Cisco Systems Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Bad experience, the recruiter only wanted to close the requisition rather than being helpful in any way.

Interview Questions
It happened with the hiring manager who was much better than the recruiter.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2013.

Contact through Linked in

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2010.

The interview process happened over a few days. I had a phone conversation with three different people and from what I understand, they discussed the candidates together and they selected the best person for the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2012.

I was impressed with the people I spoke and met with at Cisco, but was disappointed by their lack of follow up. After investing 7 hours of my time interviewing with them, I never received the courtesy of a reply informing me I was not a fit, despite follow up emails thanking them for their time and inquiring on my status. I ultimately accepted a job elsewhere and am very happy in my new role, but found their failure to communicate to be very unprofeasional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you've worked in a highly political environment.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2010.

Initially contacted by a recruiter who explained the role. I was then invited to meet with the hiring manager. After a one hour interview I was invited back to meet with 2 HR partners. Following those face-to-face interviews I met with 2 of the 3 leaders the position would support. I talked to the third leader on the phone.
    The recruiter kept me updated about the status of the recruiting process the entire team.

Interview Questions
    • Cisco is not an easy place to navigate. How would you assimilate yourself into the organization?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation needed. They made me an offer that exceeded my expectations.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!