Cintas Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

Management Trainee Interview

Screening with HR Manager, complete aptitude test with logic, personality, IQ questions, interview with multiple General Managers of different locations, interview with VP of Canada. Each GM discusses which location best suits your personality, abilities and coachability.

Interview Questions
    • What are some negative things your friends would use to describe you   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cintas.

Overall is was not an extremely challenging experience. They definitely follow a detailed interview process. Candidates should be prepared to answer behavioral based questions and need to dress professionally - wear a suit.

Interview Questions
    • no question stood out as being difficult, it was your basic behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate - was happy with offer

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cintas.

Uses STAR method of interview. Second interview: questions not relevant to position applied for, questions not relevant to experience, skills or aptitude. Interviewer was unprofessional in tone of voice and attitude.

Service Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cintas.

This is a very long process. You will meet with at least 4 people and have 3 formal interviews. If they like you they will have you do a route ride along. This is followed by an interview with the top person at the location, the General Manager. If they want to proceed they will do an electronic reference check, a background check and you must pass a drug test along with a DOT physical.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are scripted and very generic. Most questions they will ask you to think of a situation then tell them about what you did and explain the result of the action   Answer Question
    They will be flexible on starting pay and benefits

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took about 5 weeks. I first interviewed with the market sales manager; next, I had a field ride with a sales rep; then, I had an interview with the sales director; the next week I had an interview with the GM; finally, I had an interview with the VP of sales. Two weeks later I received a call from the sales manager (first person I interviewed with). He said they hired another candidate and that I needed more experience. I am thankful for the interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult interviews were with the sales manager and the sales directors   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

Got interviewed for a service sales rep position and have not heard back from them yet. I just did the first interview of many. It was a pretty lengthy interview of about an hour. Personal questions and then those dreaded interview questions that I really don't know if they are helpful or not.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is to come up with stories about different times when I encountered different situations.   Answer Question

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

The person that set the appointment sent a stand in. Must of not looked at her itinerary. Then promises to let you know in 1-2 weeks, then never corresponds even after multiple attempts to find some answers. Just give me closure so I can move on.

Interview Questions
    • What was the reason you left your last employer?   View Answer

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas.

Be ready for a Long Process ...... My process was 6 interviews long over 2 months starting with a phone interview with a military recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager at the location, then a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager, Then a Ride Along, Then a Face to face interview with the sales manager, Then finally lunch with the Sales manager and GM of the location. The only time during the process I felt on the ropes about the job is when they started asking a lot of questions about my Reserve duties and responsibilities in the military ( the hiring Manager seemed to not be okay with my military duty but the GM was all for me being in the Military ) . Tips- wear a nice shirt and tie no bluejeans, Be ready to close and make a sale on a pen or stapler, do your research on Cintas, and make sure you can sale yourself and how they would benefit from hiring you. Other than that stay motivated and be a peoples person. Confidence and kindness goes a long way. They want people that can build and maintain relationships with costumers for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • None really that difficult. questions are similar to " What is something that you have done to improve safety at work." and " tell me about a time you had to go out of your way for a customer "   View Answer
    None, take it or leave it.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in August 2014.

I was recruited off of LinkedIn for the Management Trainee position in Denver, CO. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. An in person interview with the HR director, and in person interview with the office manager, and an in person interview with the General Manager. The questions are all STAR based and pretty much repeat from person to person.
    Overall, the company and position is super corporatey-cheesy. It seriously reminded me of this corporate cheesy restaurant I worked at. I knew that the job was not going to be for me but went along with the process anyway (which worked out, because I did not get an offer). They are looking for new or soon to be grads who have no office experience, but are willing to work their butts off day and night for little money. The work is hard, gross and long hours. Every time I left their offices, I thought to myself "I did not go to college to pick up people's dirty laundry, restaurants disgusting rags and starbuck's moldy milk towels..." Truly, as a "manager" you do those things. Ask questions about exactly what your job duties will be, I think you will be surprised. Every single interviewer asks about safety so be prepared to have a safety answer. EX: What does safety mean to you and how do you follow it in your current position? Tell me a time when a coworker was being unsafe and how did you react?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not meet a deadline? Tell me a time when you had to work with a negative coworker.   Answer Question

B2B Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cintas in August 2014.

A recruiter contacted me via email as well as a phone call. She set me up for a face to face interview a few days later. A lady opened the door to let me in and I thought she was part of the office staff but she ended up interviewing me along with the district manager. It went fairly quick and they asked pretty simple, cliche and broad questions. Pretty simple but in this case, I should've initiated more of my skills and examples of experience and results. The DM asked if I could show proof of my sales awards listed on my resume rather than asking questions to understand my achievements. I told him I wouldn't have a problem giving him copies of my awards. I believe it went up and down as far as the connection but I simply believe they preferred a sales professional with B2B experience. Makes sense but my experience was a few years in direct sales. The district manager seems like he supports and helps his team very much.

Interview Questions
    • How did you find leads to call when you were running low or had no one to call?   View Answer

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!