Citi

652 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Telephonic interview is where they ask for basic details. This is followed by detailed face to face interviews. Later, if one has cleared all this, gets a call from HR, followed by another telephonic interview. The offer may come in next ten to fifteen days. After that it is up to the person whether they accept it or not.

Interview Question – Business cases that may be unrelated to the position.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Distributed client server architecture

Interview Question – Internal details of Java   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Vice President/Vice President Interview

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details 1. two telephonic round from Pune - Questions were very good and standard. Interviewer were very good. Mostly question from thread and web service

2. Telephonic round : US/NY round : very funny round. interview were not able to communicate properly and very bad technical person.

one funny question :
1. what is the default data type in Spring

other question like

1. what is data base cursor
2. diff SOAP/REST
3. difficult problem you have solved etc ..

i got confused with the standard on interviewer and questions.

finally , they rejected me.. :-)

Interview Question – Question were below standard   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

Interview Details 1 round of written interview consisting of quants and 2 case studies
one of them was a business plan the other a guestimation
this was followed by 3 rounds of exhaustive interviews
1st and 2nd round were conducted by 1 person while the last round was in front of the entire team.
the questions included technical,puzzles,quants to simple chitchat topics like favourite band and why!
there were no separate hr or technical rounds as such because all sorts of questions were asked in each round

Interview Question – do you feel confident that we shall select you? if so why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they had previously given us the salary structure,did not have the option of negotiating and neways they pay a lot

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details This hiring was for pune location and interview happened in Bangalore.
I was contacted through a consulting agency, and when i went to the interview location at scheduled time, i was told that it was first come first. I had to wait for 2 hours and then in interview, Interviewer was not even listening. He was more worried about not having lunch at 2 PM. And his behavior was so rude as if he just wanted to get rid of the process.
Questions asked:
Tell me about executor framework.
Difference in Future and Callable.
Singleton and Decorator pattern.
How two systems communicate each other?
I answered all of them but considering his behavior I left the venue after first round.
Will never ever apply for citi bank in my life.

Associate Interview

Associate
Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2009.

Interview Details not much tough to get through

Interview Question – long term goals and short term goals   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details personal interview 3rounds

Interview Question – good knowledge of ratios   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Call from recruitment consultancy. Followed with initial screening. 4 Technical rounds 2 HR rounds. Process took 5+ weeks.

Interview Question – Everything which you presented in resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was unexpected. The citi environment is more important.

Analyst/Senior Analyst-Finance @ CITICORP India Interview

Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details The interview process comprises of preliminary screening and then face to face interview.
Its difficult to exactly tell how many rounds of face to face interview exist because I could only get to 8 th round.
I can say this literally every senior person in CITI at Nirlon Park had interviewed me face to face.

And please note that all rounds are elimination.Once manager will approve it , then your resume flows to another guy who interviews you.If succesful he forward it to third.and it goes like this.

And guess what you don't even get the feedback.
In my case consultant was Elixir-Web.When I asked them for feedback , they said they will let me know.Later they called me to know If company contacted me directly.
Then after 3 months they drop a email to check if CITI directly contacted me and I joined.They dont trust their clients.

Interview Question – 8 rounds of F-2-F interview in my case.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2010.

Interview Details This was through my employer so interview was a cake walk. Just few questions on the project. Unix, process, SVN etc. I had to submit a POC for flex component to prove my flex skills. But it was easy.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. Submitting a POC was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi interview questions and advice. All 652 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.