Costco Wholesale

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.6

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I submitted an application online, and they called me about a week later to schedule an interview. They were opening a new store, so they had scheduled several hundred people to come into a hotel lobby, come when called, and sit down at one of many tables for the interview itself. I dressed business casual and answered their questions honestly and brightly, so the first phase of my interview went very quickly. I sat down with two managers. They explained the interview process, and I answered about ten questions about my previous experiences before one of them said that he did not need to hear more and would be sending me up to the next step. I then met with a higher level manager, talked with him a bit about my expectations for retail and where I wanted to go with the company. He wrote a few notes about where I might fit in the store then sent me to a drug screening (saliva collection, not urine or anything too messy). I was called back a few days later with a job offer. I accepted, and then it was on to orientation and canvasing training.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    There was no real negotiation, because it's an entry-level job and they have a set pay scale.

Food Court Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I applied for any position on Feb 21st 2015, I got a call the next day they scheduled me an interview on Feb 24th 2015. They explained to me that they have a part time position in the food court I said yes! I went to my interview got interviewed by 2 girls they were both so nice one was asking me questions while the other one was writing my answers. Then I interviewed the store manager and she was very friendly as well she asked me simple questions and then she asked if I had time to fill out some paperwork so I did, I took a drug test. After that they told me that all that was left was a backroad check and that's what I'm waiting for. Overall it was a really nice interview they were really friendly nothing but good vibes! Hopefully I get a call back soon! :)

Cake Decorator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Had a great interview! Typical interview questions based on "Name a time when..". I focused on my ability to work well in a team, multitask, effective in time management, etc. After the first interview it took about a week for them to call my references then I was invited for a second interview with the Warehouse manager where it was basically just learning a little bit more about me and I was hired on the spot and signed the papers.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to make a quick decision and what was the result?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

so i walked in there with no idea where to go and asked the receipt checker where to go for an interview, they said to go to membership, and then the person at membership radioed for the interviewer. we sat down in the food court and thats where the interview was. he asked a few questions. i knew they were really understaffed because he sounded like he was trying to sell me a car instead of offer me a job. then the second interviewer came. asked a few more questions. got drug testested. and then filled in some final things on the computer. i forgot my social security card but he said it was fine and to call him when i got it.

Interview Questions
    • any customer service experience?   View Answer
    • were there any incidents related to customer service   View Answer
    • what did you want to do with your life before working at costco.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

They asked many questions that were not your typical boring questions. People were friendly with loaded questions. THIS IS A THREE STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS. For me they did them the same night. Was done in a pretty laid back manor. BUSINESS CASUAL is dress style. Jeans and polo are what I wore.

Interview Questions
    • Some that I can recall is how have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker, with a customer, and how will your previous work experience apply here.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was no negotiate phase, pay was good but slightly less than what I currently make at my first job. Not so much about the money for me so it didn't matter for me

Stocker Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online. Application took about 20 minutes. It has been two weeks and i have not heard back from costco about my application. They dont give a contact email so i have no way of getting in touch with them to ask about the status of my application. I am now looking elsewhere for employment.

Amy Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online and chose any position from the list of available openings. Received a call a week later and went in for the interview with two supervisors. They were very nice, asked standard questions, and explained the pay, benefits, and scheduling procedures. Got called a day later to interview with the warehouse manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to share a job and split up duties amongst multiple people.
      Name a time or how would you deal with an angry customer.
      What steps do you take to achieve your goals?
      Do you have any questions for us? (always ask questions bc it shows the employer you're interested in the position. Ask about guaranteed hours, rate of pay, etc.)

View Answer

Maintenance Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

One phone interview. On in person interview. Was hired sent for a drug screen and started working within that week. You are evaluate on your punctuality and diligent on the job.

Interview Questions
    • All the question were normal and about previous employment.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I applied online for a new store opening. I got a call to go to a cattle call interview about two weeks later.

The first interview was with two managers. One asked questions, and the other wrote on a clip board. They asked basic interview questions. After that I waited for about 15 min and had a more indepth interview with an assistant store manger.

A few day after that I went in for a drug test and to fill out paper work. About a week later they had orientation classes.

Interview Questions
    • Is there an instance in the past where you feel like you could have made a better decsion, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base pay off a scale.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Sat down in the break room with two employees who asked me for my availability, before heading on to very specific situational questions.

I applied to be a cashier, but they insisted that I consider working in tires or as a gas station attendant.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were misunderstood by a coworker   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to help an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an abrupt change in your schedule, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were recognized in the work place   Answer Question
    • What have you done to prepare for today's interview?   Answer Question