Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015
1,347 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

09Joined as a Fresher
    1/ Written Test - C aptitude
    2/ Technical Interview - I (c programming)
    3/ Technical Interview - II (problem solvings, linux internals)
    4/ Technical Interview - III ( Linux system knowledge)
    5/ HR

Interview Questions

• 1/ Reverse a linked list
      2/ Two threads synchronisation

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

Well, I repent taking up interview with Cisco. Used to hear that Cisco is a great company to work for, but i did not feel it. Worst University Relations HR. Rude and insensible. The candidate to be selected was kinda fixed, they conducted the written round just for namesake. I was asked to leave (rather rudely) immediately after finishing my offline test. I am sure my paper wasn't even evaluated. And there you go, I travel back home 25 kilometers and then I get a call from someone at Cisco asking me to come back since the candidate which they were planning to hire rejected the offer. And here is the next twist, I receive a call from the same person the next day, asking me not to come since the candidate who rejected the offer has now accepted it. Is this some kinda joke? Nobody would want to be treated that way. It was one horrible mistake to have attended Cisco interview. I would rate 0/5 stars for this company. And yeah, not to forget about the mass layoffs happening at Cisco these days!

Interview Questions

• I was not even considered for the job, even when I deserved it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

I have attended Off campus that held on 7 march 2015 on main office Bangalore. The process was very simple well defined it takes 4 rounds of interview.
    1. Round was written test(appti+Data Strucure+ Algorithm+ Networking+Reasoning+c+C++) it takes 50 question in 60 min.
    2. Round was technical interview in this interviewer wants to check whether you are comfortable with coding or not.I have given each and every question's answer clearly. And got cleared that round too.
    Some question were asked
    a. How to traverse tree code preorder traversal recursively and iterative both.
    b. Memory layout in c.
    c. How to compare two string effectively.(o(n))
    d. How to sort an array which is the best techniques that you will select and why.
    e. How internet works.
    3. Round based on network only.
    I have not cleared that round just because of some bloody question like IP header, TCP Header, Socket, IPV4, IPV6, and some devices related question.
    Some question were asked
    a.Write a program to convert decimal number in to binary.
    b. How to convert a tree into binary search tree.
    c. How the internet devices works.
    d. How wire shark works.
    e. Some question based on const pointer.
    f. Explain how NAT works.
    g. What is IP addressing explain each one in deep.
    I have answered coding question efficiently but a little bit weak in network. So did not grab this opportunity.
    4. Simple HR round like weakness, strength, why cisco just like formality.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

4 rounds of technical. round 1:online questions on C and logical reasoning
    round 2: programming and display the output. round 3: programming and technical
    technical:based on networking,protocols,previous project experience
    answers were not accepted if its common logic. interview took one whole day waiting for so much time between each rounds

Interview Questions

• write a program of sorted list which should not contain duplicates for given i/p of numbers. check whether given list contains loop.palindromes ,   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

There is one Written test.It contains questions related to networks, and problem solving questions followed by 3 rounds of interview.2 technical and 1 hr round.In technicaal round they asked questions related to networks and coding.Hr round is easy b(basic question like why cisco,strngths and weakness)

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 Rounds only, First round was telephonic and basic c que. like storage classes, multitasking, mutex, semaphore, i cleared the first one, second round was on networks and algorithm like how to identify a number is 2 to the power N. in order 1.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2014.

Interview

I got selected through university campus. I have four rounds of Interview. All consists of Operating System, Data Structure, Algorithms and Puzzles. Few questions were asked from OOPS concepts also. Interviewers were very nice and helpful. There were couple of puzzles also.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult question for me was to code priority round robin scheduling algorithm.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Interview

3 rounds in total out of which 2 were technical and 1 HR round - process took 2 weeks but never heard about the status.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Interview

3 technical interviews, 1 Group Discussion and 1 HR round. Techical is the main part...GD and HR rounds are just formalities. One techinal interview will be solely on projects and internship. Make sure you have a good arsenal of projects to showcase your potential.

Interview Questions

• Will u be pursuing higher studies?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Bangalore).

Interview

I applied through college process took one day, 1st round was written round consisting of apti and technical and 2nd round was based on your resume and bit coding. Difficulty level average.