Cox Communications

Updated 9 Nov 2014
Updated 9 Nov 2014

2.8

Customer Retention Representative Interview

They where very nice. We exchanged some jokes. I got the job. They asked scenario questions. I interviewed with two people. I interviewed for a contract position. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. It is a contract position.

Intern Interview

Went online and got a call-lady who internviewed me was very nice. Ask basic questions like what are your goals, etc. I had a music background so was excited to interview with 99jamz. They basically said if hired you'll be assisting vj's and doing radio ride alongs to give prizes to people in community

Customer Service Representative Interview

The hiring process was easy. I filled out an application. The interview process was easy. There was a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. I got a call a few days later and I was hired. I had five years experience working at another telecommunications company

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2014.

Found job on Indeed.com and applied on Cox website. After 3 weeks, they closed the post and sent an email to schedule a phone call with HR. 30 minutes with HR, reviewing resume. I asked about company culture and her experiences with Cox. This question was well received.
    One week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He gave a brief overview of the job and immideate needs of the position. I interjected similar experiences from my past whenever it was relevant.
    Two weeks later, on site with said hiring manager and his boss. Detailed review of the job and projects. He gave a lot of detail, I made sure to summarize his comments to verify that I was listening and understood the goals of the position. Also gave a couple of annecdotal stories of how I performed similar tasks in the past. The Director was looking for a "self starter". Used specific examples of how I took over projects and teams without the boss asking me to do so.
    One week later, interview with peer to Director with similar tactical experiences as mine. This was the reality check to verify my resume.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult or unexpected questions. Know your resume and how it is relevant to the position.
      "Tell me about a time when..."
      "What are biggest weaknesses?"
      "What would your former coworkers say about you?"
        Answer Question
    Offer was within expectations, no negotiation.

Tech Support Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cox Communications.

Went into a lobby with a few other candidates. Typically they have you back for 2 or 3 interviews however, I was moving the following week and made a trip up there for this specifically so the rushed my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you move a file from one area to another on the computer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2014.

I was first contacted by a Talent Acquisition Manager/ HR. I was asked to schedule a phone interview with her for the next day in which I did. Following the phone interview she said she'd email me a link to take assessment tests that are required for the position. She indicated that if passed would I be available for face to face interview four days from then. I indicated that I would be available. I received the email with the assessment link and took the tests. It was made up of Critical Thinking, Math and Behavioral questions. Degree of difficulty depends on you. I passed the tests and was scheduled for interview three days later. It was a panel style interview with 4 people. They asked questions one at o time in the STAR format and it lasted about 30 minutes. Interview went great and was told that they had more interviews throughout the day. I am confident I will get the job offer.... Well, that was a few days ago. I just received an email notification that I will not be proceeding to the next step of the hiring process. I am humbled for sure! I have 10 yrs of customer service and sales experience. Thinking back on the interview I realize now that my S.T.A.R. answers were more of what I would do rather than a specific instance. If you get the interview make sure you give exact specifics of a particular time you handled that situation. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail a time where one of your co-workers was doing something at work that was illegal or unethical.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Initial screening interview was by phone by HR in another state. Interviewer could not answer any questions regarding the position other than what was written in the JD, even though she asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the interview was one behavioral interview question after the other. Rapid fire questions one after the other. There was no questions regarding the context and no follow up on your answers.   Answer Question

Any Interview

They use the Star interview process. Usually a panel of 2 to 3 people. You will have to interview for every position you post for whether you are brand new or have been with the company many years

Interview Questions
    • It is pretty straight forward. They ask situational questions   Answer Question
    They dont negotiate. they have a flat offer.

Supervisor of Commercial Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in August 2014.

I applied online on a Wednesday and was contacted by email on Thursday to set up an phone interview for Friday.

First the Interviewer asked my how my previous experience related to the job description.

Then I was asked 5 STAR interview questions. All of the questions were related to managing staff in difficult situations or motivating staff to work harder.

The phone interview is the first of at least 2 interviews. They said they use this info to determine who will get an in person interview. I am still waiting to see if I will get a 2nd interview. More to follow if I do.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Internal promotion - interviewed with the regional manager and director of the channel. The entire process took close to 3 weeks due to the number of applicants. The interview itself was with a director and VP in person and an additional regional manager over telepresence. The environment was very friendly, yet focused on work and success.

Interview Questions
    I turned down the first offer and was countered with 2k more a year and accepted