Cox Communications

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.8

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cox Communications.

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions
    • They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions.
      Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.

Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Got a call from the company recruiter after receiving my resume. This was followed by a phone interview with hiring manager and then company visit for interviews with about 5 people in the organization.

Senior Manager Interview

I do not have anything to say about this process. I just want to submit a review for a worthy employee, and I am being forced to complete additional forms. I am not interested in a contest or winning $500. I simply just want to submit my review.

N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Phone interview with HR, interview conducted with group of supervisors, and then role-play scenario directly followed the interview with supervisors. You will be contacted a few days after if selected for the position. STAR method on behavioral based questions is the preferred method.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay was the most stressful, trying to sell a product you've never sold before.   Answer Question

Customer Retention Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2015.

The initial call by he recruiter was great very enthusiastic and friendly the actual interview in person was just two people uninterested in communication and just asking the scheduled questions on the paper

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to get use to a new policy or procedure that wasn't easy what did you do and how   Answer Question

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2015.

Application process took 2 weeks. Got called in for an interview basic questions in STAR format. Like, Tell me a time where you had an angry customer and how did you handle to situation? Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Order Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

I applied online and a couple of days later I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter. A week later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. In the confirmation email I was provided with links to the STAR interview format and told to review this. My in-person interview was with three people. The interview lasted 30 minutes. All questions asked were behavior based questions. I found it exhausting to have to think of a situation for every question that was asked. It would have been nice to have a mixture of interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were unexpected as they were asking about specific scenarios from your past and the end result.   Answer Question

UHT Proficient Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

I was called a week after submitting my application to come in for and assessment. After that, I was notified that I qualified for an interview, which was okay.

Interview Questions
    Fair. Base pay is average, but within a year, you get 2-3 dollars in raises after completing certifications.

Tech Support Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Asked me multiple questions about past situations and how the lessons can be applied, very easy and relaxed interview just discussing past work experience, nothing different from most. Applied through a job fair so the interview process will be a bit different. Waiting in line with dozens of other people and were sorted based on our preference and skills.

Interview Questions
    Told me the amount offered (same for all reps hired with me) and start date of training, asked if I accepted or not and that was it

Account Services Representative Interview

interviewed at Cox Communications in December 2014.

I applied online, half expecting a "Thank you for your interest" email, but instead, I was contacted by one of the recruiters. She wanted to set up a phone screening, and told me that I could call pretty much whenever I was free. The screening only took about 10 minutes, and afterwards, we set up a face-to-face interview. The interview was your standard "Describe a time when..." The interviewer was nice, and it didn't feel like one of those "cold interviews", when they sit there and write down your answers, not really caring about much else. I was very pleasantly surprised that almost as soon as I got home, I was called by the recruiter and offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • There was this part when you had to role-play as if you were on the phone with a customer. The interviewer leaves the room, and gives you about 10 minutes to prepare what you're going to say. You have to solve the customer's issue, as well as sell them an additional product if given the chance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was an entry-level position.