Cigna Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter, and went through two series of phone interviews (one with the recruiter, and one with an HR rep). They asked simple questions about my previous experience

Was asked to fly out to Nashville for in-person interviews but could not make it.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about my experience, what I like, and how I can apply my skills to the job.   Answer Question

Underwriting Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Super day at their office, was about 2 panel interviews with 2 different senior analysts, a presentation, job shadow, and virtual training which wasn't really anything. We were in a group so they called us out per schedule. The interviewers were pretty standard with behavioral/analytical questions. I was a bit disappointed because the presentation seemed like the interviewers wanted something more laid back instead of something more serious.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls fit in a school bus?   1 Answer

Business Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Very slow through the Talent Consultant process and it was very frustrating. The online application process was fairly easy. However the job titles are extremely mis-leading. I passed over reviewing the job prior to apply because the title didn't seem to apply to me. Once opening the job I thought I would be perfect for the job and interviewing. The interviews were great, but the beginning stages with the Talent Consultant teams were very time consuming and delayed. The offer process was also very time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Do I have a problem with Ambiguity.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Two individuals in the program conducted the phone interview. They talked about the program and gave you an opportunity to ask questions about it, and then they asked me to walk them through my resume and 3 additional few behavioral questions. The next steps are a Skype interview followed by an onsite in Bloomfield.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision, but it did not go as intended.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to walk a group through a complex task.   Answer Question
    • Why the operations leadership program?   Answer Question

Short Term Disability Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very business like. No effort to make me feel comfortable during the 10 question behaviorial interview. The interviewer tried to be as intimidating as she could and made sure I knew that SHE was in charge. I don't scare easily so I smiled a lot and answered the questions.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell me about a time when.....' was how all 10 questions started.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a month after do to a phone interview. Very unexpected and on the spot but I did well. Then HR sent my number to the hiring manager who then contacted me for an in person interview. Panel interview with six questions. They let you go over them and then they begin. They look for very brief but concise answers. Was offered the job few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Supply-Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Applied through UConn's career site. Received a first interview on campus. Asked typical behavioral questions + why I was interested in Supply Chain Management. Received a call about a week after saying I would need to go for a second interview. Month or two goes by, they were slightly disorganized with scheduling, but after an email I set up a date for after christmas. Second interview was in bloomfield with two Director's. The interview was more of a conversation about your resume no actual questions. Just to see if they like you, and you have the computer skills (excel) that they're looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated 50 cents higher of a salary, could have probably gotten more but I gave in very easily.

Sales Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Brought in for an interview at a campus location, was asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as management experience questions, the next round of interviews was at the end of January, so it was a long process of interviewing and knowing if you made it or not.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions regarding management experience.
      Questions such as: What happened in a time you managed a group where group members disagreed with your choice? What makes you a great leader? What are effective ways you've managed people? Also had a few behavioral questions, but those are to be expected during any first round interview.

Answer Question

Underwriting Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

- First meeting was on college campus
    - Got an invitation to interview at the office about 2 weeks later
    - Interviews were very thorough and challenging but overall it was a great learning process
    - Lots of behavioral questions and a few math/analytical questions which I enjoyed
    - Waiting to hear about an offer but everything about the company seems fantastic

Interview Questions

• Math questions like a tip amount on a $45 bill at a restaurant...   Answer Question

UNDERWRITING SENIOR ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked basic questions about what I knew about underwriting and Cigna. Also asked me some "what would I do if?" behaviorial questions and some mental math questions, too. The entire interview lasted around 30 minutes and I thought that I did well. I did not hear back from Cigna and I checked in with my interviewer to see if I made it to round #2 (an in-person interview)and she told me that I should hear back from Human Resources. 3 weeks later (5 weeks after my phone interview) I heard that I did not get the job.