Cigna

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.9

Leave Manager Interview

this interview is a standard behavioral based interview, they asked a lot of questions that began with, "tell me about a time when..." they were fairly easy questions to answer. And there were two interviewers asking various questions.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna.

Applied through university, they came for a on campus interview. Invited all the interviewees for a preinterview dinner. They tell us about their intern projects, every intern will be assigned a manger and a summer project. 70% of the time will be working on individual projects.

Interview Questions
    • Explain black-scholes formula to me,
      if this room is full of coins, how high will the coins be if they are stacked up

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Great company with good benefits. Flexible position allows one to work remotely with little travel. Growing company. Good conversations with folks, but interview process is lengthy. Could take months to get to a decision.

TECDP Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

Overall it was a unique and very lengthy experience. I applied in August, and had an on campus interview at the end of September. I heard back for the day two interview at the end of October. They then e-mailed decisions at the end of November.

Every associate I met with during the recruiting process was nice and the interviews were comfortable. The on campus (University) interview was about 40 minutes.

The day two interview consisted of going to a hotel. We went to the Cigna office where we were given a presentation about the company, and a presenter made it a point to say "Only the best of the best" get chosen. Afterwards, we were then set off in groups for a dinner, accompanied by some TECDP associates and managers. This is a big part of the process because they are screening to see if you may fit in with the company and the program. They want to see that you are enthusiastic and sociable.

The next morning, we traveled to the Cigna office to begin a 4 part interview process that takes around 8 hours to coordinate among all the applicants. There is a 5 minute presentation about yourself, a process modeling case study, a group project, and a regular behavioral interview. It's manageable if you prepare and have confidence in yourself.

My main takeaways were that Cigna has a very refined TECDP program, and they invest a lot of time into developing people that do get hired. Every associate seems very involved and happy to be there. However, I have no real insight on the selection process. There is a large number of bright candidates competing for the job. Even if you do everything right and have a solid background, there may be some luck in getting accepted.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a question, but a business case study.   View Answer

Actuarial Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

This was an On Campus screening first interview for the Cigna Actuarial Development Program. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. There were two Cigna actuaries doing the interview. They asked standard behavioral questions and a brain teaser (how would you estimate the number of golf balls that an airplane would hold). The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. I thought the interview went well but did not get a call back for a second interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you estimate he number of golf balls that an airplane would hold.   Answer Question

Disability Claims Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna.

The interview consisits of behavioral type questions. Make sure you identify what you have specifically done to determine the outcome of each question asked. Make sure you always say I!

not really flexible

TECDP Interview

45 minute in person standard behavioral interview with one recruiter followed by a 1-hour phone interview with two recruiters. Both interviews were fairly similar, and there seemed to be a very strong focus on seeing if you are a fit for the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you have used technology to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

Technology Early Career Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

First started with a behavioral review. Pretty straight forward. Practice you responses for "Tell of a time when...." questions.
    Second round interviews start with a dinner with project managers and at least one other TECDP candidate. The next day there are four sessions: behavioral interview (again), 5 minute presentation of a technical project you have done, technical case discussion, and group project. It's a long day, try to relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you regretted sharing a creative idea with a group.   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

Submitted online app on Taleo. Contacted by recruiter two days later. Phone interview set up two days after. Typical phone interview. A member of Cigna management will make the next contact to set up face to face interview if interested.

Interview Questions
    • Wouldn't be the question. It was the info about the job screening. Company does nicotine screening.   View Answer

Managed Care Rotational Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview, which was scheduled for a couple of days after the email. During the phone conversation, I spoke with the HR rep who contacted me and a current associate in the program. The conversation lasted about 15 minutes. No more communication has been had since the phone interview but it was stated that the process was in the early stages. Seemed promising but unsure...

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us more about your experience listed on your resume.   Answer Question