Citi Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

This was for a position (C10) with Citi bangalore
    It was as usual starting with an initiative from the external consultants(Aug23). I was shortlisted and got a call for interviews in a couple of weeks(17 Sep).

Sep17 : 1st round of telephonic interviews was pretty straight forward with discussions on my profile and projects. Got a call from the consultants the next day that i was shortlisted and that the second round would be scheduled. [30 mins]

Sep19: 2nd Round of discussion was more detailed, started off 15 mins early, with a case study by the interviewer who was very friendly and shared a live problem to which a solution was solicited. Went fairly well and i was positive about it. Got another call and was through to the final round. [45 mins].

Sep25: 3rd Client round - was fairly simple with a call to US with a panel of two ladies. This was again open ended and was targeted to understand my knowledge base of BFSI domain and the factors and techniques i would consider in terms of coming up with a solution. [45 mins]

Then i got a got a call from the consultant on the next day that i was through this round and should be expecting an HR round which scheduled while i was travelling to my native while on vacation. Post the HR round{Oct 4} which was very brief [7 mins] i got a call for document submission{Oct8} and then offer roll out {Oct14}.

They made a good offer as per my expectations and I finally accepted the Offer on Oct 18.

The best part of the interview process was that there were no irrelevant case studies / brain teasers/ guestimates (I despise them) /puzzles. They were all business related.

Interview Questions
    It was an open and shut offer with no room for negotiation. A win win i would say.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in August 2014.

Apti+coding on amcat...
    Sucks.. because the comapny doesnt consider your coding questions.. takes only your apti scores into consideration. that thing disappointed me. Good for those who have excellent apti and good coding

Interview Questions
    • Everything is easy if the company puts some sense into recruitment process   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I was hired through a consultant while the centre was getting set up. Intrview process was fast and fairly simple. I went through 3 rounds without any HR involvement. I was keen on only a particular role for which I am currently working.

2 weeks

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi.

Got call through job consultant.
    Worst experience ever I had in a interview .
    Interviewer may make mistake but more than 2/3 is totally unheard.
    Most of the questions like "tell me the definition type of questions" more over won't allow you to finish answers.
    If you are preparing for amazon google or ms interviews this place is not for you.
    I feel time is wasted , this review is about a particular interview not of the company,
    Neither I am putting this as frustration for not clearing it, but a junk should be labeled as junk.

Interview Questions
    • All easy questions , never had time to listen the answer, expects you to tell it as standard 4 students tell multiplication table   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Telephonic interview is where they ask for basic details. This is followed by detailed face to face interviews. Later, if one has cleared all this, gets a call from HR, followed by another telephonic interview. The offer may come in next ten to fifteen days. After that it is up to the person whether they accept it or not.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Distributed client server architecture

Assistant Vice President/Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Citi.

1. two telephonic round from Pune - Questions were very good and standard. Interviewer were very good. Mostly question from thread and web service

2. Telephonic round : US/NY round : very funny round. interview were not able to communicate properly and very bad technical person.

one funny question :
    1. what is the default data type in Spring

other question like

1. what is data base cursor
    2. diff SOAP/REST
    3. difficult problem you have solved etc ..

i got confused with the standard on interviewer and questions.

finally , they rejected me.. :-)

Applications Development Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

I was an On-Campus Placement hiring process. One online technical round focusing on Data Structures, OOP concepts,OS, Networking. Shortlisted for second interview which is a blend of technical and HR. Getting a top score in the first round made this round easy for me. I was quite frank during the interview process and they liked it.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi.

This hiring was for pune location and interview happened in Bangalore.
    I was contacted through a consulting agency, and when i went to the interview location at scheduled time, i was told that it was first come first. I had to wait for 2 hours and then in interview, Interviewer was not even listening. He was more worried about not having lunch at 2 PM. And his behavior was so rude as if he just wanted to get rid of the process.
    Questions asked:
    Tell me about executor framework.
    Difference in Future and Callable.
    Singleton and Decorator pattern.
    How two systems communicate each other?
    I answered all of them but considering his behavior I left the venue after first round.
    Will never ever apply for citi bank in my life.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2013.

1 round of written interview consisting of quants and 2 case studies
    one of them was a business plan the other a guestimation
    this was followed by 3 rounds of exhaustive interviews
    1st and 2nd round were conducted by 1 person while the last round was in front of the entire team.
    the questions included technical,puzzles,quants to simple chitchat topics like favourite band and why!
    there were no separate hr or technical rounds as such because all sorts of questions were asked in each round

Interview Questions
    • do you feel confident that we shall select you? if so why?   Answer Question
    they had previously given us the salary structure,did not have the option of negotiating and neways they pay a lot