Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

HR set me up to interview with 4 managers which was completed in one day. I was called back for a second round with 4 different managers. All was fair and went very well.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elk Grove Village, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Referred by employee. Very quick response, initially. Was told I would hear back in two weeks. As of one month, hadn't received an update.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected if you prepare accordingly. Shouldn't really be any surprises. Good in-depth questions regarding experience and how one gets along with others on the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

My credentials were a perfect match for the position so i was confident going into the interviews. I met with about 5 people for about 45 mins each. They asked about my past experiences and seemed to be determining whether i would be a good fit for their team personality-wise.

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of the position you are interviewing for?   Answer Question
    They were not open to negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Joined as consultant detail interview includes technical questions and screening on knowledge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in June 2009.

My hiring process was very brief in that I already worked at a company that Citi worked closely with. They had already reviewed my experience and spoken to my boss so there were no surprises.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be willing to travel is always the hardest for me, neither party seems to know exact on that one.   View Answer
    No negotiation at all. I already had a relationship with the company so I received the same salary and that was fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Very comfortable, friendly, non-formal. They were extremely sensitive to any potential nervousness and/or uneasiness. My interviewers genuinely seemed like they respected and appreciated my skills, talents and experience and the value I could add to the organization.

The interview focused more on personality fit than technical and business skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    I explained to them that I was very comfortable and secure in my current role, but that I felt I was being under-utilized and that my opportunities for growth were virtually non-existent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I was interviewing for several positions with two different managers at the same time. I decided to choose one specific position and focus on interviewing for that only. I ended up having three telephone interviews, one with an HR representative, one with the hiring manager, and one with his manager. There was no in-person interview.

The managers seem very capable and technically knowledgeable, and they know what qualities they are looking for in their employees. As long as you are open and honest when answering the questions, the process is very smooth.

If an offer is extended, you will be expected to complete a drug screen, background check (employment, education, and criminal history), and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. The one that always throws me off is "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" I still can't figure out a good answer for that one.   View Answer
    I was up-front with my requirements, and no negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Initially applied for a job outside my skill set. Recruiter contacted me and proposed another job. 8 interviews about four weeks later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How will I handle the fast, intense and big company given that I was coming from a much smaller company   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate as the salary was significantly more than my previous job.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

I had 7 interviews, 6 1-2-1's standard 'talk me through your CV and give me examples when....' type of questions and a standard HR interview (but 1-2-1's continued after the HR interview).

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions and a few scenario based questions but if you have enough experience it wouldn't be taxing.   Answer Question
    Was offered more than the number I stated but Citi were aware that I had other offers and was in the middle of other interview processes

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!