Citi

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

Interview Details 1 round of written interview consisting of quants and 2 case studies
one of them was a business plan the other a guestimation
this was followed by 3 rounds of exhaustive interviews
1st and 2nd round were conducted by 1 person while the last round was in front of the entire team.
the questions included technical,puzzles,quants to simple chitchat topics like favourite band and why!
there were no separate hr or technical rounds as such because all sorts of questions were asked in each round

Interview Question – do you feel confident that we shall select you? if so why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they had previously given us the salary structure,did not have the option of negotiating and neways they pay a lot

Mumbai

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details First round was an aptitude test followed by two rounds of PI.
Post that, again I was called for a third round of interview with them.
Result is awaited.

Interview Question – I was based on Finance Technical Round   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details There were two technical rounds of interview. The first one was centered around my resume and my previous projects.The second round mainly consisted of solving simple logic-based puzzles, and there was a business case study. There was an HR interview, which contained expected questions like where do you see yourself in five years, what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – Case study based on optimizing revenues with some constraints.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2011.

Interview Details The company usually visits the premier campuses in the country for its analytics center in bangalore. In IITM it started with an IQ test followed by three rounds of interviews comprising mainly puzzles and guesstimates. The final round was the HR round. They expect you to have a structured way of thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to perform under pressure.

Interview Question – They asked me a question in which I had to use functions in Excel and also asked me if I had any coding knowledge   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is usually no such phase when you are being hired for the entry postion right after you graduate.

Bangalore

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details it was a great experiance , just 3 rounds of interview with a lag of 5-10 day each.
interviewers are very ethical and profressional

Interview Question – how you slove open ended porblems   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interview Details CitiGroup came to our campus in december 2010, it consists of 4 eliminative rounds in total including written, one 1:1 interview, one group interview, one telephonic interview with HR.

44 appeared for the written

Written: It was a bit easy. if you have good analytical skills, you can crack it easily. it consists mainly aptitude, tech, verbal questions.

out of 44, 14 shortlisted.

1:1 interview: 3 people came for the recruiting process- a Vice president, a Manager and a Senior Analyst.
this will be little like checking your comfortability, analysing skills, communication etc for 10 min.

out of 14, 6 shortlisted.

Group/ Tech interview: this one is all about your technical details with all the three as interviewers who checked mostly in SQL, DBMS, OOPS and your area of interests. this went for around 45 min.

out of 6, 1 shortlisted. (they had 2 more rounds for another guy to confirm that guy is good or not. but not able satisfy them i guess).

Telephonic: This is just for formality. one HR was asking about my background details and checking whether i will be stick to that job or jumping over.

Finally 1(I) got selected.

Interview Question – they asked deep details of database management system like locking system indexing,...   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2013.

Interview Details Be confident, you got the interview that means they are interested. Look comfortable and simply tell them why you would do this job better than anyone else.

Interview Question – past experience as analyst. be prepared if you don't have work experience in the position you got the interview for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered without negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview followed by office interview

Interview Question – Examples od analysis work   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details applied online through school.
First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Interview Question – Why Citi?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in January 2010.

Interview Details 1) Phone call - all behavioral
2) In-person Interview - all behavoiral

Interview Question – What are some examples that demonstrates your perseverance?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Analyst interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.