Comcast

Updated 29 Jan 2015
Updated 29 Jan 2015

2.7

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Had phone calls with each member on the team. There were no technical questions, only behavioral and personal questions to see if we can be a good fit. They asked for location specifications, and I chose Denver, though they have interns all over, and especially Philly. I received an offer, and had to take a drug test. I accepted the offer and was glad I did. Large corporate company, but if you get on a good team, it is a lot of fun.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no technical questions. Relatively easy interview process. They were just looking for the best fit for the team.   Answer Question
    Rate was note negotiable.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

From the first phone interview to the offer letter was over 3 months. The Internal recruiter was fresh off the boat and wasn't sure about the hiring process at all. He was hard to understand, broken English and spoke too soft to be heard.

Interview Questions
    • I was a rehire back. The question was: Why do you want to return to Comcast. I answered that I stepped away to advance my career in a direction I thought would be beneficial and I see this step has given knowledge, maturity, professionalism that I can now advance within Comcast and not only help grow my career, but the company as well.   Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Excellent recruiting process. Thoroughly enjoyed each interview. Looking forward to working with what seems to be great leadership and mentorship. Every step of the recruitment process has been professional and motivating to move forward. I'm not sure what I was expecting but the culture observed was something I would be proud to be a contributor towards.

Interview Questions
    • Enjoyed each interview and was impressed with management and leadership style. Stressed on how difficult the job would be and asked how I would handle being in implement weather for long periods of time.   Answer Question

TELESALES Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

pretty much the easiest interview ever . They ask about 5 questions . Have you ever had selling experience ? Tell me a time you had to meet a sales goal? Basic questions pretty easy !

no negotiation

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Comcast.

There were multiple interviews to this role any other sales position. Nothing really was different or made it all that challenging. They will ask you if you are comfortable cold calling businesses. They will also ask if you have a reliable mode of transportation.

There is no opportunity to negotiate. It is the price is the price kind of process.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Initially applied via Comcast job portal. A couple days later I received an email to a form asking me to list my skills, available times to be called, and to upload my most recent resume and transcript. Had the phone interview, about 20 minutes long. Mainly talked about things on my resume and cable technology. A week later the HR team contacted me to schedule an on-site interview. Talked with 2 HR employees, was asked a couple general (read easy) questions about my goals and past experiences. A couple days after that, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a challenge you recently faced.   View Answer
    • Given 9 balls, one of them being heavier but the rest identical, and two chances to weigh them on a balance, find the heaviest one.   View Answer

Was selected for another company that I was more interested in.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

I applied online on the career page on comcast.com/careers. I was contacted by a recruiter and given a 15-20 min phone interview. This was about 6 days after I filled out the actual application. They told me about pay rate and benefits before I even got started with the interview. I was then sent a link to take an personality assessment. Pretty standard and included some scenario questions with video's. The same day I received a call to set up a in person interview :) I applied around the holiday so my interview was about 2 weeks later. The interview was at a central location that was no where near the store I applied for. The interview was at 10 and started promptly and they was a big group, about 30 people. We watched video's and went over benefits and perks then split into groups of 5 and did a short group interview, mainly about my last job likes/dislikes and relevant experience. It wasn't a very big room and there 6 different sets of group interviews going on around me and I could clearly hear everyone else. We there then told to wait and they came up with a cute excuse to let go about half of the group and the remaining were asked to stay for one on one interviews. My one on one interview was with my actual store manager. Asked about 5 questions about job relevance and experience. You must have an updated version of your resume because they will look at it for reference. They do background checks and drug testing. Do NOT lie on your resume and make sure your dates and time periods match up because the BG check does confirm your dates of employment-job history, criminal background and where you've lived. I did get offered a job and think it will be a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product that is similar to a competitor and let a customer know your product is best...
      (Not exact words, but similar)

View Answer
    No negotiation.

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast.

Applied online and was emailed back within 2 weeks for a phone interview. Did great on the phone interview and was able to proceed to the next step and was told my information would be sent to the Hiring Manger for the position.Weeks passed and never heard from Manager so I emailed HR and she have me the run around. Followed up with HR again and was given the run around again.Never heard anything else in regards to the position. Very unprofessional in HR.

Direct Sales - Winback Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

I applied online on a Saturday and was contacted by the recruiter Monday morning. I had a short over the phone interview with him and took an assessment test. I was told I passed and was set up for a interview with the local supervisor the following week. That went well and I was set up for a interview with the regional manager the next week. I recived my first offer letter two weeks later.Next I had a drug screening and background check which took another week. I passed both and received my final offer letter. I then waited 2 months for training to start. Total time for application to training was 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to work outside in all types of weather?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Retention Specialist Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

I applied online got a call from a recruiter the next day scheduled a phone interview for later that day then got invited to a face to face interview. The interviewer had a packet of at least 4 questions. I was thinking to myself im sure he will only ask a few, no he went through the whole book writing as he went. The interviewer was not very personable.

Got offered another position