Clearlink

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orem, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Clearlink in May 2014.

Interview Details Group interview format. Two company / HR reps and small group (4-5) interviewees. Pretty casual / comfortable. Format: introductions made around the room; company / position overview provided; followed by questions thrown out to the group with expectation that all interviewees would have something to contribute.

Interview Question – Which of the following motivates you the most: compensation, competition, or recognition?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearlink.

Interview Details They just asked about previous work experience and asked me to start on Monday. Not very professional and not very in-depth. My case was somewhat extraordinary though, because I showed up unannounced and they made time for me because they were hiring so aggressively at the time.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay is set.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Orem, UT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearlink in September 2013.

Interview Details They really don't look at sales experience because they will train you on the griffin hill sales process. They main thing they want to see is that you are hungry for money and that you are trainable. I was asked what motivated me, and I said money. Then he asked me what motivated me to make money. They want to know why you want to make money. For example, to buy a new car, or that you have a family at home that you need to make as much money a possible for. They also might ask you what makes a good salesman.

Interview Question – What motivates you to work hard besides money?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with pay.

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearlink in December 2013.

Interview Details Current employee gave my info to appropriate party for the position. Then HR coordinated a phone interview that lasted about a half hour to an hour on a Thursday. Set up 2nd interview for the following Monday where I met one on one with the director, then one on one with another manager, then went into another room and met with 2 fellow designers that I would be working with. Then on that Friday was offered the position.

Interview Question – I struggled with the question, "What websites do you follow for inspiration?" I froze only because I don't frequent many sites often and I tried to remember the ones that I have checked out, just couldn't remember. I know I like certain sites, but I should've been more prepared or even discussed sites are maybe a good resource for well-designed websites.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation wasn't necessary, I felt they are very competitive with pay.

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Clearlink.

Interview Details Hired via a job fair. Showed up with a resume and interviewed with a bunch of people

Interview Question – If I didn't hire you, but gave you one chance to persuade me otherwise, what would you say?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Hired at $11/HR + Commission

PHP Programmer Interview

PHP Programmer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Clearlink in October 2013.

Interview Details Initial contact was a bit rushed, but that was understandable as I was a late entrant in the process. Interview went well and I was made to feel comfortable. The questions mostly surrounded background and experience. The environment seemed to be full on energy, a place where I would like to work.

Interview Question – How did I get started on software development.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Clearlink in June 2013.

Interview Details It was a group interview

Interview Question – Honestly there wasn't any unexpected questions it felt like we were all friends.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clearlink in May 2013.

Interview Details I received a call from HR to set up a time to do a prescreening interview. At the end of this introductory interview, I was invited to their office to meet with a few additional people. I first met with the same HR rep who called me to get a few more questions answered. After that interview, I was introduced to a person whom I would be working with as a peer. That conversation ended and I was introduced to the VP of the department and met with him for a little while. Unfortunately, after I spent the time with them, I was informed the next steps I would be contacted by HR within 2 weeks. I did some of the normal stuff like sending thank you cards to the hiring manager and the others who interviewed me. At 2 weeks I sent a follow up email and left a voicemail for HR. She did not respond. I waited another week and I called the hiring manager and sent an email. Zero response. I never even received a templated HR email stating I was not chosen for the position. This left a very sour taste in my mouth for this company. I was excited about the position at first, but was very disappointed in the lack of communication.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a time where you failed to deliver your results on time.   Answer Question

Corporate Staff Member Interview

Corporate Staff Member
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Clearlink in December 2012.

Interview Details hiring process was very thorough and precise, great recruiter reached out to me, scheduled innovative personality survey and scheduled interview, after meeting with managers of the department I received a job offer a few hours later, their hiring process was easy and they emailed me all documents and checklist information that I need in order to start and meet criteria for their hiring policies.

Interview Question – How would you hire 50 people in a short period of time and make sure all hiring processes were completed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation of salary and benefits were discussed during 2nd interview

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Clearlink in June 2012.

Interview Details After you apply online, someone will call you and do a phone interview (really a phone screen). If they like you, or if you pass, they will invite you to come meet in person for a face-to-face interview. If they don't like you, they'll tell you that they will thank you and say they will contact you later with a final decision.
They do multi-person interviews, also called "blitz interviews," where they take you into a room with 5-15 other candidates for the position, and they ask everyone the same 3 questions. Then, everyone takes turns responding. Then they ask a couple open-ended questions and let people respond on a voluntary basis. After that, they hire the top 25% (including all the female candidates present) who stand out of the crowd as leaders to them, who would fit into the young early 20's - late 30's hipster culture. In my interview that included 12 candidates, I was hired with 3 others. In a coworkers interview of 15, there were 4 people hired, (both female candidates). This seemed to be the case universally among our coworkers. After that, you are all taken into a waiting room, and they call your names one at a time. The first ones they call in are offered a position. The rest are told that they will be contacted later on a final decision.

Interview Question – Voluntary question: "Who in this room do you see as your biggest competitor?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "We would like to offer you a position here at Clearlink starting on (date). What schedule works best for you?"

Worked for Clearlink? Contribute to the Community!