Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.6

Front End/Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, MD (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Wheaton, MD (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Simple and easy. About 5 situational questions. Can't remember exactly what the questions were. I was very nervous prior to the interview but the questions were very easy and I enjoyed the job but couldn't work the whole seasonal time due to personal reasons. Very fun, socialized a lot with full time employees. Great work environment!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a slow employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be Your self! Easy and quick interview. There was no second and third interview. Drug test and background!

Food Court Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (South San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was called in for an interview 2 days after I applied. I was interviewed by just the food court manager. Most of the questions were "Name a time where...and what did you do to fix it." My interview was fairly informal, but I was a little nervous. After that interview was over, I had a second interview with the assistant manager maybe 20 minutes later. He asked 3-5 easy questions, explained the whole seasonal job process(everyone gets laid off, but some may get rehired afterward) and liked what I said during the interview. The interview with the assistant manager was a little more intimidating, but I pulled through it. I took a drug test, then filled out a couple forms and was on my way. I got a call about my background check 2 days later and met for orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were your standard "Name a time..." questions. Be prepared to have examples from your experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, everyone starts out at $11.50

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Waited 15 mins to be interviewed. Asked the typical questions and if was a pretty easy interview. There were 2 people interviewing me, one writing down and the other asking questions. They seemed to like me because they asked me to come in for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview didn't go as good and it seemed like the person interviewing me didn't want to be there. 2nd interview was short and I knew I didn't get the job by the way he was acting. An hour later I got an email saying I didn't get the job. I feel I would of gotten in if someone else interviewed me the 2nd time but its okay I'll keep trying!

Membership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Apply on-line with all relevant background, experience, and honest answers to battery of questions. If you're lucky, you'll get a prompt call back if positions are available (August/September best to apply for "seasonal" hiring which starts early October.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are difficult however, know as much as you can about the company, it's values, it's successes, Mission Statement, goals for the future, challenges and how you can be an immediate contributor.   Answer Question

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online and waited two weeks. then called the following two Mondays. Both times I left my name and number with whoever answered the phone. A hour or so after I called the second time I received a call for an interview for the position of bakery wrapper for that Wednesday. When I got there a guy at the door told me to sit in the food court near a coffee machine that wasn't there. Lol. After waiting 20 mins I asked a worker if I was sitting in the right area. They told me I was and that the assistant gm was pretty busy. Anywho when she finally came she took me to a small room and I was interviewed by two women one wrote down my answers the other asked the questions off a sheet (this counted as 2 interviews). They asked situational questions about working in a team or disagreements with previous coworkers and how to handle it etc. Afterward one of them told me that she had to give my answers to her boss and that her people would call my people type thing. So at that point I thought I didn't get the job.

So I walked outside to wait for my ride. Moments later the lady that interviewed me told me he boss wanted to interview me because they thought I answered the questions so well. She only asked me two questions : tell me about yourself and whats your availability. Then she said I would need to take a drug test on site and to come back later for that and if I tested negative that they would then do a background check. Monday they called to offer me a position and told me how much I'd make hourly. I accepted and then came in Wednesday for paid 4 hr orientation and I started work the next day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational. Name a time when you had to work in a team. Etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation the starting rate was great so there was no need

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I got called in for an interview about a week after my resume was sent in. I did wear business casual - it's important to look presentable even though it is only a warehouse position! Like everyone said, the 'first' interview is with two people - one asks the questions and the other writes on a notepad - and is considered to be two interviews. They asked a lot of situational questions where you have to draw form previous experiences - a time when you had to do more than one activity; a time when you had to react in an urgent situation; how you adapt to unexpected changes to your schedule etc. If you prepare for these types of questions, you'll be fine!

The second interview was a lot more casual and relaxed. I was told to read through the job dictionary; did a small activity where i just had to show her how I carried load (she looked at my posture and all).

Later that day, they called up my references and called me to tell me I got the job.

Membership and Marketing Interview

Application

Interview

I was called in by the assistant store manager. He and another manager interviewed me for the position. I then got a call from anothe manager asking me to come in (department I got hired in) after they sent me to do a drug test. They had me come Ina third time to offer me the position (final interview is with the store manager)
    Perks: you can wear jeans!

Interview Questions

• What are costcos five pillars?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate wage. Everyone starts at a specific wage. The more hours you work, the higher you get paid. For example: you get paid 12.50 for the first 1200 hours that you work, after that, you get a 25 cent raise. Then it keeps going up until you top out

Food Court Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

I applied online and got a response the next day. I was asked what hours I was available. An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview was basic questions like "How did I handle a workplace disagreement?". After that interview they called and scheduled a second interview with the district manager. After that interview I had to take a drug test immediately and fill out paper work for a background chech. Got called the next week for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

I Interviewed for Seasonal Interview

Interview

I was called for an interview, went in spoke with 2 managers they asked a few questions like, how did you prepare for this interview? once i was finished they told me that they would get back to me in a week. I was called the next day for a second interview with the store manager, went in for that interview he repeated again that it was only seasonal and did a drug test they submitted background check. Got called 5 days later for orientation.

Interview Questions

• If hired, what do you have to offer for costco?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. .

Any Interview

Application

interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2014.

Interview

received call to come in and interview, for some reason I was 1st able to ask what hours they were hiring for and I could not take it at the time. sorry this won't help much. the interviewers were kind and thanked me for my time.

Interview Questions

I couldn't do the hours they needed.