Clear Channel Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2014

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Be proactive with hiring sales manager, call or email with your interest. You will have to meet numerous managers and employees. Be prepared to deliver a presentation on the stations.

Interview Questions
  • Why haven't you tried to start with a smaller company or smaller market?   Answer Question
Not much negotiation. Allowed a day to sign the offer letter or the opportunity was gone.

Other Interview Reviews for Clear Channel

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Applied Online. Took about a week and got a call from a Recruiter in Texas. Then set a personal interview at with one of the Sales Managers. Easy process and relaxed.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Clear Channel.

I have nothing negative to say about the interview process. I thought the person that interviewed me was very nice and professional. I would love to work for Clear Channel

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Initial Interview I went through a series of question of the GSM and was interviewed by other managers

We came in the middle of what I needed for a salary/draw and what they offered

Account Executive Interview

I applied back in December and they said they weren't hiring, but contacted me in late April for a phone interview. First phone interview included some standard questions as well as information about the company. Next was a second phone interview later that week which was only 15 minutes and easier than the first one. In this interview they tell you about a case study assgnment that you have to present in front of the sales managers. The guidelines for the assignment were brief and straightforward, but be prepared to be able to come up with a very detailed marketing campagin for whichever client they choose for you (mine was forever 21). They asked a lot of questions throughout the presentation and expected me to know exactly how to do the job given I am a recent graduate and have only a summer's worth of sales experience.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel.

All over the place. What is my favorite radio station is the hardest question asked - are thise people alive? No wonder their business is tanking.

Interview Questions

Place feels like a train wreck.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Long interview process... took place over 5-6 weeks. Application submission. Phone interview. 1st face-to-face interview with manager. 2nd face-to-face interview with two managers and AE's. Senior Management interview. 4th face-to-face interview with two separate managers (two interviews back-to-back), 5th interview with a mock-presentation.

Interview Questions
    • They were easy and typical questions. Nothing was difficult. Be prepared to discuss past, present, and future. Explain how your experience, strengths, and knowledge can translate into competitive advantages for their team, stations, & market. Preparation is key.   View Answer
    Negotiation was not possible. It was take it or leave it. Was led to believe that accounts would be placed under me to increase my total compensation above the "standard" draw that every AE receives. Once I started, it took two months for management to transfer those accounts. When it was not consistent with their previous assurances, there was no explanation or discussion allowed for their lack of follow-through.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clear Channel.

I was called two months after originally applying and the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview the very next day. The interview was fairly easy with average questions. After that interview, she told me that another recruiter would call for a second interviewer sometime during the week. I was contacted by that recruiter only four days later, and scheduled for another phone interview in three days. That interview was a little harder than the last, but still easy. I was supposed to have another interview in person the next day, but the recruiter failed to call me back or email with information.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Clear Channel.

I interviewed for the AE position in NYC. The interviewer was cold and peered at me through her glasses the entire time. She was condescending and asked questions about a job I had 13 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • She asked if you can name all the NYC radio stations owned by Clear Channel and three artists from each station.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Clear Channel.

Initial phone interview with recruiter. Went well, scheduled interview with GSM. That went well, followed up with interview with director of sales and regional VP. Did follow up after all interviews and twice contacted the GSM about if they had made any decisions on the candidates, no response. Would have at least expected a call or email regarding a yes or no to the position however nothing was given. Makes sense why their turnover rate is fairly high with the lack of communication, cannot imagine their employees being happy or their clients either.

Interview Questions

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!