Citi

Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 14 Feb 2015
Updated 14 Feb 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2013.

1 round of written interview consisting of quants and 2 case studies
one of them was a business plan the other a guestimation
this was followed by 3 rounds of exhaustive interviews
1st and 2nd round were conducted by 1 person while the last round was in front of the entire team.
the questions included technical,puzzles,quants to simple chitchat topics like favourite band and why!
there were no separate hr or technical rounds as such because all sorts of questions were asked in each round

Interview Questions
  • do you feel confident that we shall select you? if so why?   Answer Question
they had previously given us the salary structure,did not have the option of negotiating and neways they pay a lot

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

First round was an aptitude test followed by two rounds of PI.
    Post that, again I was called for a third round of interview with them.
    Result is awaited.

Analyst Interview

There were two technical rounds of interview. The first one was centered around my resume and my previous projects.The second round mainly consisted of solving simple logic-based puzzles, and there was a business case study. There was an HR interview, which contained expected questions like where do you see yourself in five years, what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Case study based on optimizing revenues with some constraints.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2011.

The company usually visits the premier campuses in the country for its analytics center in bangalore. In IITM it started with an IQ test followed by three rounds of interviews comprising mainly puzzles and guesstimates. The final round was the HR round. They expect you to have a structured way of thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to perform under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question in which I had to use functions in Excel and also asked me if I had any coding knowledge   View Answer
    There is usually no such phase when you are being hired for the entry postion right after you graduate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2010.

CitiGroup came to our campus in december 2010, it consists of 4 eliminative rounds in total including written, one 1:1 interview, one group interview, one telephonic interview with HR.

44 appeared for the written

Written: It was a bit easy. if you have good analytical skills, you can crack it easily. it consists mainly aptitude, tech, verbal questions.

out of 44, 14 shortlisted.

1:1 interview: 3 people came for the recruiting process- a Vice president, a Manager and a Senior Analyst.
    this will be little like checking your comfortability, analysing skills, communication etc for 10 min.

out of 14, 6 shortlisted.

Group/ Tech interview: this one is all about your technical details with all the three as interviewers who checked mostly in SQL, DBMS, OOPS and your area of interests. this went for around 45 min.

out of 6, 1 shortlisted. (they had 2 more rounds for another guy to confirm that guy is good or not. but not able satisfy them i guess).

Telephonic: This is just for formality. one HR was asking about my background details and checking whether i will be stick to that job or jumping over.

Finally 1(I) got selected.

Interview Questions
    • they asked deep details of database management system like locking system indexing,...   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2010.

it was a great experiance , just 3 rounds of interview with a lag of 5-10 day each.
    interviewers are very ethical and profressional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2009.

company came for presentation on campus, which discussed the sales and trading side of business and was followed by 3 rounds-
    1. brain teasers- common ones which require no specific knowledge- only logic
    2. general discussion with other people on a hypothetical case
    3. interview- some more brain teasers, general HR questions

Interview Questions
    • Was asked brain teasers again in interview, which was unexpected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

it is on campus interview with aptitude at first followed by 4 interview. 2 technical, 1 HR and then final panel with 5 manger including HR. Technical was mostly presence of mind and statistical knowledge test. HR was behavioral and panel was stress testing

Interview Questions
    • tell me how much amount one of the interviewer carrying in panel interview? you are allowed to ask 10 question but not any direct question   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Really competitive application process which is even hard when graduating from a top university and Masters degree. Positions are filled up rather quickly so apply as soon as possible when you start your last year. Summer Internship helps a lot between you second last year and last year.

Interview Questions
    • If you think about the obvious questions like why citi etc. they will actually ask those kind of questions as well just to check if you are prepared.   Answer Question