Cisco Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,093 interviews

Advanced Services Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

A written test of 1 hours which contains 20 questions on aptitude and 30 questions on programming related mcqs also with questions from microprocessors. Then 1 technical and 1 HR interview. Technical round is basically to judge your concepts and will also mostly revolve around questions related to networking- TCP/IP, HTTP, ping, traceroute etc. Your projects and summer interships matters a lot.

Anonymous Employee  in  Manipala
    Anonymous Employee in Manipala

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2014.

Cisco Systems visited our campus. The interview process was fairly straightforward. There was a Written test of 1 hour. It had 20 questions from aptitude and 30 questions from Technical (C,DS,Basic Electronics Concepts). Then there was a Technical round and HR Round. The technical round were mainly based on C,DS and Networking Concepts. You need to be clear with basics. And have good communication skills

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vellore
    Anonymous Employee in Vellore

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Appitude test will be conducted and then there wil be a technical round and candidates wil be shortlisted and GD round will be there and after being selected in these finally there will be a personal round on which they finally decide

Customer Support Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

The Hiring process is always smooth. The HR make sure everything is taken care correctly.The Hiring process is always smooth. The HR make sure everything is taken care correctly.The Hiring process is always smooth. The HR make sure everything is taken care correctly.

Interview Questions
    • Its not that difficult questions, they always looks for candidate with strong basics.   Answer Question
    Demand as such an negotiate during hiring itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warangal
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

one round of written test, 1:1 and hr interview
    written test contained questions on C , DS, OS and networking
    Technical interview started with basics and covered mostly on operating system concepts and networking concepts, ending with couple of questions on data structures

Interview Questions
    • questions were simple and basics on networking and operating systems   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Campus hire. Written test with questions covering topics from electronics to C programming language. Written test was followed by two rounds of interviews, one with three member panel team technical interview and the other with a person from HR. Overall very good experience, with panel members making me comfortable and then getting into business.

Interview Questions
    • A boat puzzle with constraints added at every attempt of an answer. At some point of time it seemed like the constraints would make it nearly impossible to arrive at a solution.   View Answer

College Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2013.

3 Rounds
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1 ( Screening ):-
                        We were sent some projects and asked to write how we approach the project by giving explanation of how it can be implemented and all.

I heard that now written test will be conducted instead of this.

Round 2 ( Technical Round ) :-
                       Basically this was technical round . I was asked about DS, C, Linux & Networking.

DS ( Data Structures) :-

How to remove a node form singly linked list?
                     Hpw stack works , queue works? etc.....
    Linux :-
                      I told the interviewer that I am a Linux guy, so he started asking lots of commands in Linux like

Whats the cmd to see RAM usage? : $top
    Whats the cmd to see last modified file? : $ls -ltr
    Whats the cmd to add user? : $adduser
    ..........

Networking:-
                               He asked OSI layer model 7 Layers was asked and example was asked for each layer.

In session I told half duplex and full duplex . I was asked example.
    Answer : : Half duplex : Walkie talkie. Full Duplex: GSM Mobile

It was asked like " Lets say you have to send a post to your dad in other city . One way is that you get confirmation another you don't get confirmation. Which would you prefer?"

This was asked keeping TCP and UDP in mind is what I felt and answered like it depends on application/purpose of post. If it is critical I would choose confirmation/TCP otherwise UDP.
    ( Interviewer was happy that I could relate things to real world )

Simple Puzzle :-
    X trees Y sheep
    1 sheep per tree leads to 1 extra sheep
    2 sheep per tree leads to 1 extra tree
    X & Y values?
    Round 3 ( HR Round ):-
                     I was asked what are all your great accomplishments in life. Why Cisco ? What if competitor offers you ?

Interview Questions
    • More of Electronics and Communications related questions were asked for Computer Science Students as well.
      It is a wrong notion that this company asks lot of networking questions for fresher
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. We were informed about compensation well in hand even before screening and it was quite good above the standard of industry.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2013.

a written test followed by 4 rounds of interviews which included questions from my project, basic programing, puzzles and the last round was a HR round. In HR round they asked mostly about why i want to join cisco etc

Hardware Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

3-4 interviews , technical questions focused on your job. mostly on electronic design fundamentals, queries about past projects worked on, why interested in cisco, what do you want to be in 5 years..

Interview Questions
    • none.. mostly anticipated questions about your past work..   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2012.

There was a written test initially. There were 3 sections namely C, networking and Testing. After this, there was face-to-face interview with 3 senior people.

Interview Questions
    • I was actually from ECE background and knew little about networking. They started asking about networking   View Answer
    Since i had little experience prior to that, i just accepted whatever was mentioned.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!