Cisco Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Support Engineer II Interview

Customer Support Engineer II
Bangalore

I applied in-person - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details The Hiring process is always smooth. The HR make sure everything is taken care correctly.The Hiring process is always smooth. The HR make sure everything is taken care correctly.The Hiring process is always smooth. The HR make sure everything is taken care correctly.

Interview Question – Its not that difficult questions, they always looks for candidate with strong basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Demand as such an negotiate during hiring itself.

Warangal

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details one round of written test, 1:1 and hr interview
written test contained questions on C , DS, OS and networking
Technical interview started with basics and covered mostly on operating system concepts and networking concepts, ending with couple of questions on data structures

Interview Question – questions were simple and basics on networking and operating systems   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details Campus hire. Written test with questions covering topics from electronics to C programming language. Written test was followed by two rounds of interviews, one with three member panel team technical interview and the other with a person from HR. Overall very good experience, with panel members making me comfortable and then getting into business.

Interview Question – A boat puzzle with constraints added at every attempt of an answer. At some point of time it seemed like the constraints would make it nearly impossible to arrive at a solution.   View Answer

College Intern Interview

College Intern
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2013.

Interview Details 3 Rounds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1 ( Screening ):-
                    We were sent some projects and asked to write how we approach the project by giving explanation of how it can be implemented and all.

I heard that now written test will be conducted instead of this.

Round 2 ( Technical Round ) :-
                   Basically this was technical round . I was asked about DS, C, Linux & Networking.

DS ( Data Structures) :-

How to remove a node form singly linked list?
                 Hpw stack works , queue works? etc.....
Linux :-
                  I told the interviewer that I am a Linux guy, so he started asking lots of commands in Linux like

Whats the cmd to see RAM usage? : $top
Whats the cmd to see last modified file? : $ls -ltr
Whats the cmd to add user? : $adduser
..........

Networking:-
                           He asked OSI layer model 7 Layers was asked and example was asked for each layer.

In session I told half duplex and full duplex . I was asked example.
Answer : : Half duplex : Walkie talkie. Full Duplex: GSM Mobile

It was asked like " Lets say you have to send a post to your dad in other city . One way is that you get confirmation another you don't get confirmation. Which would you prefer?"

This was asked keeping TCP and UDP in mind is what I felt and answered like it depends on application/purpose of post. If it is critical I would choose confirmation/TCP otherwise UDP.
( Interviewer was happy that I could relate things to real world )

Simple Puzzle :-
X trees Y sheep
1 sheep per tree leads to 1 extra sheep
2 sheep per tree leads to 1 extra tree
X & Y values?
Round 3 ( HR Round ):-
                 I was asked what are all your great accomplishments in life. Why Cisco ? What if competitor offers you ?

Interview Question – More of Electronics and Communications related questions were asked for Computer Science Students as well.
It is a wrong notion that this company asks lot of networking questions for fresher
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. We were informed about compensation well in hand even before screening and it was quite good above the standard of industry.

Hardware Engineer IV Interview

Hardware Engineer IV
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details 3-4 interviews , technical questions focused on your job. mostly on electronic design fundamentals, queries about past projects worked on, why interested in cisco, what do you want to be in 5 years..

Interview Question – none.. mostly anticipated questions about your past work..   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2013.

Interview Details a written test followed by 4 rounds of interviews which included questions from my project, basic programing, puzzles and the last round was a HR round. In HR round they asked mostly about why i want to join cisco etc

Interview Question – none all questions were avg level   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details There was a written test initially. There were 3 sections namely C, networking and Testing. After this, there was face-to-face interview with 3 senior people.

Interview Question – I was actually from ECE background and knew little about networking. They started asking about networking   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since i had little experience prior to that, i just accepted whatever was mentioned.

Mysore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details The interview process started with the ubiquitous written round. This round had two sections viz technical and aptitude. The aptitude questions were witty and a bit confusing but were solvable. The technical questions were more concentrated on logic design and basic electronics with a bit of networking. There were 50 questions (30 aptitude +20 technical). The selection for the next round was based on some relative cutoff.. Around 250-300 people wrote the first test and 60 of us got selected for the next round. The second round was panel interview which the recruiters started immediately after declaring the results of the first round. My interview was conducted by a 2 member panel. My first round score was good as were my academics scores which aided gain some comfort in the interview. We had to submit the resumes before the interview started. My main subject of interest is networks, so they routed me to a panel which had an interviewer well versed in networks. I told my subjects of interests as networks and OS( operating systems). The panel members grilled me tested my technical knowledge relating to these fields. They asked me some questions on the projects that I had mentioned in my resume.The technical questions ranged from basics to specifics. The interview went on for around 30-35 minutes. I answered most of the questions (about 80-85%) with detailed explanation wherever needed but could not answer some of the questions for which my answer was a plain "I don't know, Sir". After the first round of interviews , they called me again and asked about my final year project and my plans on future studies and career. This lasted for 10-15 minutes after which all of us had to wait for around 3-4 hours meanwhile they completed the interview rounds for all the first round selects. Then there was a casual HR interview. The questions were also casual testing my soft skills.
All these interview processes were carried out on a single day. After all processes and procedures they declared the names of the final selects at 12 in the mid night! They selected 13 people from our college out of them 8 were recruited for software engineering profile ( I was one of them :) ) and others for IT profiles.

Interview Question – 1. How to delete the content of a file without opening the file in linux?
2. How does the transport layer provide secure and reliable communications ? ( I was familiar with those services in Data link layer, so had to extrapolate that knowledge to transport layer )
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you get an offer from a company like Cisco which is the leading giant in Computer networks and you are interested in that field , then my advise is to just accept it without any hiccups or hesitations.

Network Consultant Engineer Interview

Network Consultant Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2013.

Interview Details Attended the interview in pool campus.
First round: Written test(20 general aptitude, 30 technical questions)
Second round was technical(Java basics, Routers, OSI model)(30 min)
Third Round was managerial and personal questions were asked about my interests and relevant stuffs(15 min)
Fourth Rround was HR interview(10 min)

Interview Question – questions were easy and straight forward. in technical round he started to go deep into modulation techniques.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2012.

Interview Details There was a telephonic screening round, after which there were 5 rounds of technial rounds.
All of them are around C programming, data structure, networking , and problem solving.

I would say its neither difficult nor easy. In all the rounds there was a puzzle asked.
And datastructure questions involved linked lists and Trees.

Interview Question – None of it was so difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!