Clear Channel Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated 6 Oct 2014

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Clear Channel.

Process took around four weeks. I received an email for an interview a month after applying online. After interviewing for the first round with one of the professional recruiting managers, I received an email a couple of days after for a second interview with another. After interviewing with her the following week, she told me that she was going to follow up with an email for an interview in the office, where I would have to do a mock sales situation. This recruiter never had the common courtesy to email or call me back, with me thinking that I would be coming in for an interview that same week.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions, name clear channel stations, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Clear Channel

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clear Channel.

Started with a phone interview, Recruiter asked a few questions about me and it I was familiar with the company. Simply just asked me about what I want to do long term. She never explained what the position or any details. Recruiter was difficult to talk to, she made facilitating a conversation difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Clear Channel.

Be proactive with hiring sales manager, call or email with your interest. You will have to meet numerous managers and employees. Be prepared to deliver a presentation on the stations.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you tried to start with a smaller company or smaller market?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. Allowed a day to sign the offer letter or the opportunity was gone.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Clear Channel.

Applied Online. Took about a week and got a call from a Recruiter in Texas. Then set a personal interview at with one of the Sales Managers. Easy process and relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Clear Channel.

I have nothing negative to say about the interview process. I thought the person that interviewed me was very nice and professional. I would love to work for Clear Channel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Clear Channel.

Initial Interview I went through a series of question of the GSM and was interviewed by other managers

We came in the middle of what I needed for a salary/draw and what they offered

Account Executive Interview

I applied back in December and they said they weren't hiring, but contacted me in late April for a phone interview. First phone interview included some standard questions as well as information about the company. Next was a second phone interview later that week which was only 15 minutes and easier than the first one. In this interview they tell you about a case study assgnment that you have to present in front of the sales managers. The guidelines for the assignment were brief and straightforward, but be prepared to be able to come up with a very detailed marketing campagin for whichever client they choose for you (mine was forever 21). They asked a lot of questions throughout the presentation and expected me to know exactly how to do the job given I am a recent graduate and have only a summer's worth of sales experience.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clear Channel.

All over the place. What is my favorite radio station is the hardest question asked - are thise people alive? No wonder their business is tanking.

Interview Questions

Place feels like a train wreck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Clear Channel.

Long interview process... took place over 5-6 weeks. Application submission. Phone interview. 1st face-to-face interview with manager. 2nd face-to-face interview with two managers and AE's. Senior Management interview. 4th face-to-face interview with two separate managers (two interviews back-to-back), 5th interview with a mock-presentation.

Interview Questions
    • They were easy and typical questions. Nothing was difficult. Be prepared to discuss past, present, and future. Explain how your experience, strengths, and knowledge can translate into competitive advantages for their team, stations, & market. Preparation is key.   View Answer
    Negotiation was not possible. It was take it or leave it. Was led to believe that accounts would be placed under me to increase my total compensation above the "standard" draw that every AE receives. Once I started, it took two months for management to transfer those accounts. When it was not consistent with their previous assurances, there was no explanation or discussion allowed for their lack of follow-through.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clear Channel.

I was called two months after originally applying and the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview the very next day. The interview was fairly easy with average questions. After that interview, she told me that another recruiter would call for a second interviewer sometime during the week. I was contacted by that recruiter only four days later, and scheduled for another phone interview in three days. That interview was a little harder than the last, but still easy. I was supposed to have another interview in person the next day, but the recruiter failed to call me back or email with information.