Costco Wholesale

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

2.6

Meat Department Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online. Went in to drop off my resume and to meet a manager asked for the hiring manager got a interview on spot ( I was shocked but always ready) nailed interview with 2 mangers and then gm hired on spot. From what I heard and learned they like people who are professional never call to check on application go in and follow up show your face and make a great impression. Note* this was for seasonal* later when my season was up few months later I went in asked for any available position and got hired full time. Plain and simple relax and have confidence. Good luck everyone!

Fixed.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

everyone who applies for a position will get an interview. If you are not to far away they will want you to come in. There is always 2 people interviewing you. One will ask questions, one will write down responses. Sometimes the interview is in a busy loud space, and can be very distracting.

Interview Questions
    • What changes would you make to this department (without working in the department, or knowing what changes need to be made)   View Answer

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

There was an initial phone call to set up the interview, which occurred later that same day. I was interviewed by a front end manager and a produce manager. They were very professional, seemingly reading from a Human Resources script, but that is how Corporate interviews are conducted. I was very impressed with the front end manager; she seemed to really know what to do, how to do things, how to speak to people without sounding phony. The produce manager impressed as a "newbie" to the process so I perceived he may have been in training on how to conduct interviews. Overall, the interview process, which was considered the first and second interview combined, was easy although it did take place at an extremely disgustingly messy table in the food court.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't recall any question being difficult or unexpected. I suppose there could be such issues with someone who does not have much interview experience of this type, meaning very corporate in nature.   Answer Question
    There was really nothing to negotiate at the interview, unless one considers availability as a negotiable point. Even that was relatively benign.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Interview lasted less then 10 minutes, mostly situation questions and they ask a lot about how you work with other people. No surprising question or any thing. The manager who interviewed me said i would get a call back, never heard anything back from them

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to take the blame for something.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

After handing in an application and resume in person, i was contacted via phone to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 managers who asked a number of questions. After that, I was called in for a second interview. I arrived early, smiled, and had a firm hand shake when met by the warehouse director. He liked those 3 things so much that he told me to forget about this interview as well as the next interview and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Costco?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation, whether in school or at work, that did not go as planned and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Food Court Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

It was really good had 2 mangers one writing one asking the qestions. I was nervus but I got through the 1st interview then they called me for a 2nd interview it was more indeped about the job. Overal good basic qestions. Just be yourself and ull be fine remeber customer service is number one!

Be yourself

Night Merchandiser Interview

Very smooth interview. Very friendly managers. I would recommend most of my friends to join the Costco team. I dont know what else to say. I just want access to more salaries so I have to write this review. I hope this is over thirty words...

Cashier/Cashier Assistant/Photo Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2014.

I applied online and got a call a week later to come in. My first interview was in the food court with three different people. They didn't have everything together so I was sitting at the table for long periods of time. They asked me to come in the next day.
    I was interviewed by the manager and gm. The gm was very cold. It didn't last longer than 5 mins. He asked me if I knew anyone in the company and I said no. The interview was over when I said no. You need to know someone to get into the company.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more about what have you done whether than what will you do.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Met them at my university tunnel. I talked to them and they invited me for an interview. Went for the interview the next day and impressed them with my answers. Got invited again for another interview and was hired

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a teammate who is not as productive as you are?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

3 interviews in one day
    They go over basics regarding your problem solving skills using hypothetical situations
    Each interviewer got a little deeper with the questions. It seemed like if #2 didn't like your answers, you would not have been passed on to #3. They drug test the same day.

They have a standard base starting pay. Even if you left the company and came back, you have to start over at the bottom. Currently $11/hour for front end assistant or other assistant (like deli)