Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England

Updated 13 Apr 2015
Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.9

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the EMEA recruitment co-ordinator for a telephonic interview, which revealed to be just a mocking call and a waste of time. During 15 minutes telephonic my counterpart has been repeatedly yawning (6 times at least) on the phone while I was speaking, showing a total lack of education. I still waiting for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on my previous job, why I left and how much I was earning, asking me to provide payslips.   Answer Question

Graduate Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly, applied online via their graduate recruitment website. Shortly was called and asked offered a telephone interview. Once I had been told that I had passed the telephone interview, I was invited to submit a 2-minute video to Cisco. Once my video has been reviewed, I was invited to attend an assessment centre in London for the graduate scheme.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had received a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions and some technical questions. The lady was very friendly and helped me relax as it was the first time I had been interviewed. The process took about 30 mins and I was given time to think about my answer once I was asked it. Altogether it was a good experience as I was not pressured and was able to relax and give my answers.

Interview Questions

• A time you showed leadership/solved a problem/helped a friend to solve a common issue   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy, interviewer very friendly, no hard questions. They told me I was successful and they will get in touch to arrange a formal face-to-face interview, after a month they emailed me saying I was unsuccessful... ridiculous

Interview Questions

• What tech related interests do I have outside of work   1 Answer

Java Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - really easy/standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Face to face interview with hiring managers @ Cisco HQ. A series of three one to one interviews and some of the questions were actually repeated. The three interviews had no technical questions, prior experience didn't seem to matter, they just wanted to know if I would fit within their team, if I had the right mentality and if this position would actually benefit me.

Supply Chain Management - Software Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Call by recruiter, very normal questions. Why Cisco, What do we do, what is supply chain. Then, invited to the offices at Bedfont Lakes. Three interviews with three different people. Nice, normal people from supply chain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to lead?   1 Answer

International Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university. Heard back from CISCO after a month and had a face to face interview in university. The interview was pleasant and the questions were generic (the interviewers were trying to explore your personalities). Pass the first interview, currently waiting for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency and motivational questions : Why do you want to work for CISCO? Why are you applying for this position? What is your interest? What keeps you going to pursue your career aspiration? How do you see your achievement in CISCO will help contribute to the society?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)).

Interview

onsite interview with 6 senior engineers, 2 at a time. Onsite for upto 6 hours. Questions ranged from networking technology to problem solving with algorithms.
    interviewers were very pleasant experienced bunch, asked difficult questions but not aggressive.

Negotiation

need to negotiate agressively.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I just finish with my first interview, Cisco has changed the way of interview through the third part (Randstad Sourcing), so these people try to help you to get as high as score that possible, then they'll pass it to Cisco if you pass the first round.
    Questions was easy and straightforward, More about personal effectiveness at work, so make sure that you have example of teamwork in your mind and prepare for questions.
    Technical:
    What is Cloud
    What is Networking
    Non Technical
    What is Cisco
    Why Cisco must hire you

Interview Questions

• Hoe to persuade someone in group to get better result, ( You shouldn't mix it with leadership or managerial role, they after a specific situation to put your answer down).   1 Answer

Technology Transformation Consultant/Enterprise Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Shambolic - outsourced offshore with little communication and forced short timescales to the point of being rude. I got a chase up for a requested interview time less than 2 hours after it was sent to me.

Anja Langer, who leads the EMEAR Cisco Consulting Services (CCS) practice, was part of the panel but left numerous times to take phone calls (lucky if she was there 50% of the time) - very unprofessional. Very little in the way of a vision as to how they will build out a vibrant practice - basically just sell more transformation engagements.

They have a desire to deliver transformation, but really are tied quite closely to the hardware.

After 5 interviews I only met 1 physical person. 4 interviews were over the phone and I still had questions as to what their vision was at the 5th interview.

Interview Questions

• Contrived case study. More tellingly, the case study did NOT draw out aspects of transformational approach unless you forced them in there...   Answer Question