employee at a conference who described the place as "F-d up". A further enquiry in early October was met with a 3-4 week estimate. I called after 4 weeks and was told they had offered the job to another candidate. This whole process took 5 months. I don't object to not being hired - I didn't interview all that well - but their whole approach was arrogant, inconsiderate of the candidate and completely dysfunctional. I'm not certain I wld have accepted if it had been offered having been dicked about so much. In short, not recommended.

Interview Question – How would you deal with attribution for non branded search ( or something)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Choice Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Choice Hotels interview questions and advice in Phoenix, AZ. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Choice Hotels employees and interview candidates.