ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

2.9

PTRRC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interviewed by two managers. They asked about my experience. Very conversational.

Con: It took 4 months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more like a conversation to get to know me. They asked if I had any experience in taxes, real estate, and properties.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2013.

Takes a while to get through the system. HR and recruiting is somewhat unwieldy. Once they are interested, opportunities come up. Interviews are not particularly difficult if you are competent and knowledgable about your subject matter.

I don't rate the interviews as too difficult, but if I was applying outside my depth, I think I would have been weeded out.

Interview Questions
    • Only surprise was they drug test. (Very safety conscious).   View Answer
    They start with a very competitive offer. Consider any offer you get to be about 50% higher when you factor in the generous benefits. (Great profit-sharing, bonus, on-site health facilities, etc.)

If anything, they aren't aggressive enough in presenting the opportunity.

RPA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2013.

applied through school website and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. There were several people there to talk with you before the interview and get you to fill out something's. I had two people interview me asked a lot of different types of questions, but the hardest was behavioral type questions.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Met the recruiters at a job fair. They selected about 10 for the interview process, and filled two spots. The interview was very basic behavioral questions, with maybe one or two technical questions. ConocoPhillips had very friendly employees, and emailed/called with an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you didn't do and/or regret from your college experience.   Answer Question

Upstream Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter initially and interviewed with 4 different people a week later. All 4 were from different departments and had different outlooks. It was good to get multiple opinions and answers. It was mostly a behavioral interview process but was very "down to earth" and welcoming. They were not intimidating like most interviews like this. They provided great insight on the company and we talked about my skills and most importantly my hobbies outside of work. They were very concerned about a work life balance which I thought was great. A week after interviewing I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for behavioral questions that focus on analytical ability, team work, leadership, and initiative. Come prepared with answers that highlight those things and that relate to the position open.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

University interview process. 30 minute initial interview on campus followed by Houston visit meeting 4 to 5 employees and interviewing with each of them separately.

Everyone was very friendly and they paid for expenses while in Houston. I was also impressed with their facility.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral type questions and general review of resume and career goals.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Engineering Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Two interviews, one with manager, then with peers. behaviour questions asked

Accepted offer.

IT New Hire Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Attended a university career fair, where I submitted my resume. I set up the interview through a career website, and also exchanged emails though one of the recruiters. The interview involved general behavioral interview type questions. Things like, "Tell me a time when you were in a team, and things weren't going so well," or something along those lines.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you used technology to help solve a problem.   Answer Question

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2012.

There was first an on-site interview on campus where there was a 1:1 interview and I was asked 4 different behavioral questions. In one week I got a response and given an on-site interview in Bartlesville, OK. They paid for everything. I got there on Wednesday night and the interview was Thursday. This was a rotation with 4 different people asking very similar behavioral questions. After that it took another week when they finally extend an official offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Very informal, Interviewed with someone who worked in supply chain, not someone from H.R. Two people, one mostly asked the questions and talked while the other mostly took notes. Most questions related to how I handled situations in the past and my experience relevant to the position. Overall, a relaxed interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you knew that you were right but others wouldn't believe you.   Answer Question