Citi

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

Interview Details 1 round of written interview consisting of quants and 2 case studies
one of them was a business plan the other a guestimation
this was followed by 3 rounds of exhaustive interviews
1st and 2nd round were conducted by 1 person while the last round was in front of the entire team.
the questions included technical,puzzles,quants to simple chitchat topics like favourite band and why!
there were no separate hr or technical rounds as such because all sorts of questions were asked in each round

Interview Question – do you feel confident that we shall select you? if so why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they had previously given us the salary structure,did not have the option of negotiating and neways they pay a lot

Mumbai

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details First round was an aptitude test followed by two rounds of PI.
Post that, again I was called for a third round of interview with them.
Result is awaited.

Interview Question – I was based on Finance Technical Round   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details There were two technical rounds of interview. The first one was centered around my resume and my previous projects.The second round mainly consisted of solving simple logic-based puzzles, and there was a business case study. There was an HR interview, which contained expected questions like where do you see yourself in five years, what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – Case study based on optimizing revenues with some constraints.   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2009.

Interview Details company came for presentation on campus, which discussed the sales and trading side of business and was followed by 3 rounds-
1. brain teasers- common ones which require no specific knowledge- only logic
2. general discussion with other people on a hypothetical case
3. interview- some more brain teasers, general HR questions

Interview Question – Was asked brain teasers again in interview, which was unexpected   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2011.

Interview Details The company usually visits the premier campuses in the country for its analytics center in bangalore. In IITM it started with an IQ test followed by three rounds of interviews comprising mainly puzzles and guesstimates. The final round was the HR round. They expect you to have a structured way of thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to perform under pressure.

Interview Question – They asked me a question in which I had to use functions in Excel and also asked me if I had any coding knowledge   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is usually no such phase when you are being hired for the entry postion right after you graduate.

Bangalore

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details it was a great experiance , just 3 rounds of interview with a lag of 5-10 day each.
interviewers are very ethical and profressional

Interview Question – how you slove open ended porblems   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interview Details CitiGroup came to our campus in december 2010, it consists of 4 eliminative rounds in total including written, one 1:1 interview, one group interview, one telephonic interview with HR.

44 appeared for the written

Written: It was a bit easy. if you have good analytical skills, you can crack it easily. it consists mainly aptitude, tech, verbal questions.

out of 44, 14 shortlisted.

1:1 interview: 3 people came for the recruiting process- a Vice president, a Manager and a Senior Analyst.
this will be little like checking your comfortability, analysing skills, communication etc for 10 min.

out of 14, 6 shortlisted.

Group/ Tech interview: this one is all about your technical details with all the three as interviewers who checked mostly in SQL, DBMS, OOPS and your area of interests. this went for around 45 min.

out of 6, 1 shortlisted. (they had 2 more rounds for another guy to confirm that guy is good or not. but not able satisfy them i guess).

Telephonic: This is just for formality. one HR was asking about my background details and checking whether i will be stick to that job or jumping over.

Finally 1(I) got selected.

Interview Question – they asked deep details of database management system like locking system indexing,...   View Answer

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details Applied online and immediately got called to schedule a phone interview which was with HR and was very formal. Following that was an interview with the hiring manager which was mainly situational questions.

Interview Question – Not too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation.

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details Got selected for a campus Interview with two people from the department. On-site interview with 5-7 people (1-2 from each team), based on your resume, they choose who they want to speak to.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years.   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!