Cox Communications Inbound Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr 2015

3.3

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 people at the Crossways location which they now do not use that location for interviews. It seemed very comfortable to me and it did not take much over 30 minutes. I was very relaxed and felt the questions were relevant to the job I applied for

Interview Questions

• All were based on a certain questioning format but none were difficult   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Online application was a pain, e-mail from recruiter to set up phone, online and another phone interview. Online test can be taken from home. Keep in touch with your recruiter. Typical sales and customer services interview questions. Background check and drug test. Hiring paperwork. Training is two months. Hours need to be flexible.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales and customer services interview questions.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Orange, CA (US)).

Interview

Structured questions seemed to be lacking my capabilities. I didn't feel like my sales skills were being evaluated and I was being judged on an interview structure instead. Found out later I was passed up by another external person, this seems to be a trend with the company.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Must apply online, then take an online assessment, telephone interview, next is the drug test,set face to face interview with two managers and wait for a decision...can take up to 3 months

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were right and the manager was wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from somebody in the hiring dept to set up an interview. Showed up on time, but waited for about 15-20 minutes to be called into the interviewer's office. The interviewer was wearing cargo shorts, a casual polo and had a big Sonic drink the whole time which kind of threw me off. He was nice, though.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions were how-would-you-handle-this-situation scenarios, what are you looking for here?, what can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Took another offer.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Metairie, LA (US)).

Interview

takes about 1 month from your interview time to drug screening and background check and then about 2-3 weeks after that to hear a response

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult internal employee, what did you do, how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations ... $10.hr

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with a very personable recruiter from Cox's HR dept. She scheduled a personal interview for the next day. I did a remarkable job in the interview. It was more indepth than I thought it would be, but stll did well. Cox recruiter called me that evening and gave me an offer. $10/hr for training, 8.50/hr after 8 wk training and uncapped commission. She told me she would send me 2 emails. I only received one. I did not receive the offer letter yet. I arrived for orientation at 8:00am sharp on Monday. I sat through orientation for 2 hrs and filled out employee paperwork including their I-9 form and had my picture taken like all the other employees, lastly listening to the head of the retention dept. Then, during our break, the recruiter pulled me aside and said they had rescinded their job offer and that I didn't have a job w/them!
    I guess they decided to fire me on my first day. I didn't do anything to have that happened. They gave me no answer when I asked them why.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where you used your sale skills to deal with a difficult customer and it had a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you have other sales experiences both positive and negative to discuss in the interview, and that you are $$ motivated. AND GET the offer letter.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Very easy and quick. Applied online and received a call the next day. Went to and interview with HR, which was followed by a Sup interview that same day. Was offered a job one the interview was completed.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Very long. Many assessments. Several interviews. Irrelative questions in interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation with an irate or belligerent customer.   1 Answer