Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014
Updated 18 Oct 2014

2.6

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baxter, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baxter, MN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied on Costco.com. 1st interview with 2 managers, 2nd interview with 1 manager. Both were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Research the company's history before your interview. This was very helpful for me during my interviews. They have a set list of questions to ask. A lot of, tell me a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker type questions.   Answer Question
    No pay negotiations, but they pay really well for retail. I was asked to choose what department I wanted to work in as they had openings in a few.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

I applied online. Got the call a couple weeks later to go in, my first interview was with two workers.. basic questions.. why work here, do you know about company, tell me if you were in this situation, what motivates you. 3 days later i got called for an 3rd interview with GM, asked about experience, and if i knew about company.. mostly to see what position they are going to put me in

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? Tell me about a time you had a misunderstanding with co-worker?   View Answer
    Show you want to further your career with costco, like you want advancement opportunities

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

I applied online for any position and received a call a few days later. I was referred by a couple of employees. I entered the interview with a cold and fever, which made me feel even more nervous and I was not able to think clearly when answering questions. Two managers constructed the interview. The hiring manager was super nice and was pleasurable to speak with. The questions concerned my work experience, customer service, and how I have acted in certain situations.

Specific situation questions that I remember are: "Describe a time in which you had to suddenly show a sense of urgency at work?" "Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem with an associate through communication?" "How do you deal with angry customers?"

One thing that was strange about the interview was that the second manager in the room would not look at me. I was attempting to keep eye contact with both of them throughout the interview, but the second manager was staring at the floor with his hand rested underneath his chin, and he did not speak until I was leaving. Since I was sick I did not appear healthy and energetic.

It wasn't horrible on my end, I just could have provided better answers that expressed my strong desire to work for the company. After my interview the hiring manager told me to check my email for confirmation. When he said that I knew that I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult. Opening questioning was most unexpected, "What would you be doing if you weren't here right now?"   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Atleast four interview sequences were required.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Very long interview process. I applied for the job towards the end of 2007. After initially receive the standard, "thanks but no thanks" email, I received a call in January to see if I was still interested.

From there, I had multiple recorded phone screens in February and March. I had an on-site interview with the recruiters in March. In April I had a phone interview and two on-site interviews with the hiring Manager and one of my peers.

The interview was your standard behavioral interview style (STAR-AR type questions), along with technology trend questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Costco, what is the Costco story.   View Answer
    Salary negotiation was straight forward. Vacation time needed additional work, as the original offer included one week vacation, and I was able to get 2 weeks.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Took about a month to get an interview. 1st interview took about 10-15 minutes by two of the supervisors and if they like you they'll get a second interview with a higher manager. Got a call within 2 weeks I got the job.

No negotiation

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Filled out online application and was called a day or two later. I scheduled an interview but was not given the correct location (I assumed it was a different location but failed to verify) - I arrived at the wrong warehouse and as a result, was 10-15 minutes late for my first interview.

I was interviewed by two women, one of whom asked all the interview questions. The other one looked disinterested and only took notes. The questions asked were your typical situational scripted interview questions. Needless to say, I was sent an email informing me that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really. I think they were looking for someone with more confidence. I was a little nervous so that may have hurt my chances.   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Questions
    • all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   View Answer

Cart Pushers Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Was called 2 weeks after I applied to come in for an interview, then was called in a week later for 3rd interview, then was offered position, and was given drug test, and had too wait three days for background check to clear

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you made a mistake, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview was short and simple. Took all of 10 minutes. I sat in a room while a floor manager and another store manager asked me questions like what I thought customer service was and what qualifications I had that would put me ahead of all the other potential hires. They also asked me about school and what I do as a hobby on weekends.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me what my old boss would say is my biggest weakness.   Answer Question